Recent Acquisitions - LEGO Edition

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - Lego Edition!

I bought the Clone and Battle Droid packs today at Wal-Mart for 9.99 each. These are very cool, I hope they keep making packs like these.

Reaction score

Picked up a clone battlepack and a droid battlepack. These are the first sets I have purchased in a long time. Definetly worth picking up!!!

Reaction score

Got the clone and droid battle packs, really happy now. All caught up on Lego sets for this year.

Reaction score

Picked up the AT-ST yesterday at a local TRU, but passed on the Y-Wing and the Greivous Starfighter. I did not see the Landing Craft or the two Battlepacks. I think the Imperial Landing craft is the only other set I'll be getting from what has been released for early '07.

Reaction score

Picked up 3 Clone Trooper sets today @ Wal-Mart.

Reaction score

They are in Western Canada. All of them were at TRU today.

Reaction score

Nothing really new, but I was able to pick up a B-wing set at the local Goodwill for $8, completely sealed.

Reaction score

Just Bought 3 A-wings for Christmas for little brother.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Wouldn't that make them AAA-Wings then?

Jeremy

Reaction score

Picked up a driod pack, an imp landing craft, an at-st, and 4 clone packs at my local Target. Got the last of all but driod pack which had 2 boxes left one of which was opened.

Reaction score

Got a Clone Battle Pack, passed on the many battle droid packs.

Reaction score

Lego Pens are at Costco for $13 CAD.

Reaction score

Didnt buy it...but I found Greivous Space cruiser at TRU today...

Reaction score

I found the ILC, Y-Wing, and GG Fighter last week at TRU. They had a great deal of 20% off everything if you opened a TRU/Chase credit card. My son is getting the GG Fighter for Christmas so I've had to keep the other two under wraps until after the big day to keep in totally in the dark...he's such a sneak.

I'm hoping my wife takes the hint and gets me either the Slave 1 or Jabba Barge for Christmas. There was really nothing else I wanted.

Reaction score

For Xmas, I just received the T.I.E fighter collection. Pretty awesome set, and the droid drone is cool. What EU is that thing from?

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I want to say it was from the video game Rebel Assault II or one of the books, but I'm not even convincing myself.

Jeremy

Reaction score

When all else fails, hit the databank. Looks like the TIE/D first appeared in the Dark Empire comic series.

Jeremy, I think the ships in Rebel Assault II were different than that. *goes to find a pic* Ah yes, I found it. The TIE Phantom !!

Reaction score

On a flook, my wife and I hit the only TRU in Wichita Saturday morning.

To my surprise, they had 3 of the new AT-STs.

I was about to pass it up, since I'm waiting for KB to get them and use up my gift cards, but ended up picking up one of them that my wife plans to give me for Christmas.

That and the UCS AT-ST were about the only Star Wars LEGO sets they had.

Looked around and did see shelf labels for the new Y-Wing and Imp. Landing Craft, but none were available.

The other day I ordered the new Y-Wing from TRU's website and used Google Checkout to save $10.

Unfortunately, the next day I received an email from TRU saying my order was cancelled because the set wasn't in stock.

Oh well, guess I'll wait till KB gets everything and go nuts with my gift cards.

Reaction score

I went into the TRU at Grossmont on a whim since I had to go to the Ralphs there anyway and lo and behold, there were some of the new Legos!
So I picked up a clone and battle droid pack even though I already ordered 2 each off Shop@Home.
Passed on the Y-Wing and Landing Craft for now...

Reaction score

Hello,

Just got the UCS Y-Wing for Chrismas...

Back to building...

Edit: Got it together in one day (about six hours). Looks awsome. Can't wait to get my next big set.

Reaction score

Got the Jabba Bargefrom my wife. I've only had 1 hr to put it together so I'm only up to the 3rd ir 4th page.

Man am I slow.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I got it yesterday too It took me 2.5 hours for the entire set. Keep going!

Jeremy

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
I got it yesterday too It took me 2.5 hours for the entire set. Keep going!

Jeremy
Holy crap, you speed demon!

I flipped on one of the LOTR movies last night while I was putting it together and still only managed to get up to step 34 where you start putting together the upper deck.

My problem is that I don't dump out all the pieces onto the floor.

Anyhoo, I was hunting around for the battle packs yesterday and noticed that everyone is just wiped out of Lego stock. I think it's great that kids are still enjoying sets and not just us adults buying them all up for ourselves.

Reaction score

I picked up the Slave I set (6209). Have not put it together yet but the mini figs are great !

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Mandalorian_Candidat said:
I had no distractions and an ipod on. Plus it was my way of having some peace and quiet on Xmas day. My family know not to disturb me when I'm building LEGO.

Jeremy

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
Mandalorian_Candidat said:
I had no distractions and an ipod on. Plus it was my way of having some peace and quiet on Xmas day. My family know not to disturb me when I'm building LEGO.

Jeremy
Well, as I mentioned before, I got the new AT-ST for Christmas from my wife.

The next day, I started building it while eating my morning cereal on the dining room table.

Then my sister-in-law woke up and we chatted, then her two daughters woke up and I had to retreat to my bedroom.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a clean retreat because the older niece of mine, 5 years old, followed me and attempted to help me build.

Finally managed to put it together, only to have the older niece knock off one of the two chin canons.

The next day took it to my Mom's to rescue it before something turned up missing.

Just finished putting together the Sandcrawler this morning.

It's pretty cool but the floor is kind of flimsy since it's made of plates stuck together with other plates that don't hold to well.

Also, the front body doesn't attach to the base to well, so it seems to come loose when applying to much pressure to the front area.

In other words, it's a neat playset, but not something you want to carry around or swoosh.

Keep it on level floor, not a bed (like I did, which is why the floor plates started to come apart) or carpet.

Still, it is an impressive set.

Now I'm working on another Christmas present, the UCS Batmobile.

Reaction score

We did Christmas with my wife's family today - I finally got a B-Wing.
My nephews got Vladek's Dark Fortress that their dad found for $25 on clearance at a Target.

Reaction score

Just went to Target North here in Wichita and found all of the Star Wars 2007 sets except for GG's Starfighter.

They had a couple Imp. Landing Crafts and Y-Wings. There were probably 3-4 AT-STs, about 6 Droid Battlepacks and about 4 Clonetrooper battle packs.

I picked up one of each Battlepack and found the Exo-Force Sentry set for $3.25, and bought that too.

It looks like they got some new stock because they had the SD, Jabba's SB and Aqua sets (with a neat little Aqua display) in stock.

The only Batman set was the UCS Batmobile.

I still have a $70 rain check for the SD, not sure if I'll use it or see if I can get it cheap later on. Not really big on that set for some reason.

Reaction score

I just got the Sail Barge for christmas from my fiancee and it is awesome, was nice to get some Lego for christmas as always but I must urge people to be on their guard as certain sellers on Ebay have been knocking people. We bought a Lego Death star from someone and it looks like it might not turn up.

Reaction score

tk470 said:
Hello,

Just got the UCS Y-Wing for Chrismas...

Back to building...

Edit: Got it together in one day (about six hours). Looks awsome. Can't wait to get my next big set.

Man...THat Y-WING is FREAKIN' SWEET...I might have to get that...

But I still need Slave I...

Reaction score

i recently got both battle packs and if you count non star wars legos i got one of the new matoran and barrahki

Reaction score

Went to my Target and, due to a computer error, was able to get another AT-ST for $13, a pair of battle packs for $6 each and another Imp Landing Craft for $34!!!!!

Reaction score

I walked into Target tonight, intending only to buy cat litter. Of course, I have to check the toy aisle while I'm there. I walked out with cat litter and the ISD. I used my rain check from November. They didn't have any new sets, but they must have had 25 Interceptors.

Reaction score

Picked up a Clone battle pack, Droid battle pack and a V-Wing at Target last night.

Snags

Reaction score

Oh boy, I finally blew my Christmas wad. I bought 4 clone packs, 2 Droid packs, and the Imperial Landing craft. And I also received a Cloud Car in the mail. Whew!

Reaction score

Found the new Y-Wing yesterday and the AT-ST today. This has been a good week for Lego

Reaction score

Looks like some new stuff is hitting, great news.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

A friend in California mailed me a box of goodies the other day, including 4 new LEGO t-shirts, the LEGO Eggo waffles promotional box, the 4 Kohl's exclusive LEGO Writing sets and a 2004 LEGO catalogue from Japan.

Jeremy

Reaction score

Picked up 2 Exo-Force Grand Titans (1 for me, one for my nephew) and 1 King's Siege Tower from Shop @ Home for 50% off each.

Both are listed under the "Sales and Deals" link.

Including S&H, it was $30, so about $10 a set, which isn't to bad.