Recent Acquisitions: Part 3

Reaction score
Here's the non-reflective version. I've always LOVED the costumes from the 90s X-Men cartoon and I just had to get it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this varies wildly but what would you say you'd spend on average to get a 17x22 print framed? I am looking at getting the Ghost In The Wind Giclee print by Swanland from my fiance but she is trying to figure out if their 225 framing is worth it.

I've only ever had canvas framed so I have no clue and the place I use to go to is OOB.

Reaction score
Depends on the type of frame/glass you want on it. Prices can vary a lot depending on what you want.

Have you tried pricing it through American Frame?

Reaction score
I just ordered this wonderful print of The Millennium Falcon toy by the Retro Draughtsman. 914mm by 610mm.

In hand photos to follow.

Reaction score
I took delivery of Matt Taylor's "Jump Into Hyperspace" from The Bottleneck Gallary.

There was a limited edition variant, but i was too late to get that.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this varies wildly but what would you say you'd spend on average to get a 17x22 print framed? I am looking at getting the Ghost In The Wind Giclee print by Swanland from my fiance but she is trying to figure out if their 225 framing is worth it.

I've only ever had canvas framed so I have no clue and the place I use to go to is OOB.
Stay away from glass. Hollywoodposterframes

Reaction score

Last print I had framed was $225 US for 18x24, with archival materials and the best museum quality UV glass available. But to spend that the print has to be worth more than the average print, have some historical significance, and I have to love it enough to see it every single day.

Reaction score
Someone at Hero Complex Gallery hooked me up with this Craig Drake print today, nice really low number too. There's a variant edition of it as well, but it wouldn't have matched what I'm going for... I believe the official name is "Light Side" it was released at WonderCon

Reaction score
Thanks, I like his work too. I'm trying to be a little selective about the prints I buy though, cause the framing expense and wall space. With Drake, my goal is to get one of all the main actresses for Star Wars. I also don't want to be like one of those people that when you walk into their house it's like walking into a barbie dream house obsession (but with Star Wars)...

Reaction score
Wow didn't even know he did that piece. Looks great, I might have to try and find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I accidentally came across it looking for something else... There were two of the variants on the Bay being offered at an extravagant price. I had to do some searching and there is very little information out there... The dimensions are 24x36" for both editions, the Reg ed had a run of 375 the Variant had a run of 75. It was produced for Wondercon.

Reaction score
Someone at Hero Complex Gallery hooked me up with this Craig Drake print today, nice really low number too. There's a variant edition of it as well, but it wouldn't have matched what I'm going for... I believe the official name is "Light Side" it was released at WonderCon

Wow... love this one. It's beautiful.

Reaction score

Two new ones. Sorry I cannot get the horizontal thing works out on my phone. Surprise I ordered the Jabba one directly from Acme and the just sent me the "1"

Reaction score
Nice grabs everyone. I can't wait to see all our new Celebration art framed up soon.B)

Reaction score
Just got the last one back from the framer, sorry for the not-so-good pic.

Reaction score
Sorry if its the wrong place but does anyone know what the going rate is for Lawrence Noble's "Failure Will Not Be Tolerated"?

Reaction score
I picked up this print by Tony Bamber. It's 36" by 24" and i rather like it. It's very different.

Reaction score
I picked this up earlier this year. Its an original water color artwork by Paul Wenzel, who was a popular Disney poster artist from 1958-1999. It was part of a commission he did in 2000 for Lucas Books after retiring from Disney. It was published in a series of Lucas Books children's books called 'My First Star Wars Adventures' - 'Save Naboo!'. Considering that Lucas is a big fan of artwork, and in particular 'Americana' artwork, I'm really shocked he didn't keep the originals, and that they went so inexpensively on the secondary market. Not that the artist is a household name, he isn't. But he was a prolific Disney artist, whose work was used extensively in Disney marketing, including classic movie posters. So even though he's not well known by name, his work is recognizable by many. His more recent work focuses on western and native american themes. One of his Disney paintings even made it onto a US postage stamp.

For me, artist aside... I loved the painting from the moment I saw it, and I had it framed with the best archival materials, including museum quality glass.

Some of Paul Wenzel's other work for Disney...

His more recent work can be seen here...

http://msgprescott.com/our-artists/paul-wenzel/

Reaction score
Picked up my Randy Martinez Celebration Orland print from the framers!

Reaction score
Picked up online...various sizes available, but I picked up 16x24:
Moovietee.net. Also hoodies, tees, phone cases, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So at Celebration 4 in LA, McQuarrie bookmarks were given out at some of the panels. I got a few of them but I didn't get a full set - until I visited the Art of McQuarrie booth and talked to the folks their for awhile and I mentioned that didn't get the full set, and then I got handed this complete uncut roll of all the bookmarks. So after 11 years, I've finally framed it and will put it up in my collecting room.

Last edited:
Reaction score
McQuarrie's art has never done anything for me (*ducks*), but even i will admit that this is a sweet score. very nice.

So at Celebration 4 in LA, McQuarrie bookmarks were given out at some of the panels. I got a few of them but I didn't get a full set - until I visited the Art of McQuarrie booth and talked to the folks their for awhile and I mentioned that didn't get the full set, and then I got handed this complete uncut roll of all the bookmarks. So after 11 years, I've finally framed it and will put it up in my collecting room.