Recent Acquisitions - Movie Heroes / Discover the Force

GNT

Reaction score
Please post all your recent finds from these toylines here, to help others out please make sure to include where you got the item and how much it cost :)

Reaction score
Picked up Sebulba & Anakin's Podracers and the slightly retooled Armored Assault tank this morning at Walmart. They were priced at $24.96.

Reaction score
Picked up the New Discover the Force-Clone Wars Cody and Phase 2 Clone Trooper. Awesome Figures. Saw all the Discover the Force Repackers. Passed. Saga outstretched arm Vader?! Really? And Qui Gon also coming on Vintage card? Huh? Pass

Reaction score
Those are the movie heroes figs, aren't they? Discover the force is the walmart exclusive wave that is mostly new...

Reaction score
Picked up the New Discover the Force-Clone Wars Cody and Phase 2 Clone Trooper. Awesome Figures. Saw all the Discover the Force Repackers. Passed. Saga outstretched arm Vader?! Really? And Qui Gon also coming on Vintage card? Huh? Pass
Come on Hasbro! Ever since the VC came out, they having been offering versions of figs in the VC and Legends. One word for you hasbro, VARIETY!

Reaction score
Those are the movie heroes figs, aren't they? Discover the force is the walmart exclusive wave that is mostly new...
Thats correct, but with everything having the same card, its confusing. Youll have to fan through all the cards to see what youre looking for. You cant tell from just looking from the sides. Sucks.

Reaction score
I thought the discover the force figures had a different card. It's going to be the same except for the 3d glasses?

Reaction score
Picked up the Movie Heroes Obi Wan and Qui Gon today and will most likely return these when I find the TVC versions.

They are both straight repacks with a grappling hook accessory, And Obi Wan has no "Jedi kick" feature. Packaging looks alright, but the figures are definitely a waste of slots. I left a Battle Droid and a Shock Trooper on the racks. All the other figures from this wave were already gone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up the Qui-Gon today. I'd recommend only getting it if you are trying to save money, by passing on TVC version with cloak.

Picked up at a Smyths in Dublin, Ireland.

Reaction score
I saw all of the Class 1 Vehicles at Walmart this morning. I bought the Clone Trooper with BARC Speeder for $16.97, and left the others.

Reaction score
So, these figures have officially been released to stores and if I visit a Wal-Mart or Toys R' Us I should have no problem finding some Movie Heroes figures? I thought these weren't supposed to be released until next month, I guess I was wrong....

I think I'll go check out some local Wal-Mart stores as well as my local TRU to see what I can locate, I know I want that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon pictured earlier in the thread, I also want to see if I can grab most of the initial wave in one swoop.

Reaction score
No. Officially, they are still to be released 1/30. Some (a lot of) stores are just putting out product early this time around for whatever reason.

Reaction score
Found a bunch of the 2012 toys at my local Walmart in Texas

Found wave 1 of:
1. Movie Heroes figures
2. Clone Wars figures
3. Deluxe
4. Battle Packs

All I can say is get ready for a bunch of repacks.

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome pics. They put in perspective exactly how many repacks there are. In fact, there's 3 new CW figures, and one CW Battle Pack that aren't repacks (and 3 of those are repaints), and that's IT! This is the most repacks they've EVER had for a "new line look" relaunch. Depressing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome pics. They put in perspective exactly how many repacks there are. In fact, there's 3 new CW figures, and one CW Battle Pack that aren't repacks (and 3 of those are repaints), and that's IT! This is the most repacks they've EVER had for a "new line look" relaunch. Depressing.
I totally agree the launch of this new line is a big disappointment. There is barely anything new and Hasbro's choices for the repacks are just horrible. If you look at some of the Battle Packs alone, its like Hasbro took 15 steps back and went out of their way to include some of the worst sculpted figures ever.

Reaction score
Repacks or not, people will still pick them up, because they come in a different wrapper. :\

Reaction score
all i can say is wow what a dissapointment, Trus in canada has all the wave1 MH, they raised the price by $1, and are these truly repacks or just really bad new sculpts? the MH yoda, is a disgrace. obi-wans face is just yuckkkkkkkk.

i really hope these shelf rot so maybe hasbro will take a hint andbetter the products.

i wont even buy these when there half price sale.

Reaction score
Are all the vehicles currently showing up or about to show up, repacks? Looks like they are, but I wasn't sure if any had new paint apps.

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be saving some money for a change. Too many repacks.

Reaction score
I picked up Anakin's Podracer today at another Walmart. This Walmart had two or three cases each of the Movie Heroes, Clone Wars, Battlepacks, but no TVC at all. They put out one case of vehicles.

Reaction score
Picked up an AAT and a battle droid at Wal-mart. The Clone Wars and Movie Heroes figures were sharing pegs - I think it will be even more of a problem with this packaging than with the previous packaging. In person, they blend together...

Reaction score
The Clone Wars and Movie Heroes figures were sharing pegs - I think it will be even more of a problem with this packaging than with the previous packaging. In person, they blend together...
This is exactly what I thought when I first saw the packaging in person a couple of days ago. I forsee a potentially big problem for us Clone Wars collectors when the Movie Heroes line starts to pegwarm (which it will).

Reaction score
At first I resisted buying figures from this line, but last night I found Phase II Cody, so I got him and a couple of the Phase II guys. It totaled $29!?!?! I know there's disagreement about the pricing, but that left a bad taste in my mouth. For the first time in my 17 years of collecting, I am giving some real thought to returning these figures. I'll be be going to a baby shower this weekend, and that money could go to something the mother-to-be could really use. Or I could try and hook the kid on SW really early. Are these figures better than their ROTS versions?

BTW, I found an MH Vader priced at $3.90; it rang up for $9, but the cashier insisted I pay the price on the clearance sticker. I know these guys are supposed to peg warm, but being put on clearance before the street date? lol

Reaction score
I picked up the mini-Naboo cruiser with Obi Wan yesterday at the East Windsor Wal-Mart. As someone mentioned previously, the paint apps on this Obi Wan look very nice. They also had the other mini-vehicle class as well as the Podracer vehicle class. No new figures there. I am tempted to pick up the redone AAT tank but am holding off for now.

Reaction score
Picked up the other 5 new DTF figures today as well as the Anakin/Sebulba Pack and the astromech pack.

Reaction score
Went to Walmart this morning hoping to see some DTF, but go figure there was nothing new out. No Vintage, CW, MH, anything.

Reaction score
I picked up the Royal Starship Droids Battle Pack today via Wal-Mart's Site to Store option.

Reaction score
I checked two Walmarts, but didn't come home with the Discover the Force wave. I was really looking forward to Mawhonic and Aurra Sing, even though I know pretty much no one has found them in the US yet. Pretty disappointing.

Reaction score
Received the Movie Heroes Clone Trooper & Discover the Force Gungan Warrior today for my birthday.

Reaction score
Word from Yakface is the DTF are just now shipping from Walmart DCs to stores. We should start seeing the wave by the weekend. Ive got 4 B1G1 coupons just waiting for the 6 NEW figures plus 2 extra Gungans :p