Recent Acquisitions & Local Finds -- VA/MD/DC V.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recent Acquisitions & Local Finds -- VA/MD/DC V.8

Starting this up since the previous thread reached its limit. Continued from here.

I've come across the Transformer Mighty Muggs at the Glen Burnie K-Mart and the Annapolis TRU. K-Mart had a full set of Wave 1 and TRU just had Megatron I believe.

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions & Local Finds -- VA/MD/DC V.8

Well, I made the schlep over to Target at Rt29 & Cherry Hill. I didn't see any AT-TE Assault packs there. I then headed over to the Target at Wheaton Plaza. They didn't have them there either, but they did have $8.79 price tags. (ouch). I forget at which, but I did see a V-Wing which I don't usually see, plug the small Tie-Fighter (not like the big $40 one at TRU).

While over at Silver Spring, I stopped by the Kohls just to see if they had anything there. They sometimes have old figures, and I'm hoping to score a few "dirty" clones if possible. When I went there and the only had Yarnas an Evk [sic] figures for $10. There was a ripped open Asoka package littering the rack. Not sure what it is about Kohls, but I usually find the pilfered packs there.

Saw a Red Shock Trooper Mighty Mug at Target in Wheaton. I don't collect muggs, but that one did look sharp.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
... figures for $10... Not sure what it is about Kohls, but I usually find the pilfered packs there.
I think you answered your own question.

Baileys X Rds TRU had nothing new - but did have a good selection of figures on the pegs.

Still looking for that most recent Legends wave. If only the 1000+ Yarnas Ive seen warming the pegs would sell...

Reaction score

I've seen nothing new in a couple weeks around here... No Wave 5 at Target, or WM. I saw remanents of a spacetrooper from W5 at TRU last week, but found it odd that he was the only one there. I also saw remanents of the elusive Snowtrooper wave there, too, but who knows which revision of the case they had and if it had a snowtrooper or not.

Reaction score

WM had 2 cases of Wave 5 this AM on the pegs. Bought 1 Luke/Han/Space/Jawa and left everything else.

Reaction score

vadarthdad said:
WM had 2 cases of Wave 5 this AM on the pegs. Bought 1 Luke/Han/Space/Jawa and left everything else.
Found 1 of everything but a Jawa this evening. Most the filler figures seem to be gone as well, wioslea, braniac and an obiwan are left.

Also at another WM there are close to a dozen A-Wings down to $15. I picked up a 2nd to custom paint. If anyone wants to know where, or needs help getting one send me a message. Also if anyone needs arvel crynrd, I now have an extra.

Reaction score

I'm short one A-Wing Pilot....
PM Sent your way CdtWeasel.

Reaction score

Columbia Target had newest Titanium wave.

Reaction score

Thanks to VAdarthdad I was able to get my jawa, also picked up a few troopbuilders.

Reaction score

Glen Burnie WalMart(finally!) had newest Legacy figures out on an endcap this am when I was grocery shoppin'(none in section). All were there, and I saw at least two spacetroopers.

Reaction score

Annapolis TRU had new Titaniums. Also, if you ever frequent Five Below(SevernaPark, also one in Arundel Mills Mall)..they had some cool Tin Box Star Wars lunch boxes(no Thermos) for $5. Also Saw McFarlane & 24 figures, as well as Spiderwick Chronicles figs(where did these come from?) for $5 each.

Reaction score

Found remnants of the new Legacy wave today at WM. Picked up all of the Cantina aliens - but no sign of the others.

Reaction score
Germantown

Well, if anyone needs a SpaceTrooper, Walmart in Germantown has about six of them at $7.49. They must have just restocked. Lots of figures from that Wave. Luke, Han, OBI, Cantina, etc... Pegs are full. Recon Speeder BPs are gone, but they still have two Hoth BPs and a Falcon Training BP.

I went to Target also, nothing significant there. They did however have about seven CW Clones on one peg, which is kinda rare. Sarlacc pits UBPs have been price cut down to ~$54. no thanks. Vehicles are still $19.99 at this Target. I guess they didn't get the memo.

Reaction score
Re: Germantown

Found the new comic packs at Target. Bothan Spy/Wedge, Hett/Mundi, and the Luke comic pack.

Reaction score

I have been staring hard at the Faie / Vos comic pack. I'm not a comic collector, but they look like good toys.

Reaction score

Was able to complete the new Legacy wave at WM and TRU at Fairlakes today. Found the Han, Luke and Ben figures at WM, and the Jawa and Space Trooper at TRU. Plenty of Cantina aliens at WM. TRU looks like it only had 1 case.

Reaction score

Found the new comics in Manassas today, picked up the Wedge and Mundi, left the Luke/Deena.

Reaction score

I got the walmart comic packs after i went out to Germantown, by my job. Cause lord knows Columbia wal-mart doenst believe in stocking wal-mart exclusives. (go figure)

I also found the borsk/wedge luke/deena and hett/mundi packs at columbia target.

Reaction score
Local sightings

Arundel Mills WalMart in Hanover had all of latest Legacy wave except spacetrooper; also had remnants of Titaniums(but no hyperspace ring/starfighter), Funko bobbleheads exclusives & exc. comic two-packs(all 3).

Reaction score
Re: Local sightings

Noticed that Target's prices are coming down. Target in Springfield had basics at $7.49 - and the one in Baileys Crossroads lowered the price from $8.89 to $8.49.

Im hoping $7.49 becomes the norm. Ive made it a point to shop at TRU and WM over Target these last few months.

Reaction score

They were gone Sunday when I did my weekly grocery run. I also saw more Legacy(all except Jawa & of course the spacetrooper.

Reaction score

Well some good news.

I went to Walmart and Target here in Germantown. The price at target is now $7.49 for figures. It had jumped up to $7.99. Both stores were freshly stocked with Figures. I was able to pick up a X-Wing Luke and a Snowtrooper (finally) from Target. WM was out of BPs, so I'm hoping that some AT-TE BPs get stocked soon. Target still has vehicles for $19. Today they had A-Wing, Spider Droids, and ATTs. The only BP at Target was the Monastery BP. (and the Sarlacc UBP).

TRU in Gaithersburg was the same as always. They had a lot of figures. Most of the good ones were CW, the TLC stuff is getting down to just Pegwarmers. They still have the same BPs as before (Hoth Patrol and Clone pack) for $40. They are down to just two big Tie-Fighters now. I'm getting itchy that maybe I should have gotten one. They also have B-Wings, AT-TE, and a BMF. A full retail prices.

One thing that I noticed was that the latest CW wave was sparse. No Goldies, Magnaguards, 212th, or Space Clones. Plenty of Rex, Codys, OBWan, Anikens, and Clones. This was true at all three locations.

Still, it was good to see the price drop at Target.

Reaction score

Severn SuperWalMart had all Legacy, including multiples of WED droid/Jawa & Spacetrooper. Also had new Titaniums: I p/u'ed IG-2000, Z-95 Headhunter & BARC speeder w/CW ARF trooper. Also had snowspeeder GH set. South Glen Burnie Target also had aforementioned Titaniums.

Reaction score

Saw the new comic packs at Baileys X Rds TRU - passed for now.

Target lowered basics to $8.04

Reaction score

Friday, grabbed the Clone wars AT TE Battle pack. Also came home to the EE joker squad ( bday gift from the MRS.)

Reaction score

Didnt see much new stuff over the weekend.

Though I did see the new "collector" marbles at TRU.

Reaction score
Pay Dirt

Well, it finally happened when I least expected it. Pay Dirt.

There were only two Saga Figures that I really wanted that I didn't have. The Scuba Trooper and the Heavy Gunner Trooper. I had seen a pair of the HG Clones at TRU the very first week that I started to "scum". I was already stuffing my basket, so I passed on him with the anticipation that I would get him later down the road. Little did I know that would be the only time I would see him (and Commander Gree) on the pegs. Until today.

I went to WalMart in Germantown for the first time in a week. I had read here that TRU was having ships and BPs on sale for $15. So I decided to patrol again. So I hit the Target and WM here first. Well the WalMart was freshly stocked and post pegs were outright over crowded. I checked the BPs and sure enough there were two AT-TE BPs there. The price is up there, so I decide to hold off until my trip to TRU tomorrow.

Well, I start to go over the pegs and I am finding the usual suspects. Then I see it, the Scuba tank! I have only seen pics of the Scuba trooper and never one on a peg. Further searching revealed a Heavy Gunner Trooper. Wow. I had been considering ordering these online, but held off. The best part was that they have new BAD parts in them too.

I wanted to build the red R2-L3 droid, but I didn't really care for the Cantina collection. But I got an Old Ben, Wiolesa Alien, and these troopers and the Red R2 is complete.

I headed over to Target and they had the regular fare. Nothing to report there except a lot of plain clean clones, Sarlacc UBPs, Monastery BPs, and a few vehicles.

Reaction score
Re: Pay Dirt

My WM must have gotten the same case assortments as yours Cyclone, because they were jam packed also, and I noticed the return of the Scuba Trooper.

Picked up 2 AT-TE Assault Squads BP's from TRU for 14.99 a piece. A great deal, hopefully they get more in before the sale expires.
I may try and find a TRU ad, and take it to WM and see if they'll match it.

Reaction score

Well it keeps getting better. I found wave4 cw figures at tru in Gaithersburg. Picked up Fisto, jar jar, and 41st clone. I left a space battle droid on the peg, don't want to spend too much. They had a 40% off sign for BPs and vehiles, but the selection stunk. The CW 4 figures didn't register at the register (he he). I knew what was going on, they weren't supposed to be on the pegs yet. I played dumb and said that all the figures were $7.99. So it was rung up.
BTW: Large Tie-Fighters are gone now.

I then went to tru in Rockville. There I got a AT-TE BP for $14.95. They didn't have any CW4 figures there, but they still have a BMF.

Good week

Reaction score

...and I found CW wave 4 at around the same time as you posted at a local Wal-Mart.
Same thing, only one of each. I picked up only the Battle Droid and Jar Jar. May go back later to get the 41st to trade.

Also got 5 Clone Pilots in the mail from that guy in Hong Kong. ended up costing 5 dollars a piece shipped.

Reaction score

North GB Target had Legacy(inc. spacetrooper & jawa), Glen B. TRU had AT-TE BP's 40% off.

Reaction score

Found another set of the new CW figures at TRU this morning, minus Kit Fisto. Picked up the Jar Jar, Battle Droid and 41st plus 4 vehicles at the sale price.
I figure the vehicles will make good gifts.

Went back to get the Kit Fisto that I left at Wal-Mart yesterday, will probably put it up for trade.

Reaction score

Nothing at TRU, WM's, or Targets around me. Went to TRU 3 times this week looking for the 40% off AT-TE BP and they never had any....

Reaction score

if anyone sees the wedge/boorsk comic pack around let me know. it is the last one of the wave i need. thanks.

Reaction score

A collector friend of mine found the new CW wave at TRU Annapolis...said they only had the 4.

Reaction score
Monday Patrol

Based on talk I heard about a Target Sale, I went out scumming today on a Rare Monday adventure.

I had been reading about people getting Ultimate Battle Packs on clearance from Target. Since that Christophis UBP keeps popping up at the Rio Target, I figured that I would take a look. I ran down there and of course they do not have it now. Not only that, but the Sarlacc UBP isn't even on sale. They did however have a sale on figures and vehicles. Too bad they don't have any good figures on the pegs.

I then ran back up to Germantown. I stopped by Walmart First out of habit. They still have the other AT-TE that I didn't buy and some Falcon BPs, 3x. They have a decent stock of figures, but not much from Wave 4, and the they didn't have many vehicles.

I then went over to the Target in Germantown. There they have the figures on sale ($6.99), vehicles too. They have a pretty good stock of figures and I saw my 2nd Darth Maul here. I had to get that guy off of eBay a month ago figuring that I wouldn't see him again. They had comics on sale too for $10. I nearly bit on the Vos/Faie pack, but tempered my impulse.

Cyclone

Reaction score
Local stuff

Target continues with their sale(thru Sat): Unleashed BP's for 9.99(keep 'em), reg. BP's for 16.99(too bad Jabba & Yavin Scramble aren't out right now; they'd make a killing), etc. Glen Burnie TRU had new GH: Padme, Jar Jar, Luminara/Super BD & cloner/dwarf spider droid(these look pretty good). Also had BF II droid sets(a lost cause), GH snowspeeder cinema scene back in stock, CW two-packs(pegwarming) & the usual Legacy wave 1 hold-outs. They also had alot of new Gears of War, Halo(McFarlane) & Wolverine 3.75 I hadn't seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.