Recent Acquisitions - Movie Toys & Collectibles

Reaction score
Funko Legacy Rocketeer....4 of which magically showed up at my local TRU.

Reaction score
picked up 2 LJN Articulated Roger Rabbit figures from RetroCon in Oaks PA. I didn't even know these guys existed. scored the lead weasel, Judge Doom, Roger, Eddie Valiant and a bendie Jessica Rabbit.

Reaction score
Though probably not high on everyone's list, I picked up the NECA ultimate Leatherface from Hastings yesterday and must say, he is probably one of the best looking figures I've seen so far. Awesome accessories and exquisite detail. Well worth the money! He's currently residing in my kitchen as my cooking partner.

Reaction score
On a little get away with my wife to Savannah, GA. I found an awesome store called Planet Fun. It was totally awesome, like walking through my childhood, they had tons of retro toys like Transformers,Gi Joe (both ),Star Wars, Jim West, Buck Rogers, etc. Plus they had modern figures like Neca,which I bought the new 54 Godzilla and it's beautiful. I really wish that I had a store like this closer to home.

Reaction score
picked up the Hot Wheels RC Ecto 1 the other day. this is super cool. has lights and the siren from the Ecto 1 and a decent speed too.

Reaction score
Okay, so not technically a movie figure, but Dark Horse's "Horrora" Space Thing is kind of related to John Carpenter's The Thing. It's just based on the creature's description in John W. Campbell's original novella Who Goes There?, wherein "the thing" is described as being blue and having three red eyes (which, admittedly, you can't really see here due to the crummy webcam quality and the lighting).

Reaction score
Picked up a 1991 TMNT Super Shredder MOC figure. This thing is spotless!!!!

I'll be getting it autographed by Kevin Nash in Colorado Springs in August. It's an awesome piece!

Reaction score
I went to the usual comic book shop I go to every once in awhile and found some old Beetlejuice figures. Including Adam. They were still in their original cards for 11 bucks so thats not too bad i guess

Reaction score
I didn't know this thread existed, but I collect various lines so I'll definitely contribute to it. :)

Here's what I got in the mail today. An almost mint Kenner JP:TLW Bull T-Rex! B)

Reaction score
Man, that's awesome!

I too am a huge JP toy collector. Here's my centerpiece, a replica TLW Bull T. rex maquette.

Reaction score
Man, that's awesome!

I too am a huge JP toy collector. Here's my centerpiece, a replica TLW Bull T. rex maquette.
I'm glad to see there is another JP collector here. That is a legendary piece you have. I don't think there are many out there.

Most of my JP collection is from the Kenner days, and a few of Hasbro's Jurassic World toys. I'm looking forward to seeing what Mattel does with the license.

This is my Jurassic Grail: Chronicle Collectibles Breakout T-Rex Statue #33 (I am still blown away I got #33 after years of attaching that number to my message board handles).

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about the Bull T-Rex was he was crammed into too small of a box, so his tail was perpetually bent; I recall this being an issue with the original JP T-Rex as well.

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about the Bull T-Rex was he was crammed into too small of a box, so his tail was perpetually bent; I recall this being an issue with the original JP T-Rex as well.
Yes that was a common problem with the Rexes. They would bend the tail to make them fit in smaller boxes. They did this for the original Red Rex, and TLW Bull and Thrasher.

For the Red Rex there was a bendy wire inside the tail so you could straighten it. People used poly fill (the stuff inside pillows) and stuffed it into the Bull Rex tail (through the opening in the stomach) with mixed results. I had a loose one years ago and never got the tail straight.

The Trasher's tail was smaller and thinner, so it typically would straighten on it's own but it isn't uncommon to find them with small bends. If you're taking one out of the box now, 20 years later, the tail would probably be permanently bent. But who would be crazy enough to open an MIB Thrasher now? :grin: That's the last one I need to complete my line of Kenner "big" T-Rexes. But it seems to be the most expensive.

Reaction score
For my Bull T. rex custom, I just stuck an 12 inch metal kabob skewer into the tail and that keeps it pretty straight. ;)

Reaction score
I pre-ordered Chronicle Collectibles 1:24 Jurassic World Indominus Rex yesterday. It was good timing as I only have two payments left on my T-Rex bust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beautiful! :)
Thanks. Yeah it's a great looking statue. They nailed that pose. I didn't have to think about it for to long before placing an order.

And there's another statue coming out in the future, a Rexy/Blue combo set, that can be combined with Indominus to create a 5' long diorama of the big brawl from Jurassic World.

Reaction score
just received my pre-ordered Blitzway 1/6 scale Ghostbusters yesterday... these figures are amazing. very nice sculpts and likeness (except for Ernie Hudson), lots of cool accessories. now bring on 2019 and the 1/6 scale Ecto 1

Reaction score
scored a Ghostbusters 2 Playmobil Egon yesterday from the Woodbridge TRU. also picked up a complete set of Scream Features Real Ghostbusters action figures from a show this weekend that I was a guest at NJ Horror Con.

Reaction score
Scored a couple things on eBay recently. They should be arriving this week or next. B)

Kenner JPs1 Velociraptor

Sideshow Aragorn as Strider statue

Reaction score
That raptor was my favorite dino from JP1... seeing that brought back a ton of memories!
It's a classic! I was lucky to find this one loose but in such good shape. It will go into a small display with some other figures from JP (big Red Rex, Carno, Alan Grant, and electronic Dilophosaurus).

Reaction score
While some stores have been letting these out early, today was the first official day the new Jurassic World toys, now being made by Mattel, became available worldwide.

From what I'm seeing Canada didn't receive stock like many other places. I was so happy when I called this morning and the toy associate told me they had the new Jurassic World toys. I sped over as fast as I could and sure enough, my small town Walmart appears to be one of a few in Canada that received and put them out on the sales floor. Here is what I bought:

My initial impression is that Mattel really wanted to deliver a toy kids would enjoy playing with and adults would feel nostalgic seeing. The blister packaging, the human with a baby dinosaur, the excellent head sculpt for the T-Rex with a realistic action feature, these feel like they're from the Kenner days. I think Mattel drew a lot of inspiration from what Kenner did in the 90's with Jurassic and completely ignored what Hasbro did (good riddance, glad they didn't feel the need to retain the license). I'm really looking forward to a summer of hunting down Jurassic Park toys and seeing what else Mattel does with this franchise.

Reaction score
Matchbox JP Ford Explorer & Jeep for 1.09@ from Target. Might go back for Mattel Alan Grant & Muldoon. Malcolm if they do one for sure.