Recent Acquisitions - Indiana Jones Edition

Reaction score
Wow! You carved all of the background? AND all of the tiny chalices?

there is a few tricks i used, little army men with clay added here and there, and a lot of time sculpting the rest. The Chalices are made up of gold,silver bead parts from Michaels craft store. It took some time, but well worth it.

Reaction score
Awesome diorama! B)

I'm slowly but surely catching up with Indiana Jones Lego. Ordered the Chauchilla Cemetery set tonight!

Reaction score
i recieved my Hot Toys indiana jones 1/6 figure. AMAZING. i love it so much. i dont understand what people are saying about the sculpt not looking like ford. its pretty unjustified, it looks alot like him. the clothes are the fit of the pants and everything is spot on, and at times it looks like a real person. just incredible.

Reaction score
Glad to hear you like him! As you said, there has been so much negativity aimed at this figure. I think it is pretty amazing myself and certainly the best 1/6 Indy available.

Reaction score
I have a Sideshow Indiana Jones Raiders of the lost Ark PF statue coming to me this week. Cost me only $212.00. I'm so excited. It's my 40 b-day present to myself. :D

Reaction score
Glad to hear you like him! As you said, there has been so much negativity aimed at this figure. I think it is pretty amazing myself and certainly the best 1/6 Indy available.

i agree, its the best indy and i think the sculpt is pretty fantastic, especially considering how tough it is to get fords likness right. but HT did a tremndous job. you should check out the HT indy thread in the 1/6 forum, i posted a ton of pics of this guy. just plain awsome!

Reaction score
I have to say, I was never a big fan of that Indy PF. That position he's in is just so...awkward. :wtf:

The likeness on all of Sideshow's Indy PF's have been spot-on, though.

Reaction score
i have been jumpstarting my collection recently. i had a bunch of IJ figures a year or so ago, but i sold alot of stuff, and now i regret selling much of it, so not only did i manage to get everything back, but also that super rare SDCC raiders lost wave. thanks to some people on sideshow forums, i was able to get alot out of the way. i also recieved my ark, but i did a bit of customizing to it last night. one thing that really bugged me for the longest time was that the hasbro Ark doesnt come with those long wooden handles like in the movie. i got fed up and created my own. i dont think it turned out half bad. here are come crappy pics from my ipod cam, im much happier with it now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reaction score
Thats a nice crate update, This is a great scene from Radiers that i'm hoping to build soon,(but till then),
I've got two more weeks till the toy show here where i'll be displaying some indy pieces and then I've also been invited by our public library to display some diorama's for the month of May. I'd really like to get a nice picture of the crate opening with all the lighting and spirits to work from so i don't have to stop the dvd player all the time. Anyone have a good link?

Reaction score
I'd really like to get a nice picture of the crate opening with all the lighting and spirits to work from so i don't have to stop the dvd player all the time.
Have you tried playing the DVD on your computer and getting a screenprint of the scene you want?

Reaction score
Have you tried playing the DVD on your computer and getting a screenprint of the scene you want?
nope never tried that, I'll put that in the option box. As for the raider.net site it doesn't have the full scene of what i need, great site though.

Reaction score
started a new indy dio this week, here is what i've drummed up so far.

still a long way from being done but it's a start.
i'm open for suggestions

Reaction score
Nice start Reeses'! There are a couple good pics of this scene in the Rinzler Making of Indy book. You probably already have it but if not, I can bring it to the show this weekend for you to look at for ideas.

Reaction score
bring it, whats the cover of the book look like anyways?
It is gold with indy's head and the ark dig pic in the background. It's same size as the making of star wars books. I just got my soft cover shipped for under $30. Ebay type "making of indiana jones" and it will pop up.

Reaction score
yup i have that book, good stuff in there.
I don't think it is as good as the Star Wars books though. Have you read it yet? It is awefully repetative. It narrates each of Lucas, Spielberg, Kasdan, etc. perspectives which is cool, but it narrates their perspectives on the SAME meetings they all had. I only read the first part and it got a little over-played. Maybe it gets better. Still I bought it for the great pictures for dio reference, the informative behind the scenes reading is just extra, added bonus. I still think there could have been more pictures of sets and props, like the Star Wars ones. Seems like a lot of the pictures are of Lucas, Spielberg, Kasdan on set - not the sets themselves.

Reaction score
started a new indy dio this week, here is what i've drummed up so far.

still a long way from being done but it's a start.
i'm open for suggestions
One thing you can do, if you wanted the actual "opening of the ark" scene, is to attach bright lights to everyone like they did on set. You would have to get small lights that don't have much back on them, either that or drill holes in the figures and hide the backs of the lights in the figures. Just a suggestion.

Reaction score
Got what I considered a decent price on:

Colonel Vogel - $12
Elsa Schneider - $10

Found them loose with their accessories at C2E2 a few hours ago. Definitely beat the $18 for Elsa carded, and $15 for Vogel carded. As of today, my Last Crusade collection is now complete.

Reaction score
This came out looking great! Walls look perfect. The starting fog effect and how it has the various colors really sells it. Have you thought of putting a single light IN the Ark to make it glow? I think that would put it over the top.

Reaction score
Just got mutt and motorcycle deluxe pack and the motorcyle is brilliant, but whats with the lame mutt the bodys not bad then you go up to the head and its awful the non removable glasses are just wrong.

Reaction score
Opened my SDCC Raiders set yesterday. Love them all, except for the Indy in German disguise. The headsculpt (the hair, in particular) is terrible, and he 100% should have included a cap.

Reaction score

My most recent addition to the ol' Indy collection! Now, just to track down the rest of the map room playset!

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes, i also months ago got the SDCC set, man i think i love the figures pretty much. i dont mind the german disguise indy but at the same time he has an accurate styled boots and belt and everything and i really like the headsculpt and the bazooka. but its still weak compared to the others in the set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's not hard to believe.A few years ago I got a lot from eBay with a buy it now for 100 buck.the lot included all carded Indy as German soldier,Toht,Swordsman.I won an auction for the basic Indy Carded for 65 bucks as well.

Reaction score
I'm still looking for the SDCC set. I'd be fine with just Toht.

I did score an awesome Spalko sketch card this last week done by one of my favorite artists. So it's been a good week!

Last edited: