Recent Acquisitions - LEGO Edition

Reaction score
75211 Imperial TIE Fighter

My first LEGO purchase in a long time. I got it during the Double VIP Event and since I spent enough I also got the Mudtrooper Han and Minifigure Frame for free.
welcome back to the fold, and well done. It's a cracking set.

when you've built it feel free to share your opinion in the set's dedicated thread because it's always good to know what other folks' experiences are.

Reaction score
Oh I already have lol.

You most have some connections in high places. I imagine you can't divulge how you got your hands on it so early?
Do you see my forum profile pic/avatar? It means my LEGO Brand Store passport is a diplomatic one, and i get to use the embassy mail pouch.

Which means it's 100% legit and in no way sketchy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
welcome back to the fold, and well done. It's a cracking set.

when you've built it feel free to share your opinion in the set's dedicated thread because it's always good to know what other folks' experiences are.
Thanks. It's good to be back in with the LEGO crew. I cannot explain my absence, probably to many cool Jurassic World toys to buy over the summer. :grin:

I've actually sold a few LEGO sets to try and streamline my collection to focus mainly on the OT era. One of the sets I sold was 9492 TIE Fighter to make way for this new one. I have not built it yet, but judging by the pictures on the box it years ahead of 9492 (which even at the time looked outdated IMO).

Next up will be the new X-Wing (I have 9493 X-Wing for sale if anyone is interested) and then if I can afford it the UCS Falcon. B)

Reaction score
Do you see my forum profile pic/avatar? It means my LEGO Brand Store passport is a diplomatic one, and i get to use the embassy mail pouch.

Which means it's 100% legit and in no way sketchy.

No I did not and nor would it matter because I am not privy to benefits of being such. Frankly I was being factious. It was not my intent to imply that you acquired the set unscrupulously and sorry if you took it that way.

Reaction score
It was not my intent to imply that you acquired the set unscrupulously and sorry if you took it that way.
No, not at all. I'm just running with it :D

The idea of LEGO ambassadors having a diplomatic bag that they can send LEGO to each other around the world sounds too good to be true!

Today's purchases - the Falcon (no minifigs) I traded for two bicycle services, and the MicroFighters I picked up for less than the sticker price. I also got Frog Rush, one of the old LEGO Games sets. I'm thinking of collecting those now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up 75218 X-Wing Starfighter today. Wasn't planning on getting it so soon, but it was on Rollback at Walmart ($79.99 instead of $99.99). I'm a sucker for VIP Points and usually go through the LEGO Shop, but for $20 off I couldn't say no.

Reaction score
Got an Old Republic Striker Starfighter in a Facebook lot for $10. It was missing the cannons and a few other parts, but came with the minifigs, droid, box and instructions. It also had the minifigs and droids for the 9493 X-Wing, a complete Mixel, the Avengers Ultron set with Hawkeye and Thor missing two small pieces, a complete Creator car set, and two sealed bags from the City 3368 Space Centre set. I was only able to spot parts for the Starfighter, Jace Malcolm and Porkins in the pictures, so I got pretty lucky.

Reaction score
Thanks Pqweeduk.

Enjoy! Its great fun. Remember to hydrate .
Haha I'll remember that. May hold off on building it until I have a coffee table for it to go into. But I've also seen some custom stands to put it an angle, like it's in flight, and they look awesome as well! So I'm not sure what direction to go.

Reaction score
There are a few options out there and they all look great.
I've got a custom made Brickstuff light kit for the Falcon I'm going to be reviewing soon.

I also have the light kit for the BB-8 model too. Watch out for that article. I'm also hoping to get an S-brick to fit into BB-8 and make him RC.

Reaction score
Latest - spotted a LEGO garage sale at a random last night and picked this up for US$40/AU$50. A steal!

Reaction score
Got a spot award at work this week and used some of the dough to get the Hogwarts Express at Target with their current $10 gift card promo for purchases over $50. Only one of the three Targets by me had them in stock. Also picked up the TIE poly at Walmart last night.

Reaction score
At my town dump, there is a trailer where people can drop off good, usable stuff they just don't want anymore. A couple weeks ago, I dropped something off, just as a guy was coming in with a whole bunch of Lego sets! All kinds of themes, like Minecraft and some Lego City stuff. I saw this, and decided it needed to come home with me.

It was pretty much all assembled, but there were few bits missing. I contacted Lego and asked about purchasing the missing pieces, but the rep said they would send them to me for FREE! They arrived yesterday, and now it's all complete.

Reaction score
^ very cool, and kudos to you for leaving sets behind for others to enjoy!

Received today - 40262 Christmas Train Ride from the supermarket and LEGO employee Xmas gift from Julemanden.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WOW, that Employee set looks really cool. Any idea what is actually inside? Is it a bunch of basic bricks, or is it a kit to be assembled?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Never knew there were Overwatch sets, hadn't seen them here.

At my town dump, there is a trailer where people can drop off good, usable stuff they just don't want anymore. A couple weeks ago, I dropped something off, just as a guy was coming in with a whole bunch of Lego sets! All kinds of themes, like Minecraft and some Lego City stuff. I saw this, and decided it needed to come home with me.
Strange place for toys though, as opposed to say goodwill or the like. I can see dropping off furniture/bulky items. But I wouldn't ever thought of putting toys or other smaller household items in the dump.

Reaction score
Not sure which section this belongs in. Went to Target this morning PURELY on a whim and ended up getting the advent calendar(s) for $11 each!

Reaction score
Got the newest TIE and some keychains to get the polybag box (the one in the front page article) and reindeer ornament promos just now. The cashier mentioned they'd keep giving the polybag box out until they ran out, even with the promo period ending today. It didn't look like they lasted all that long online. I also got the Conveyex at Target last week. We'll have plenty to build on Christmas Day!

Reaction score
The cashier mentioned they'd keep giving the polybag box out until they ran out, even with the promo period ending today.
Wait, they brand stores have them? I thought it was online only.

If you are only interested in the minifigs and don't plan on keeping the box could you let me know please?

Reaction score
Wait, they brand stores have them? I thought it was online only.

If you are only interested in the minifigs and don't plan on keeping the box could you let me know please?
I'll be keeping it to store my polybagged minifigs, but here are some pictures if that's what you were looking for. It's super flimsy.

Reaction score
No LEGO for me on Christmas morning (I did get a new camera specifically to take better pics of my LEGO so that kind of counts) but my son got the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Son's birthday was on the 26th (aka Boxing Day) and he got the Boost set.

Reaction score
I saw the new smaller SW Lego sets at Barnes and Noble yesterday, and the Lego 2 stuff at Wal-Mart today. God, I wish Hasbro operated like Lego. Jan 1st, like f-ing clockwork!

Reaction score
picked up the Porg set for $56 and the Cantina set for $17 at local Walmart. Almost all of the star wars sets were on clearance. Snokes thrown room was also $56 but I passed on that.

Reaction score
Son's birthday was on the 26th (aka Boxing Day) and he got the Boost set.
I was thinking about buying that set, but I'm not sure if my six year old son is focused enough to learn how to use it. Just picked up the lego movie 2 spacemen set and emmet's garage

Reaction score
Picked up 3 Lego Movie 2 minifigures. Haven't opened them yet, but I'm excited for the movie.

Reaction score
The following have just arrived today!

- 4476: Jabba's Prize

I ended up purchasing this one second, but it is the first one I have opened just to make sure that the box is in 'mint' condition. It was worth the premium. The reason why I got this one was because I wanted to focus on Boba Fett while I re-re-built my Star Wars collection. But due to rarity, etc. I think the next one will be my last Return of the Jedi set for the time being.

- 9496: Desert Skiff

This was purchased first because the seller is awesome! They photograph the actual item, bag it so there is no (additional) damage done to it, and securely pack it so you get it the way it is shown. Plus seeing how it is the third (of four) versions, I did not pay that much of a premium (if any). But I do see it as the definite version that I want for my graded LEGO collection.

I cannot wait to have these submitted to AFA (or CAS) for grading!

Plus there was also one additional package. But it is not LEGO related, and has me feel surprised that item arrived unscathed despite the way the box looked. :disgusted:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The following have just arrived today!

- 4476: Jabba's Prize

I ended up purchasing this one second, but it is the first one I have opened just to make sure that the box is in 'mint' condition. It was worth the premium. The reason why I got this one was because I wanted to focus on Boba Fett while I re-re-built my Star Wars collection. But due to rarity, etc. I think the next one will be my last Return of the Jedi set for the time being.

- 9496: Desert Skiff

This was purchased first because the seller is awesome! They photograph the actual item, bag it so there is no (additional) damage done to it, and securely pack it so you get it the way it is shown. Plus seeing how it is the third (of four) versions, I did not pay that much of a premium (if any). But I do see it as the definite version that I want for my graded LEGO collection.

I cannot wait to have these submitted to AFA (or CAS) for grading!

Plus there was also one additional package. But it is not LEGO related, and has me feel surprised that item arrived unscathed despite the way the box looked. :disgusted:
You're submitting Lego for grading?