Recent Acquisitions - LEGO Edition

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - Lego Edition!

Just added two more Stormtroopers to my army of 62, thanks to bricklink!

Reaction score

Went to the New York Toyfair abnd got given the Vwing at the Lego press party along with a Exo force and Bionicle and some other bits.

Then picked up review copies of the turbo tank, Arc and Ben V Grevios sets from my mate in NJ.

Vwing is rather nice actualy.

Saw the Boba Fetts Slave one in TRU Times sqare buut realised I was outta room unfortunatly !!

Am sure will find one in the UK some time soon.

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - LEGO Edition!

I now have these sets

6205 V-Wing Fighter (118 pcs)
6206 Tie Interceptor (212 pcs)
6207 A-Wing Fighter (194 pcs)
6208 B-Wing Fighter (435 pcs)
6209 Slave I (537 pcs)
7142 X-Wing
7250 Clone Scout Walker (108 pcs)
7251 Darth Vader Transformation (53 pcs)
7252 Droid Tri-Fighter (148 pcs)
7255 General Grievous Chase (111 pcs)
7256 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter & Vulture Droid (202 pcs)
7263 TIE Fighter w/ Vader (159 pcs)

Reaction score

Just finished my sandcrawler and got the UCS blockade runner of ebay,should take me a few hours.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I've got ton of sets to build - the entire ROTS line, the sandcrawler, Falcon rev 1, a Mindstorms and a handful of Technics sets. Then I've got to photograph them all and sort the LEGO photo archives out. By then they should be 95% uptodate (missing one Mindstorms and early UCS sets). After that I'll be photographing the displays I've been buying, framing my three proof samples and beginning a hunt for a Japanese promo flyer and the 199 Toy Fair Invitation.

Sorry, that was entirely off topic.

Jeremy

Reaction score

As soon as I get the money order this weekend I will be *officially* purchasing an AT-TE.

Reaction score

I had a huge surprise the other day at a store called Outlet World Liquidators. They had 2 Cloud City lego sets for $39.99 each. My friend and I each picked one up. This was really odd because I have been there numerous times and the only Star Wars items they ever had were some model kits and the Episode I kids meal toys but that was years ago. I had been putting this off for a long time mainly because of the shipping amount most people on ebay charge for it. I'm hoping that the Ultimate Collector Series Snowspeeder shows up here since that is the only other Lego I need but I'm not holding my breath.

GNT

Reaction score

Any recent Lego purchases?

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Yep! I posted this in another thread (because I couldn't find this one, so kudos to you GNT):

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
This September I took a trip from the UK to California and did a LOT of shopping. I took all the baggies out of the boxes and carried them home with me. I knew I couldn't put the boxes in my suitcase so I mailed them (via surface) back. I expected a 5 to 7 week wait - they arrived today just one day short of 6 weeks. I am ecstactic

Top to bottom:

10174 - Imperial AT-ST (UCS)
shelf talker (1999)
6210 - Jabba's Sail Barge
6211 - Star Destroyer
vinyl banner (1999)
10019 - Rebel Blockade Runner (UCS)
10018 - Darth Maul bust (UCS)
MINI set POS

Jeremy

[/QUOTE]

I have also just picked up a stack of 2004-2006 catalogs with Star Wars pages, the 2002 MINI TIE Fighter in the LEGO mail-away box and a 6 foot tall Darth Vader banner all from eBay. I also picked up the 6212 X-Wing Fighter from TRU a couple of weeks ago for Xmas. (from me to me).

All in all it's been a good couple of months

Reaction score

Picked up a couple V-Wings from TRU when they were on sale for $6.99.

Bought them for the two boys of a friend of mine, since they're kind of getting into LEGO sets.

Reaction score

Not as exciting to you guys, but I finally got my hands on the SW Tie Interceptor for my son on sale ($14.99). I didn't want to pay almost $20 for it. Missed all the previous sales and then couldn't find it at all in the local stores, and started to panic. He's also getting Jabba's Sail Barge for Christmas from his grandmother. He saw me looking at the pics here for the new sets and is already harassing me to know when they are going to be out. lol

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Great! Another convert to LEGo. Get your son on the forums right away!

Jeremy

Reaction score

I purchased an ARC-170 and an Imperial Inspection set recently. I'm STILL kicking myself that I didn't get to Target last Black Friday to buy a Falcon...

I also bought a ExoForce Sonic Phantom recently - reminds me of a podracer.

Reaction score

I went to a nearby Target during lunch and they were out of SDs. Not really interested in getting the ship, but got a rain check just in case.

At this store, they had the UCS Batmobile as a substitution priced at $54.56.

In the big Target book a few weeks back, there was a $10 off coupon for the UCS Batmobile that expires today.

After talking to a couple people and waiting for them to get a response from other people they were talking to on their walkie-talkies, it turns out you can use the $10 off coupon and still get the "substitution" price.

That means I picked up a UCS Batmobile for $46.56, which is over 30% off.

Reaction score

My wife really likes the holiday train so we will be ordering that soon. Since she gets that I can get something too, mabe a sandcrawler...

Reaction score

I received me clone trooper army (3 Ep3 troops) and my Zidane, as seen here , as well as a couple more V-wings that were on sale at Target for $6.99.

Reaction score

Got the Death Star for $240 shipped (KB Toys), CTT for around $70 (Amazon) and B-Wing ($25), V-Wing ($7) and TIE Interceptor ($14) all from TRU.com.

I am bummed I forgot about Meijer's BOGOF Black Friday deal. After waiting outside Circuit City since 2am and then going to Best Buy and Target (out of the fortress), my brain stopped working at 9.

Reaction score

Around 9 or so I went to TRU on Black Friday and they were wiped out.

There were about 3-4 of the Wild Hunters pack. Ended up with two of those, one for me, one for my nephew.

While walking along in the line, ran across the Typhoon Vs. T-Rex set. Since I already got one of those, didn't pick it up.

I was wanting to get the other Dino Attack set, tank thing Vs. T-Rex, but didn't see any of those.

My wife and I use Discover cards to pay for almost everything to build up our Cash Back bonus.

As it turns out, KB is a Cash Back partner, for every $20 turned in, you can get $25 KB gift card.

Ended up using $80 of my wife's cash back bonus to get two $50 KB gift cards and ordered the Sandcrawler from them with free shipping.

Granted KB had there's marked up to $160 rather than $140 at TRU and Shop @ Home, I wouldn't have bought the set if I actually had to pay for all of it.

Since the KB gift cards were "extra", I didn't mind picking it up, especially with free shipping (saved about $9) and no sales tax (saved about $12).

EDIT: Got the Sandcrawler last night (11/28/06). Unfortunately, didn't have time to start building but did open the box. Probably take it over to my Mom's to build since I have a couple nieces that would demolish the thing if I were to build at home.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I just received a batch of LEGO promo postcards today, bringing my total up to 29 with only - to the best of my knowledge - five more to go (which are Snowspeeder, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, Landspeeder, Jedi Starfighter/Jango Fett's Slave and Super Battle Droid). If anyone can help please PM me or post here.

Jeremy

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
I just received a batch of LEGO promo postcards today, bringing my total up to 29 with only - to the best of my knowledge - five more to go (which are Snowspeeder, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, Landspeeder, Jedi Starfighter/Jango Fett's Slave and Super Battle Droid). If anyone can help please PM me or post here.

Jeremy
pm'd

Reaction score

Went to my local Building 19 1/2 a real sketchy liquidator and found the ISD star destroyer set...for 1/2 the msrp price...box was beat up but perfect for opening!!!...made my day!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have just added the following to my LEGO collection via eBay:

LEGO Star Wars II Promo Poster (A2 glossy)

Dutch Shop@Home catalogue (Winter 2003)

Jeremy

Reaction score

just picked up the tru exclusive xwing with the 6 figures, and since i was there i figured id pick up the awing as well for half the price, man those sets are very hard to find. btw the xwing is amazing !!!!

Reaction score

Here's a good one: I picked up two 7111 Droid Fighters from a seller over on Bricklink. These shelfwarmed for years at KBToys and then when I wanted one, they were gone. It's interesting to see the difference in the build between this set and the ROTS version.

Reaction score

ya i agree, the next set i want to get is the b wing, I just started collecting again , I think that its amazing the detail that these ships have , considering that they are made out of blocks.good find by the way!

Reaction score

Finally got the new Destroyer (6211), X-Wing (6212), AT-ST UCS and Batmobile thanks to TRU's BOGO sale.

Reaction score

I picked up the General Grievous Starfighter and AT-ST sets today at my local TRU store in Downers Grove (suburb of Chicago). It was the only 2 sets they had out so far, so keep your eyes open!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks for the report - this si the first I've heard of it at retail (and if there was a post further up the list I apologise for not keeping up)

I got the AT-ST, Gen Grievous fighter, Y-Wing, Imperial Landing Craft and...

THE TWO BATTLEPACKS!

Thanks to Steve at LEGO for his generous contribution to our photo archives (which I promise to get up to speed in the new year).

Jeremy

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
Thanks for the report - this si the first I've heard of it at retail (and if there was a post further up the list I apologise for not keeping up)

I got the AT-ST, Gen Grievous fighter, Y-Wing, Imperial Landing Craft and...

THE TWO BATTLEPACKS!

Thanks to Steve at LEGO for his generous contribution to our photo archives (which I promise to get up to speed in the new year).

Jeremy
Got any pics to go along with the sets?

In particular, I'm curious about the color of the SBDs in the Droid Battle Pack.

Just called the only TRU in Wichita, KS and their line was busy.

Maybe to many LEGO collectors are calling them to see if any of the Star Wars '07 line is out.

I have $50 in KB gift cards I'm planning on using to pick up some of the '07 line once KB actually starts offering them.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

batsamd said:
Got any pics to go along with the sets?

In particular, I'm curious about the color of the SBDs in the Droid Battle Pack.
I'm working on box scans right now, and then I'll build the sets. I'll be photo'ing over the weekend, around my hectic tiling schedule (new bathroom donchaknow).

From what I've seen on the packaging the SBDs are a pearly mid-grey. I would say metallic instead of pearly but that would suggest that they are vac-metaled. So when I say pearly I mean that the lustre is the same as the old SBDs, but instead of blue-grey they are mid-grey. Am I making sense?

I'll need help naming the clones so I'll post those pics in the forums early, before I add them to the archives.

Jeremy

Reaction score

I found (and purchased) the 2007 LEGO (System) AT-ST at the Madison, WI TRU. They did not have anything else from 2007 LEGO Star Wars collection. In fact, the LEGO Star Wars section was totally empty. They had a few UCS AT-STs and Slave I on a nearby endcap, but that was it...

Reaction score

Picked up a trio of the LEGO Clone battlepacks and a single Droid battlepack at a local Walmart... the clones are quite cool.

Reaction score

grendel_prime said:
Picked up a trio of the LEGO Clone battlepacks and a single Droid battlepack at a local Walmart... the clones are quite cool.
Shouldn't these be at Lego.com now? I was waiting for them to list the battlepacks so I could buy a few, and now the y-wing is on backorder so I won't be getting that...

Reaction score

Picked up a Droid Escape (finally, a C-3P0 for my collection), a MISB Gungan Patrol and a MISB 7180 B-Wing fighter from a seller in the modern classifieds forum. I asked for the new B-Wing for Christmas, so hopefully I will be able to make a side by side comparison.

Reaction score

Picked up a Clone Battle Pack as well as a Battle Droid Battle Pack today at TRU.