Recent Acquisitions - Movie Toys & Collectibles

GNT

Reaction score
Here is a general thread to discuss your recent movie toy purchases

What have you purchased lately? Where? And what do you think of it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - NECA Edition

A few weeks, picked up Sebastian Haff (Bubba Ho-Tep) and Chucky (Child's Play 3) at the video store that usually sells stuff from NECA and McFarlane. Like the Chucky figure, but was hoping they based him on his appearance from the original movie.

Reaction score

Waiting for my V for Vendetta Dagger Replica!

Reaction score

I managed to snag the Player Select Legecy of Kain "Kain" figure at Hot Topic. Glad I did because there was only one, and I have yet to see another one.

I'm waiting on the "Hannibal Escapes" and "Kratos" from God of War 2. Both release in April.

Reaction score

My V for Vendetta action figure came today!

Reaction score

Picked up the Cherry figure from Grindhouse a couple of days ago. Very nice!

Reaction score

I'm thinking about buying the NECA Terminator Endoskeleton, what do you think about this? Is it worth the money?

Reaction score

Picked up John Lennon figure today at Spencer's.

Reaction score

I found the new Lock Shock and Barrel 3pk at Spencer's on clearance for $19.99. Definately a cool little set and I like the bath tub accessory.

Reaction score

Anyone getting the new Gremlins? They look pretty nice, guess there's a dancing plush Gizmo.

Reaction score

I bought a Lara Croft Figure recently and was playing around taking pictures of her this weekend and doing some photoshopping.

Reaction score

Since there's new product out now I thought I'd post some scores I've had:

Picked up the classic Alien-Very Nice figure.
Also got Stuntman Mike from Death Proof. This is one I've been waiting for.

Also put Beetlejuice from cult classics on hold. I'll get him soon enough.

Reaction score

Right in time to the release of the new TOMB RAIDER : UNDERWORLD game, NECA comes up with another awesome Lara figure, although it is not mentioned at their page yet.

After some scanning through the net, where I ONLY found images of a regular-clamshelled figure, I was pretty surprised to find the same figure in a nice looking window-box at the media store over here in Austria ( propably available in germany too )

Pics to follow !!!

Reaction score

My brother gave me "The Bride" from Kill Bill vol. for Christmas. Now I want to get collect the other figures of Go-Go, Elle, and Pai Mei! I do wish they made one of O-ren as well to go with "The Bride" in their duel.

She's my first NECA action figure and I still have to open it up!

Reaction score

found two Kratos God of war game figures(medusa head, and ares armour versions)-great figures from even more great game

Reaction score
Just ordered Fred and George Weasley, and Madeye from bbts, 7 inch versions.

Is there a Harry Potter thread somewhere in the cool toy review forum? Can't seem to find it. I've been getting into the movies lately (a little late, I know), and I'm trying to find out what toys where made and whether anybody collects them?

-Sune

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a couple of the Terminator Salvation Terminator exoskeleton actin figures at the local Runnings store. The figures were 3.50 each

Reaction score
Is there a Harry Potter thread somewhere in the cool toy review forum? Can't seem to find it. I've been getting into the movies lately (a little late, I know), and I'm trying to find out what toys where made and whether anybody collects them?

-Sune
You can do a search for Harry Potter - there should be at least one thread, I think it was devoted to the Popco figures.

As for what's been made, here's a quick list:

Popco: Based in the UK, they made 4" Harry Potter figures up until recently. These are very popular with good articulation and paint. They are hard to get in the US.
NECA: Based in the US, they make 6" Harry Potter figures, though I think the most recent Deathly Hallows Part 2 will be their last run. These are mostly just statues, as they have very little articulation.
The Noble Collection: Based in the US, they make Harry Potter prop replicas, trinkets, and other mid-high end collectibles.
Gentle Giant: Based in the US, they make Harry Potter busts and statues.

Those are the major ones I can think of.

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Popco HP line... those were some nice figures indeed. shame that they are so expensive and were not brought over to the US. I would have bought them all along with the playsets and deluxe sets as well.

Reaction score
I also would have bought them all if they were offered in the US. Not sure if Rowling had a thing about merchandise, but it was a huge missed opportunity to not fully support the movies with some type of toy line. Sure, they had Mattel early, but the quality and design was weak. Then NECA towards the middle and end, but those are just basically statues. Which is a shame when you know NECA can do so much better (look at their Street Fighter, Terminator, GoW, etc). Harry Potter should have had some line to dominate during the movie years...

Reaction score
I'm still finding Terminator Salvation figures at the local Runnings store here in town. They're 4.99 each or you can buy 5 for 10 bucks. They're mostly the black colored versions of the T-700s and one or two of the rotting skin T-600s

Reaction score
I never saw a 3 3/4 Iron Man 2 Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko when the movie came out, but I found one at Walmart hiding in the Avengers figures. He scanned for $5.

His whips are a little on the thick side, but he's a very nice figure overall.

Reaction score
Finally found a spring-holster Robocop(..."that's nice shottin' son, what's your name?) from NECA. Also some lesser seen Thor figs from Ollie's were I bought the 1/6th scale General Zod & Lex Luthor.

Reaction score
picked up the 8" plush Ted w/ sound from local TRU today for $15. They also had a smaller scale w/ backpack clip. Some TRU stores haven't been putting these out as the clips are Rated R, and as they were accidentally flagged for the children's section got some complaints..

Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for it but I picked up the NECA KA2 MF'er today at TRU and its pretty awesome. I'll probably get the hitgirl too but didn't get her yet.

Reaction score