Recent Acquisitions & Local Finds -- VA/MD/DC V.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: I\'m sick of this

figures every where this morning...ellicott city had them and 2 more cases last night in Severn

Reaction score

Found bunch more figures at hanover walmart if anyone needs to know the ugh breakdown I've seen all of the cases now multiple times.....

Reaction score

well I got the only vc figure I wanted the sandtrooper severn wally world had 1 when I got there today
question thou maybe 2 the VC Anakin is that a new head and I thought it was going to be labeled as Darth Vader?

also scored MU mary jane ,skrull, 2 iron spideys and short hair winter soldier
willing the trade extra iron spidey for cap. brit., IP w/o helment, oldschool havok

Reaction score

Picked up a cool reference book today at Books-A-Million if you're into CW...DK's Star Wars The Clone Wars New Battlefronts. It covers alot of the newer season like the Mandalorian conflict & the rise of Boba Fett. Fun leafing thru the many pages imagining what figures(some already confirmed) that Hasbro will make. Looking forward to Season 3 soon!

Reaction score

just scored 2 age of thunder sdcc thor figures anybody need 1
looking for MU vision , jean grey , var havok var IP or var. winter soldier

Reaction score

Anakins going to be changed soon to Darth Vader Hasbro has already confirmed that it is changed on all future figures

Reaction score

super walmart in landsdowne on rt 1 off 695 had a ton of VC wave 1 and 2 with foil I only picked up the sandtrooper and his foil is so off centered it ain't funny but I don't care he'll be opened and joining the ranks of his brothers in arms

Reaction score

valin_horn said:
just scored 2 age of thunder sdcc thor figures anybody need 1
looking for MU vision , jean grey , var havok var IP or var. winter soldier
if u need the short hair winter soldier, hit up arundel mills walmart. they had 5+ of him, iron patriot, and iron spidey and 3 each of the skrull soldier and wrecker. no mjs.

on the sw side, at the same walmart i picked up the lego landspeeder and from vintage wave 2 foil versions of sidious and sandtrooper and regular versions of sidious, grievous, and the magna guard. no anakin there tho

Reaction score

Damn,
Someone cleaned out all the Magnaguards in my area before I had the chance to clean them out.

I did find one though, and one of each of the other new ones I wanted. Left all the foil cards though. I'm not going to be collecting them.

I did find a Mary Jane though, which was surprising.

Don't know if I should ask for help with the Magnaguards, since you guys have been finding wave 2 in bunches, and we seem to only get one case at a time around here,
or just wait until they show up at Target.

Reaction score

Found a sandtrooper and anakin at walmart last night. Most the cards were bent, but I open so no worries. No sign of magnaguards. If I find them I may pick one up for myself but I'm in no rush. Just hoping I can find another camo arf.

Reaction score

I haven't seen that camo AFR wave since I found mine. All the WalMarts at least are loaded up with the Aurra Sing wave from CW.

Reaction score

I haven't been collecting figures for a while, but the VC has kind of rekindled my interest. I was traveling over the weekend and had some great luck at the Walmart in Lexington, VA on Friday. I was able to pick up the UGH versions of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Bespin Luke, Commander Cody and the Clone Trooper. I also picked up Pre Vizsla, and later that day found Jodo Kast. I saw, but did not buy the UGH Magnaguard and Hoth Han. I think there was another I passed on but I don't remember what it was.

I stopped by the Lexington WM again today, and they still had 3-4 UGH figures. Vader, Luke, Magnaguard and Han I believe. I wish I had picked up some extras to trade, as I would really like to get the UGH Anakin and Grievous figures.

Reaction score

Well of course - after saying I wasn't going to collect the UGH Vintage figures - I find 6 of them at WM.

I grabbed an extra UGH Anakin and Sidious.

If anyone has an extra MOMC UGH Fett or Grievous - I'll happily trade you for them!

Reaction score

I scored a ROTS VC Grevious with the cloth cape. I really liked that one.

My TCW hunting has soured. WM, Target, and TRU are all pegged up with Wave1 warmers. Not sure when I will see anything new.

Reaction score
Something new

Friend of mine from chicago found the monster star wars bobble heads at target.....they're part of the halloween set.. the only walmart in the area that hasn't gotten any vinatage is columbia

Reaction score
Re: Something new

got a gijoe jungle viper, iron spidey and age of thunder thor for trade

need old school havok, norman iron patriot,long hair winter soldier

Reaction score

Got my mail away fett today, card was mashed on a corner, but its still pretty awesome.

Reaction score

I got a rocket fett today, too. Box was completely destroyed, but card wasn't too bad. They cashed my 3x checks, so may my other two are on their way.

Reaction score

mine too came destroyed but I sent away for a bunch so I'm hoping i get all of mine next week

Reaction score

My other two came today. Both destroyed mailers. Bubble crushed on one, and bubble and figure complete separated from cardback on the other. Guess I know which one I'm opening, whether I want to or not.

Reaction score
IN THE AREA

Laurel Walmart had CW wave 2; also restocked Vintage wave 1(Haven't seen Vintage wave 2 anywhere, nor Jabba's Throne at any Wally's. Has anyone seen TRU Nikto guard exclusive?

Reaction score
Re: IN THE AREA

I had ordered my nikito guard from TRU onl;ine and they both came destroyed....shipped them in a bubble Mailer. I sent to yakface a phone number for hasbro i called and complained about my boba fett condition and they gave me a better number than thier stnadard customer service. If you recived a jacked boba fett cll them and complain its the only way there going to change thier ways

Reaction score
Re: IN THE AREA

Target in columbia had the star wars monster bobble heads....thier cool for 6.99

Reaction score

vadarthdad said:
My other two came today. Both destroyed mailers. Bubble crushed on one, and bubble and figure complete separated from cardback on the other. Guess I know which one I'm opening, whether I want to or not.
I had my wife call and complain - they e-mailed her a return slip and said they would replace. How much do you bet the send the wrong Fett.

Reaction score

Just F.Y.I...Hasbro Consumer Affairs Division: 1-800-327-8264. Haven't received my lone mail-away Fett, but expecting the worst when it shows up.

Reaction score

Got 6 Bobba fetts today all but 1 was destroyed.....I'm really pissed at hasbro this time. I needed at least 2 mint. I wanted to get 1 afa graded carded and have one autographed by jeremy bulloch. I did get my 501st clone from side show and has become my new fav amongst all of the clones so far.

Reaction score

got my boba today too and par for the course it was crushed on one of the corners
and of course it was on the side away from the card so the card is all bented up
sorry all I would have traded a mint on card since I open all my stuff

Reaction score

Got my 2nd and 3rd fetts today, and they were in nice shape, mailers were a bit beat up but not mashed. Got lucky.

Reaction score

Also got 501st Sideshow clonetrooper(real nice detailing). Received my mail-away Fett today...I fared luckier than most: mailer was dented & a little smushed; card was slightly dented on upper left corner; bubble was more or less ok with one small dinge on left side. May send for 1 more...haven't decided yet. Severn SuperWally got more Vintage wave 2...no foils left.

Reaction score

South Glen Burnie Target on Crain Hwy. had the SW Halloween wacky bobbleheads. They were in the Halloween section in the back corner of the store.

Reaction score

found vader, cody, and magnaguard foils at the elicott city walmart bringing my foils total to 6 but i still cant find anakin on any of the 3 cards

Reaction score

Don't bother with Severn...one of my collector friends picked up Annie 2 days ago(leaving 2 Obi's). I'll keep an eye out for you.

Reaction score

I have a couple of extras if some one needs them same with the Rocket fetts if you dont mind there condition....gotta love hasbro. I am going to New York Wizard World next weekend if some collects Auto graphs Ahmed Best( Jar Jar) is going to be there first show ever

Reaction score

I'm really beginning to lose interest here. I haven't been on a good collecting run since Spring. I checked again today and still nothing but peg warmers. I'm getting close to calling it quits on TCW collecting and just picking up the odd figure once in a while.

Reaction score

Which ones are u missing????? I use hasbro.com for a lot any more. Justy got the two new battle packs mandalorian warriors and arc troopers....both out freakin standing!!!!!! Want multiples........pre ordered last week so that's not too bad when they were sitting by my door today

Reaction score

Yeah the new battlepacks are pretty nice. Not sure when they will ever show up at retail with all the others hogging up shelf space. Haven't seen any sign of the camo arf wave since they first showed up.

Reaction score

Well I've definitely adjusted from being a completist to just picking up the new releases. Unfortunately, alot of TCW line right now is exactly that - repacks.

But the few new figures have been outstanding. Though once you find those, there's really not much else to do (other than break your own rules!).

Its been out of boredom that I've basically given in to hunting for the Vintage UGH line, otherwise I'd have nothing to actually look for right now. (talk about consumerism at its finest!)

Reaction score

Anakin21 said:
Well I've definitely adjusted from being a completist to just picking up the new releases. Unfortunately, alot of TCW line right now is exactly that - repacks.
i almost talked myself into collecting GIJoes too
But the few new figures have been outstanding. Though once you find those, there's really not much else to do (other than break your own rules!).

Its been out of boredom that I've basically given in to hunting for the Vintage UGH line, otherwise I'd have nothing to actually look for right now. (talk about consumerism at its finest!)

Status
Not open for further replies.