Recent Acquisitions & Local Finds -- VA/MD/DC V.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: WalMart Taunts me

Glen Burnie WalMart had remnants of CW wave 2(no camo ARF) & all Vintage ceptin' Fettster. GB north Target also had all Vintage but BF. Both stores had AT-AT's out. TRU had nada except some new stuff in high-end action fig. aisle.

Reaction score

I knew that I shouldn't have skipped scumming this past weekend.

Headed over to WM at lunch. Found SA Fisto & Mace on the pegs, infact there were several of each. But no new figures to be seen. No Teth, no Yellow BD. Argh. To make matters worse, the Clone Wars pegs were now stuffed with ugly orange Legacy figures. I took home a SA fisto. I will get Mace another day.

Target and TRU were sparse and had nothing to report.

Reaction score

Received my CV swag finally(Fed-Ex should call it Slow Poke, not SmartPost) from ShopSW.com...bounty hunter switcheroo with Zuckuss/4-LOM & Cami/Fixer(with Empire comic). Not too much new at retail. Still looking for new deluxe sets with Mando speeder.

Reaction score

I got my sets from ShopSW.com yesterday as well. Still looking for Jabba, cw mangaguard and the Mando speeder too

Reaction score
New buys

Picked up a sumptious book today...Star Wars Year By Year from DK Publishing at Books A Million. Please check it out, it's awesome. Cover film production, TV, shows like CV, cartoons, collecting toys, etc. Includes 2 collectible prints(don't know if they're all the same).

Reaction score
Re: New buys

Greetings Star Wars Fans. I didn't know where to post this. So I'll post it here. Anyways, I'm informing you, that I have some Star Wars toys for sale. If you're interested. Drop me a message. Thanks guys.

Action Figures: Selling for $2.00 each:

Emperor's Royal Guard x2(From the ROTS collection)

Shadow Guards x2(Red version of the Royal Guards) Force Unleashed Collection.

Mace Windew(2007 figure)

Kit Fisto(From Target ex. Geonosis Arena)

Count Dooko(From evelotions set)

C3-P0 (Resurgence of the Jedi)

C3-P0(Custom paint app. AOTC)

K3-P0(White Protocol Droid. From the Hoth Patrol BP)

Gen. Grievous(Super Articulated from 2006)

AT-ST Driver(no helmet) Came with AT-ST Walker(Wal mart ex.)

Dagobah Luke(1995, No light saber or backpack)

Creatures:

Nexu(AOTC) $3.00

Acklay(AOTC) $8.00

Ronto(1997 creature w/ figure. No Jawa) $4.00

Kybuck(No Yoda figure(From Clone Wars Cartoon)

Vehicle

Anakan's Pod racer $8.00

Subulba's Pod Racer $8.00

Reaction score
Re: New buys

Jedi_073 said:
Greetings Star Wars Fans. I didn't know where to post this. So I'll post it here. Anyways, I'm informing you, that I have some Star Wars toys for sale. If you're interested. Drop me a message. Thanks guys.

Action Figures: Selling for $2.00 each:

Emperor's Royal Guard x2(From the ROTS collection)

Shadow Guards x2(Red version of the Royal Guards) Force Unleashed Collection.

Mace Windew(2007 figure)

Kit Fisto(From Target ex. Geonosis Arena)

Count Dooko(From evelotions set)

C3-P0 (Resurgence of the Jedi)

C3-P0(Custom paint app. AOTC)

K3-P0(White Protocol Droid. From the Hoth Patrol BP)

Gen. Grievous(Super Articulated from 2006)

AT-ST Driver(no helmet) Came with AT-ST Walker(Wal mart ex.)

Dagobah Luke(1995, No light saber or backpack)

Creatures:

Nexu(AOTC) $3.00

Acklay(AOTC) $8.00

Ronto(1997 creature w/ figure. No Jawa) $4.00

Kybuck(No Yoda figure(From Clone Wars Cartoon)

Vehicle

Anakan's Pod racer $8.00

Subulba's Pod Racer $8.00

I forgot to mention that I also have that radar lazer dish. That was used in the ballte of Hoth. It came out in the year of 1997 with a Hoth Figure. Thus I don't have the figure. I'll be selling it for $2.00. Thanks guys

Reaction score
Target is Lame

Nothing new to report.

However for those who keep an eye on GI Joe, if you could keep an eye out for 2 jungle vipers, I'd appreciate it. Some army builder has nabbed them all from my targets.

Also the next wave of MU seems to have hit target,though I didnt spot anything I know folk are looking for.

Reaction score
Re: Target is Lame

got jodo kast from the greenbelt kmart. glad i only had to go there once as kmart makes walmart look like a palace.

Reaction score
Re: Nuthin\' much new

I would have liked another Jabba's Throne to open, but $$$ is tight & they appear to have dried up at all the WalMarts near me. I can wait, though...I have to pick up Lost Final Season & there's quite a few books coming out I wait to p/u. Starting to see the snowspeeder coming back in stock at Target if anyone's still looking...Besides it & the cloud car, the other repacks seem to be shelf-warming.

Reaction score

GB TRU had the new slave 1 and I got it way big then the org. slave 1
finally from the archangle death varient too got it at the pasadena kmart of all places they had 3 jodo kast figures too
GB target and GB walmart had the marvel two packs wally world also had the 6 in mark IV but no helmet off IM figures

Reaction score

Saw the Slave1 set in Manassas today. Its neat but I really only want the droid and he aint worth $100. Didnt see anything else new. However target had an AOTC Tusken Raider mom and kid. It was marked $2 so I picked it up for the interesting aspect of where its been all these years.

Reaction score

valin_horn said:
GB TRU had the new slave 1 and I got it way big then the org. slave 1
finally from the archangle death varient too got it at the pasadena kmart of all places they had 3 jodo kast figures too
GB target and GB walmart had the marvel two packs wally world also had the 6 in mark IV but no helmet off IM figures
Went by the TRU in GB this morning... all gone. Had one of the girls check the system. No more in stock there or any of the MD stores.

Reaction score

Easy pass for me...only want the Slave 1 in ESB colors(which we all know will be an inevitability)...sure don't want another Jedi starfighter(geez). Somebody I know found chase figs. & Vinatge wave 2 at Catonsville TRU. I'm waiting since I don't want to give Hasbro $10 for repacks, even though the cards are the allure.

Reaction score

Anyone found the GH Purchase of the Droids or Kamino Showdown yet?

Reaction score

not a chance TRU is getting my 10 per wave 2 vintage figure I only want the sandtrooper anyway and that is just to get the new gun RT-97c

Reaction score

The Columbia TRU is moving to a new location in October. They are liquidating their stock and everything is marked down 20% (basically now the same price at Walmart/Target). Thought I would give everyone a heads up.

Reaction score

but isn't it woth the 10.00 if you find them just to be done with them?????? you can spend the diffrence just looking for them in gas and my time is worth more than 2.00 a figure.......

Reaction score

Well considering they haven't been all that hard to find - and we all know WM and Target will get these later Vintage waves in decent quantities (particularly with Xmas coming up) - seems to me better to just wait.

Of course - the scarcity of Boba Fett has been a little odd - but that'll change.

Now if you're buying into the whole UGH thing again - then maybe its worth it. I did back during the SAGA line - but not this time. Just not worth the headache. If I find them, I find them. But no more daily morning runs just for those things.

Reaction score

I'm going to chime in agreement with Anakin 21...the current Vintage wave 2 is horrendous(the Palpatine laughable), and not IMO worth $10 plus tax. I'm on a budget for collecting like many folks, and these guys just ain't worth it...maybe if they were NEW characters, etc. The cards are neat for me(I'm essentially NOT an opener), but not 10 bucks worth of neat by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not going super nuts on UGH foil, either. Frankly, I'm more excited by CW...since at least they're tackling new characters besides reinserting Plo, Mace, etc. And yes, Boba was hard to find at 1st, but he's in the next several assortments.

Reaction score

I really want a couple of Magnaguards, so if I see them,
I'll pick them up.
I can always return them later on if I find them cheaper at Target.

I've learned to just get things when I find them, because I may never see them again.
And to save ALL receipts.
I do alot of returning, and price adjustments.

Reaction score

Flacksguy said:
I've learned to just get things when I find them, because I may never see them again.
Definitely some truth to that Flacks - though surprisingly during the last line that seemed to apply more to the CW figures than anything else. I have a sneaking suspicion the same will hold true this time around as well.

Like jedisquared said - the new figures being tackled in the CW line (which - IMHO are pretty cool!) always seem to be somewhat harder to find than the other characters in other lines. Though even now, the initially harder to find figures (Pre Viz for example) seem much easier to find than initially so.

And I really do think Vintage will be pretty easy to pick up on average (UGH aside). I remember being able to get nearly the entire previous Vintage lines on clearance at Target near season's end. Granted, they were pricer, and were clam cased, but I suspect the same will be true for most figures from that line.

Of course - I may be proven totally wrong - in which case I'll be scrambling for trades!

Reaction score

...and we're here to hopefully help each other(likes & dislikes aside). I didn't see anything new at WalMart or Target. Glen Burnie TRU had 1XRise of Boba Fett priced at 109.99(pass), Legacy of the Dark Side 2-packs(double pass at 18.00 @ plus tax-ah nooo!), new Hasbro SpeedStar sets...and more interesting-ESB mugs & Tins.

Reaction score

I picked up the Rise of Boba Fett Set from glen burnie toys.....really nice set to have. I did pass on the the TRU 2 packs theres nothing new about them. Walmart in severn did have 2 jabbas about 1800 too if anyone still needs one of them.

Reaction score

Saw the legacy 2 packs down in fredericksburg today. Neat, but $18 is way too pricey for repacked figures. though would be nice to have an opener precyborg grevious.

Reaction score

if any one is looking for the Rise of Fet Battle pack it's instock at TRU.com and has free shipping

Reaction score
I\'m sick of this

Went by WalMart and I see that nothing has changed in the past week.

The pegs are now clogged with all of the Legacy figures in new packaging that didn't move in their old packaging. The new Clone Wars figures moved quickly and not the repacks from that line are clogging the remaining pegs. I don't even know when I will see new figures now.

Plus the Deluxe Clone Wars figures are now $16.97 at WM.

Not good.

Reaction score
Re: I\'m sick of this

You clearly have more discretionary income than me, Jedi 073, to shell out $10 plus tax...when Target & WalMart will have them for 7.49 soon. This wave is just unexciting to me for some reason.

Reaction score

Thanks for heads up. Picked up the last Jabba at the Severn Walmart.

Reaction score

I've see the wave in person and its awsome.....but if you find them at toysrus or walmart/ target whats the diffrence????? I know you hit all the same stores i do in the area and with the exception of the severn super walmart no one is going to get theses figures any time soon all of the pegs are filling up quick. I would rather find them and price adjust them at toys...which they will do then to pass and wait for them.

Reaction score

also picked a few of the vintage wave 2 at the Toysrus in Annapolis- clone trooper, Sidious, and Sandtrooper. Looks like sandtrooper has new gun?

Reaction score

olpc1701 said:
with the exception of the severn super walmart no one is going to get theses figures any time soon all of the pegs are filling up quick.
Here in NoVA the situation seems a little different. Most of the stores I frequent have sold through Wave 1 of the Vintage, but are clogged up with Legacy and CW repacks. And they've all be great at not putting Legacy & CW figures on pegs reserved for Vintage. So you see 8+ pegs nearly empty, next to 12+ pegs of overstuffed Legacy/CW figures.

So if anything, the newer product around my area is likely to be Wave 2 Vintage. All the more reason to just wait it out IMHO.

Im with you jedisquared - pricing is definitely a big factor for me this season (and was last season as well).

Reaction score

jedisquared said:
You clearly have more discretionary income than me, Jedi 073, to shell out $10 plus tax...when Target & WalMart will have them for 7.49 soon. This wave is just unexciting to me for some reason.

Discount helps too, since I work there.

Reaction score

Well super walmart in severn got multiple cases of the figures....no other walmart hit them all this morning...laurel, hannovere and columbia....someone else got most of the foils but I did get a few

Reaction score

Ellicott city walmart and traget nothing....same with catonsville wal mart too

Reaction score

Sorry olpc...early bird gets the worm. Yes, I scored all of Vintage wave 2 in foil plus Boba Fett from wave 1(left Solo, Luke & Vader). Also had multiples of non-UGH wave 2. Received my Sideshow 12" Emperor Palpatine today as well...so it was a good SW day overall.

Reaction score

Going to try to hit Severn today. Still looking for
VC13: Anakin Skywalker, VC17: General Grievous (with Cape*)
and VC18: MagnaGuard from wave.

Reaction score

its all good thats why collecting is fun.....but I would never rub it in another collectors face though... i guess thats the diffrence...I'll find them all eventually nothing is not obtainable. I'm just super excited i found them!!!

Reaction score

No rub meant or intended(hopefully not taken that way). My luck hasn't been too hot til today...I guess I was allowing myself a small gloat. I frequent that WalMart almost every day...it's about the only place I can hit before work. From what I'm reading at other sites...WalMart has started putting out cases of wave 2 at many sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.