Recent Acquisitions & Local Finds -- VA/MD/DC V.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Local News

Thanks got the Ahsoka's fighter last night at Glen Burnie and now just hunting for (CAT droid) tank.

Reaction score

Visited TRU in Gaithersburg last night. The seemed to have pulled old stuff from the stock. They had two STAP Attack battle packs and a few Wompa Attacks (Hoth Patrol) BPs and a pair of B-Wings. They even dug out the Lars homestead and put it on clearance for $29.

They still have plenty of Ponds and rest of the figures are decently stocked. They currently have the buy 2 get one free.

Reaction score

Was in CT on business and decided to stop at a local WM. Found the elusive non-skirted Hoth Rebel Trooper!

Reaction score

Found CAT droids and Ashokas fighter at the Chantilly Target. Still looking for TPM bad wave.

Reaction score

Got my Y-WING in the mail today from target. Also picked up the cat droid at the Glen Burnie ToysRus

Reaction score

TPM wave is up on HTS right now.
Picked up the whole wave plus a couple extra Gungans.

Reaction score

Picked up Mist Hunter & rebel transport Titaniums at Severn WalMart. They had both Evolutions & Oct. droid exclusive in clearance aisle near household(weird). Both had slight reduced red stickers. Expanded an island in Toys all for CW...had both series Ambush & Rookies 2-packs; also had new BP's cheaper than TRU_Bubble turret & Vulture's Claw.

Reaction score

Picked up new DK CW Visual Dict. on Great Battles(covers all of season 1 & part of season 2) at Books A Million. Neat HC for 19.95...really shows alot of potential future action figs.

Reaction score

South Glen Burnie Target had 1 Republic fighter tank, 2XWedge X-wings on encap. North GB Target had 1XAhsoka's fighter. Still haven't see new comic packs...anywhere.

Reaction score

North G. Burnie WalMart had exc. Oct droid on endcap marked $35, yet Severn Wally has in in clearance aisle with a $30 sticker???

Reaction score

Annapolis Target has both the CAT droid and Ahsoka's Starfighter on the self (1 each). Severn Walmart has the TPM Wave this AM (1 each).

Reaction score

Visited TRU in Rockville this am. They have the free Ponds w/ $30 purchase and Deluxe figures on sale for $13. I picked up a BARC speeder w/501st trooper. Not much else. The clone manual looked interesting, might get that later.

Also hit Target in Rio. They also had the CAT droid. I didn't see Ahsoka's fighter, but then again, I didn't dig too deep.

Reaction score

Scored the CW Capt. Argyus wave at Balt. WalMart. My friend found same wave at Glen Burnie WalMart & his friend found the wave at Rt. 1 Wally in Arbutus...so they're hitting. Laurel Wally had a Cad Bane if anyone still needs.

Reaction score

Got the Phantom Menace wave that I ordered from HTS today, and yesterday I ordered the ROTJ wave.

Reaction score

I ordered on Monday - the ROTJ wave (minus Nunb) he was not in stock at time, cw wave with Capt. Argyus, and new speeders. Got the box today.

Reaction score

How are you guys that ordering from HTS finding the condition of the figures (cards, bubbles, etc.)?

Im considering just ordering from there to save time hunting, but am nervous, that as a MOMC type, I'll spend the money and get damaged cards.

Reaction score

Personally I've never had an issue with ordering from HTS. You do take chances though that a card might get bent a bit, or a paint job isn't perfect.

Reaction score

I pretty much always get mint cards from them, but I think it's just dumb luck.
They make no effort to pack the figures carefully. They just throw them in the box with a couple of air bags.

Actually, there are times I didn't even get the air bags.

Reaction score

Laurel Target had Corp. Alliance snail tank on the shelf, Wedge A. X-Wing on endcap. Columbia Target had Cad Bane if anyone still needs; Columbia TRU pretty much had a whole section of Cdmr. Ponds spread out. They also had the Mattel toys from James Cameron's Avatar out on an endcap. May p/u the AMP suit eventually.

Reaction score

I have pretty good luck with Hasbro as well, but I agree that don't go out of their way in the way that they pack the boxes.

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback on HTS guys - appreciate it!

Reaction score

Managed to get the Galactic Heroes Obi-Wan RotS Starfighter today at Columbia Target. So they are out there folks!

Reaction score

Anakin21 said:
How are you guys that ordering from HTS finding the condition of the figures (cards, bubbles, etc.)?

Im considering just ordering from there to save time hunting, but am nervous, that as a MOMC type, I'll spend the money and get damaged cards.
Well you can always but the better card at another store and then return the more damaged one.

Reaction score

Target Gaithersburg had the latest Clone Wars wave, on cammo Tank Battle Droid was left by the time I got there.

Reaction score

Yeah, I just missed out in Germantown. I picked up a Carded Thire (His paint app is slightly different than the 2pack one) but the rest was gone. They also had the TPM legacy figures. I picked up the biker scout.

Reaction score

the severn super walmart has the y-wing. they also clearanced the evo packs a little more. from 24.96 to 24.00.

Reaction score

Severn Super WalMart still had one CW Y-wing, series 2 cloner two-packs restocked. Both north & south Glen Burnie Targets had republic fighter tank & corp. alliance tank droid; south GB Target had new GH ship sets(Ep. III, etc)) Glen Burnie TRY had 2X Ambush On Vulture's Claw BP's, Imp. V-wing, no new figs.

Reaction score

Picked up the Geo. exclusive two-packs at Laurel Target using the DPCI#. The guy mentioned not being able to put them out till 10/11...until I reminded him Target.com has been selling them(and selling out); then he renigged.

Reaction score

if any one finds a Slave leai let me know. Im doing a show in 2 weeks with carrie fisher and I have to get this figure signed. If some one finds one let me know Ill buy it off you and get one signed for you.

Reaction score

I am beginning to think that Gaithersburg Target will not be stocking the Legacy BAD figures. It has been well over 2 months since they had anything at all. And nothing new in well over that.

Reaction score

TRU in Seven Corners had the Whorm Loathsom CW wave fully stocked this past weekend. Figures they re-stock in a big way just after the sale.

Hadn't seen that wave until now - which is odd considering the Cad Bane wave (which is numbered later) has been hitting pretty heavy.

Still havent seen any new Legacy figures. Most stores still have pegs labelled for them (which is encouraging), and have Legends and CW figures segregated into their own separately labelled pegs. Can't even say there's alot of old Legacy pegwarmers left - looks to me like either distribution is lagging or stores ordered Legacy late.

Reaction score

Both Glen Burnie & Columbia TRU had new gunship out(with drop doors & 2 new launcers) for $69. Columbia Target had CW Capt. Arguys wave; only AAT driver droid left.

Reaction score

Forgot to post that my order of the ROTJ wave from HTS came last Thursday, plus I ordered the Comic Packs from them last night.
Also got my Wal-Mart Darktrooper sets in the mail from another scummer and today
there were 3 Qui-Gonn/Eopie sets waiting for me when I got home.

Reaction score

Well got home to day and noticed that my wife had put the peices of my new darktrooper in the trash. Now I can not find them. Luck I am getting a complete on from Flacks.

Reaction score

They have some of the new legacy wave at Target and Walmart yesterday. Purple Padme at both, Rum, Clegg, and TPM Obi.

I currently hunting for Matchstick and a Ahsoka fighter for my daughter. (why let the boy have all the fun?).

My 3yr old managed to bite/snap the missles on ObiWan's fighter and put a good bite mark into the Kashyye Trooper's face mask. Thanks kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.