Recent Acquisitions: Part 3

Reaction score
I'll gladly kick off Part III with my just delivered ESB Vader by Christion Waggoner....#11/95

Canvas, gallery wrapped of course.

Reaction score
Impressive Beek!

An early Christmas gift from my wife! I can just sit and stare @ this, I love this Palmer art!

-Mike

Reaction score
I got a couple of prints of digital art from Daniel Falconer, who is a designer for Weta Workshop and worked on The Lord of the Rings and pretty much all of the other major Weta projects. He's also a scummer, although I won't post his board name just in case he prefers to remain anonymous. I think they came out really well. They're 8x10s.

Reaction score
They're both fantastic, but i love the bottom one. Nice purchase icruise.

Reaction score
Just received "Dewback" from Acme for my sandtrooper focus collection.

Reaction score
Picked up several sketch cards since the last time I posted. A lot of Irma Ahmed from several different sets, a Manga Tuken from Eric Vedder and a McQuarrie Concept Trooper by Tom Hodges. Enjoy:

Reaction score
I got this great painting of C-3PO on ebay very cheaply, apparently direct from the artist, Alfredo Gonzalez-Alvarez. He painted it in 1983 using inks and white paint. There is a little water damage to the top part of the painting, but it's more subtle in person and actually looks like it could be an intentional effect in the background, so I don't think it's a big deal. It's about 8 x 10.

Reaction score
I received a new Aayla Secura commission piece in the mail today. This one is done by Camilla d'Errico.

It adds to my other Aayla pieces:

Joe Pekar

And Adam Hughes

Reaction score
Maybe I should have said it was a con sketch. If you are lucky, you can get him to do you one at a convention for about $100. The problem is his request list is always many times larger than the actual amount he can do doing a show. I was lucky.

Reaction score
by Spencer Brinkerhoff

Lee Kohse

Otis Frampton

Jamie Snell

Tim Proctor

Reaction score
icruise said:
I got a couple of prints of digital art from Daniel Falconer, who is a designer for Weta Workshop and worked on The Lord of the Rings and pretty much all of the other major Weta projects. He's also a scummer, although I won't post his board name just in case he prefers to remain anonymous. I think they came out really well. They're 8x10s.
Oh hey, that's me! LOL. I just stumbled upon this thread.

Thanks ICruise. I'm glad you were happy with the prints. So sorry it took me forever to get them to you. Thanks also for being so respectful as to hold back my username. That was very thoughtful, but I don't mind folks knowing who I am or what I do.

Thanks also to others for kind words about the artwork. The Christmas sleigh image was done for Star Wars Action News as their Christmas card a few years ago. The other one with all the Jabba's palace aliens in a cartoony style was done around the time the Tartakovsky series was airing. I liked the style of their show and thought I'd try drawing some palace denizens in a vaguely similar style of my own. I've been meaning to do a bunch more some time.

Oh hey and I'm loving that Threepio you acquired too ICruise! That's really nice.

Reaction score
I have both of your pieces matted and framed now. They're hanging over my desk.

Reaction score
Are you sure those faint blueprint etchings are actually an intentional effect rather than a defect of some kind? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Reaction score
I think so, i can marry them up with the blueprints that i have. Morly would be the best one to ask.

Reaction score
Well, as long as it looks good, that's the important thing.

I got a few more pieces framed recently. First is "That bad, huh?" from Spencer Brinkerhoff. I got it back when it came out at Celebration V (thanks to someone who picked it up for me) but I hadn't been able to get it framed until someone mentioned using the double LP frame available at Michaels. I got a mat cut to fit and all together it cost me about $30. I think it works quite well, although getting it lined up properly with the mat was challenging because there is text right up to the edge of the print and I didn't want to get it cut off. You may not be able to to tell in the photo, but I managed it. I think it looks quite good when framed up.

I also framed the C-3PO painting I posted about earlier. I went with a double mat, one a sort of goldenrod color and the other is a metallic gold.

Here is my Dr. Seuss-inspired Jabba from Adam Watson.

And finally, here are the two prints by Daniel Falconer that I posted above.

Reaction score
icruise,

Those look fantastic! I must get my hands on one of those "that bad huh"!

-Mike

Reaction score
A couple of recent eBay pick ups. Battle Droid is by Tomas Giorello and Padme is by Irma Ahmed. Enjoy:

Reaction score
I'm new to fine art collecting, so this is my first picture post in this section of the forum.

I got 3 out of my 4 prints back from the framers. I should hopefully get "Lukes Destiny" back tomorrow...it is getting the same treatment as my Olly set. It's hard to tell how mammoth the frames are from the pics, but they are 3'x4' each. Sorry about the glare...anti-glare glass was about another $400 and that wan't gonna fly.

I included a progression of my art wall for fun. I like all the versions of my wall, but the final set is by far my favorite.

I have to patch up some holes and put up my last print, so more pics to come!

Enjoy!

A number of changes in just a short time:

Reaction score
BobaFatt - I hate you right now.

Moss set looks friggin' incredible framed up. Yeah, I am jealous.

Reaction score
Single mat, yes? How wide did you go on the mats? 2"....3"?

What framer did you use?

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
Single mat, yes? How wide did you go on the mats? 2"....3"?

What framer did you use?
As long as you hate me for the right reasons.

I had them done at JoAnne Fabrics. After a lot of research on price and styles, they were the best option.

The frame is just under 3" and the mat is 3". I couldn't go much bigger, because the uncut mats were only so big.

I'm glad you like them.

Reaction score
those turned out great and look fantastic hanging up with the rest of your collection. Kudos on a great setup topped with some great art!!

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
BoboFatt said:
deathstar1000 said:
FANTASTIC pics Boba! Where is that Falcon print from? Me likes!
Thanks.

DS1K, I think the website was - www.islandburner.com
WHOA! They have some GREAT stuff their and very reasonable prices. Wonder how much is the shipping.
It was about $100 to ship to the U.S. I assume the more you buy, the cheaper per print.

Reaction score
I got my last print back from the framers. I also took new pics with the flash...surprisingly a lot less glare.