Recent Acquisitions - Legacy Edition

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions - TLC Edition

darthconlan said:
GNT said:
Picked up the Watto droid factory 2pack, seems like the best in the bunch imo.
GNT, Were these found in Australia or from the web? If in Oz what stores mate?
At retail and at Kmart as part of the toy sale, just under the $20 mark each. Plenty around so shouldn't be hard to find.

Reaction score

GNT said:
darthconlan said:
GNT said:
Picked up the Watto droid factory 2pack, seems like the best in the bunch imo.
GNT, Were these found in Australia or from the web? If in Oz what stores mate?
Cheers I will have a look around Melbourne and see.

At retail and at Kmart as part of the toy sale, just under the $20 mark each. Plenty around so shouldn't be hard to find.

Reaction score

How's the articulation on the Ep 1 and Ep 3 Padme's in that Evo set? From the pictures, the arm articulation looks really good, but I'm assuming the rest is just salt shaker articulation.

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
How's the articulation on the Ep 1 and Ep 3 Padme's in that Evo set? From the pictures, the arm articulation looks really good, but I'm assuming the rest is just salt shaker articulation.
There are useless legs and feet under the skirts on both of those Padmes. So essentially, saltshaker bottom.

Reaction score

CaptainYoda said:
Trooper31 said:
There are useless legs and feet under the skirts on both of those Padmes. So essentially, saltshaker bottom.
Thamks for the info. Too bad because salt shaker figs don't really fit into the Evo concept. I figured they'd be like that.

I think Hasbro got tired of the requests for Padme figures and decided to take three basic figures and throw them together in an Evo set to make the Padme collectors happy.

I plan on getting this set for the Arena Padme, but the other two will either be trade bait or custom fodder.

Reaction score

Did the ROTS Padme come with the white clothe birth/nightgown? If so do you have a picture with it on?

Reaction score

Oola said:
Did the ROTS Padme come with the white clothe birth/nightgown? If so do you have a picture with it on?
In the accessories there was a white gown and a head covering. I did not take pictures with either. The white gown looked like a Princess Leia gown.

Reaction score

Acc. to front page, someone found TLC figs already. But WHAT did they find? TFU EVO Trooper, TFU battle-damaged Vader, & some other Vader. So, the re-packs begin already! Gonna be a lot this Fall, I WON'T be buyin'!!!

Reaction score

CaptainYoda said:
Here are some pics:

Sorry about the wait, and not great photography...
I picked up this set, as well as Rebel Pilot Evolutions, Rebel Pilot Evolutions Series 2, Imperial Pilot Evolutions, and Fett Legacy with variant paint apps on Boba showing symbol on chest over the holiday weekend.

Although I don't open mine, I like the Ep II Padme the best. I do think that the face apps on all three are very nicely done.

Oh, and although I've seen them numerous times I haven't bought any of the Droid Factory sets. I was very disappointed with the sculpts that were used on most all of the Astromech Droids. I am of the mindset that if you have the definitive sculpt for a type of action figure, it should be used on all future releases after that. Anything less is Hasbro trying to save a buck, and in the age of figure prices the way they are, that is simply not okay with me.

To me, the definitive Astromech Droid is the one with the head that can rotate and raise/lower the third leg. I think only one of these sets uses that sculpt (the Watto one?) and therefore if I do end up buying any of them it will only be that one.

Reaction score

urbnns69 said:
I picked up this set, as well as Rebel Pilot Evolutions, Rebel Pilot Evolutions Series 2, Imperial Pilot Evolutions, and Fett Legacy with variant paint apps on Boba showing symbol on chest over the holiday weekend.

Can you post some pics of the Rebel Pilots Series 2 set? So far, no one has posted any pics of the Series 2 set, so your's would be a first. By the way, can you tell us where you picked up the Rebel Pilots Series 2 set?

Thanks,

John

Reaction score

RebelTrooper said:
urbnns69 said:

Can you post some pics of the Rebel Pilots Series 2 set? So far, no one has posted any pics of the Series 2 set, so your's would be a first. By the way, can you tell us where you picked up the Rebel Pilots Series 2 set?

Thanks,

John
I will post pictures of all tomorrow.

I cannot identify the retailer at this time because I have a feeling they could get in trouble. I think they were in their system by error and that error has now been corrected.

Reaction score

Sounds good, urbnss69! Thanks for the info and looking forward to the pics.

I am curious, though, without specifically identifying which retailer you bought them from, was it one of the biggies(Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Kay-Bee, Kmart), or was it some smaller retailer outlet? Regardless, it looks like these will be available on July 26th.

John

Reaction score

It was one of the biggies.

Reaction score

Wow, a find indeed. So all those will be out for the 26th, huh?

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
I'm guessing yes based on things I saw over the weekend!

Reaction score

I picked up the Fisto DF set. Overall I am disappointed that they chose that version of Kit to put in the 2 pack. The droid is great though.

Reaction score

Yeah, I just picked that set up. $35, though. I was excited. There were a couple of disappointments:

1. Biggs is kitbashed. Old OTC TIE Pilot legs (no SA)
2. Biggs' helmet is awkward to say the least
3. ROTS Clone legs haven't changed
4. ROTS Clone helmet is a little awkward
5. AOTC Clone is a simple repaint

For all of you who are thinking about it, wait until it hits normal retail...

Reaction score

Great pics!! Thanks for posting and the info.

Reaction score

urbnns69 said:
Captain_Piet said:
I'm guessing yes based on things I saw over the weekend!
Cool. But ouch (as in - my wallet is hurting.)

Reaction score

You know the only figure I was remotely interested in was the Biggs, however I am shall we say a little less thrilled seeing it close up now.

They have cheaped out on this set and the Padme set by the sounds of it. Not acceptable Hasbro.

Reaction score

Thanks for the pics guys... the Padme set looks beautiful. I'm sure I'll get at least two, maybe three. There could be some fantastic custom fodder there.

The Imperial set looks terrible other than the ROTS style pilot...

Reaction score

aackbar01 said:
Yeah, I just picked that set up. $35, though. I was excited. There were a couple of disappointments:

I found them at retail!

I noticed that the Clone Pilot (Ep II) was a repaint of the one previously released in the Clone Evolutions set. The Clone Pilot from Ep III was disappointing as it has no ankle articulation.

The cream of the crop here is definitely the Padme set in my opinion!

Reaction score

I actually sort of like the AOTC pilot. Don't know why.

Reaction score

Any chance of a close-up look at the Farlander B-Wing figure? It looks very vintagey.

Reaction score

Wow, I already knew the Imp pilot set was craptastic, but I had no idea just how craptastic it would be! None of those figures live up to the high Evolutions standard. The ep.III clone is just the previous one w/ a new head and what looks like the Tycho/A-wing pilot's arms.

What really frightens me is the Biggs/TIE pilot. That's just the OTC TIE pilot body w/ a new head and the same Tycho arms. There's a new TIE pilot floating around on the rumor lists, and now I'm worried it's gonna be based on this figure. Yikes.

Reaction score

urbnns69 said:
aackbar01 said:

I found them at retail!

I noticed that the Clone Pilot (Ep II) was a repaint of the one previously released in the Clone Evolutions set. The Clone Pilot from Ep III was disappointing as it has no ankle articulation.

The cream of the crop here is definitely the Padme set in my opinion!
What retail chain were these found at? I'm a little confused about all of these scattered reports!!! Walmarts will NOT let any of these items sell at the registers, and Targets are too strict to get these from the backroom.

Reaction score

Scored a BMF today at retail!!!! Details in the BMF thread.

Reaction score

Has anyone found more TAC figures repackaged on Legacy cards? On the front page yesterday there were photos of some Force Unleashed figures on Legacy cards. Is there a list somewhere of which TAC figures are being re-carded?

Reaction score

I think there's a check list coming that will show what all is expected - particularly for July 26th. But beyond that information has been spotty.

Check the thread index and checklist thread for notes on what we know so far.

'78

Reaction score

Picked up the other three Build-a-figure sets at Walmart that I needed.

Reaction score

I hit a couple Wal-marts looking for GIJoe (no luck) but I did find the new Legacy Evolutions packs on the shelf at Englewood. Unfortunately they would not ring up and the computer said NO SALE, so the cashier confiscated them saying they were recalled (duh). Long story short, I couldn't buy them.

On my way back to work I thought I probably could have gotten them if I had taken up an old evo pack to the self check out and scanned that three times, left it there and took my shiny new ones. I probably could have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for the pesky kids and their mean customer service rep!

Now I wonder if they will send them back to hasbro thinking they are recalled lol.

Reaction score

I want to know why Kesin Ommis has a Tash. I am sorry but even though I am getting both Rebel Pilot EVO sets, I was a little bit disappointed with Kesin Ommis. It looks more like Biggs Darklighter with cowl.

Reaction score

scored a BMF today. Also found the clone wars lightsabers and Cloud car wave of titaniums but Wamart had then set to do not sell

Reaction score

Bosski said:
What retail chain were these found at? I'm a little confused about all of these scattered reports!!! Walmarts will NOT let any of these items sell at the registers, and Targets are too strict to get these from the backroom.
I wouldn't be surprised if urbnns69 got them at the Wal-mart on I-25 and 136th street in Wesminster, Colorado.

Reaction score

I got the set on Amazon. I've got a Rebel Pilot pack #2 coming still.
Yeah, way to go Hasbro.

Still, anybody finding anything at local Target stores? That is the closest place to me.