Recent Acquisitions - Han Solo Movie (2018)

Reaction score
My area now has a Ross store, so I stopped in to track down the red A-Wing - not a single one...but I did pick up a Quay figure. I'll either customize it or put it up for trade.

Reaction score
I'm an on again/ off again collector, but I was christmas shopping at my local Burlington and picked up the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon for $22.99, two Tie Fighters for $9.99, Kanan's Y-Wing Scout Bomber for $6.99, and the Solo 4 pack of figures from $7.99. They had Rey's Speeder for $6.99 as well, but left it. Later on, found plenty of the Solo figures at my two Five Below stores. Got three of the First Order Officers for $3.75 each. I love that figure. Picked up a red A-Wing at a Ross later that day as well. I forget how much I paid, but not much. I may go back and get another of the A-Wings. They had four or five of them sitting there.

Reaction score
I'm an on again/ off again collector, but I was christmas shopping at my local Burlington and picked up the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon for $22.99, two Tie Fighters for $9.99, Kanan's Y-Wing Scout Bomber for $6.99, and the Solo 4 pack of figures from $7.99. They had Rey's Speeder for $6.99 as well, but left it. Later on, found plenty of the Solo figures at my two Five Below stores. Got three of the First Order Officers for $3.75 each. I love that figure. Picked up a red A-Wing at a Ross later that day as well. I forget how much I paid, but not much. I may go back and get another of the A-Wings. They had four or five of them sitting there.
Awesome! I'm surprised you found all that this late in the game. Those have been around for a bit. You must be in an area that isn't frequented by collectors. 🤞

Reaction score
Anyone have a spare A-Wing pilot from the red ship? I'd rather trade for it instead of buying a ship I wont ever display.

Reaction score
I'm not sure where is the right place for this, since the crappy gold figures don't have their own subsection, but I got the pack with R2 and have this cool idea about making him Xizor's personal astromech, who keeps track of his bank accounts. Might add some purple paint, maybe even a Black Sun sigil, but I have virtually no experience with customizing and would probably flub it badly.

Reaction score
I'm not sure where is the right place for this, since the crappy gold figures don't have their own subsection, but I got the pack with R2 and have this cool idea about making him Xizor's personal astromech, who keeps track of his bank accounts. Might add some purple paint, maybe even a Black Sun sigil, but I have virtually no experience with customizing and would probably flub it badly.
Yes they have a thread here:

Reaction score
One thing you can do that is super easy is to do a panel line wash to make all the detail pop. I think that would actually make it really nice looking. I shiny gold astromech sounds like a really cool thing to have. You may have actually convinced me to get at least the R2. Of course, now that I want one I won't be able to find any.

Edit: I just ordered in on Walmart.com. 🤞

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm happy to have inspired somebody! It's the build-a-droid with premium articulation, so you won't have any regrets. If only any of the other figures were half as cool.

Reaction score
More of a sighting as I didn't buy any, but Five Below now has the Solo 2-packs. I assume they are priced at $5. I didn't see a price sticker, and I wasn't interested to ask. Looks like they had the Rebolt/Hound, Chewie/Han with mud, and Kessel Guard/Lando sets. I didn't see the R2/3P0 set.

Reaction score
Picked up 4 Imperial Royal Guards and a Quay Tolsite at Five Below today for $3.75 a piece. Also got a Kessel Mine Escape playset from Wal-Mart for $9.99, and two Lando Calrissian & Kessel Guard 2-Packs for $5.99. Figure I'll keep the playset and 2 Kessel Guards, and sell the pack-in Solo figures along with the two Lando figures to recoup most of my losses on that transaction.

All in all, a pretty good day. I wasn't originally going to pick up any of the Solo stuff, but at these prices it's a steal. I have a dream that one day I'll have a Star Wars room where I'm able to display all my junk. I want to have different shelves on my wall dedicated to different planets in the Star Wars universe. Figure a small shelf for Kessel couldn't hurt.

Reaction score
Stopped by Five Below, and they had a bunch of the Solo 2-packs, so I picked up muddy Han & Chewie for $5 - interestingly enough - never spotted these at regular retail stores, like Target or WM. Hasbro really did a nice job on so many of the Solo basic figures, but dropped the ball on getting them distributed, and then abandoned the entire line - what a shame, I actually miss it.

Reaction score
This is the most I've ever seen at one store. There were 5 of them at this Burlington Coat Factory. I can't help myself. I buy one of these $10 bad boys every time I come across one. I think I have 3 or 4 now. 😁

Reaction score
Keep checking your Ross stores daily if you can. They have been getting new shipments in of both A-wings Red and Blue. Red is $8 and blue is $6.

I also saw more Solo figures such as Quay Tolsite, Hoth Leia, ERG, and other figures from that wave. Also, Enfys Nest w/ Swoop Bike, and the obligatory glut of Rathtars.

Really haven't seen much at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Tuesday Morning.

Ross, Five Below, and Burlington seem to be the place for discount Solo stuff.

Reaction score
Keep checking your Ross stores daily if you can. They have been getting new shipments in of both A-wings Red and Blue. Red is $8 and blue is $6.

I also saw more Solo figures such as Quay Tolsite, Hoth Leia, ERG, and other figures from that wave. Also, Enfys Nest w/ Swoop Bike, and the obligatory glut of Rathtars.

Really haven't seen much at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Tuesday Morning.

Ross, Five Below, and Burlington seem to be the place for discount Solo stuff.
Good to know, but I'm not stepping foot in a Ross until after the holidays are over. I remember going there on a Saturday afternoon (around this time of year) several years back, and the lines were 30-40 people deep. Very few SW toys are worth that.

I don't know if Five Below or Burlington are as busy even during the holidays.

Reaction score
Good to know, but I'm not stepping foot in a Ross until after the holidays are over. I remember going there on a Saturday afternoon (around this time of year) several years back, and the lines were 30-40 people deep. Very few SW toys are worth that.

I don't know if Five Below or Burlington are as busy even during the holidays.
Yeah, it can get crazy, but right now is when they are the most stocked seasonally. I try to go during off peak times when I can such as first thing on my lunch break, first thing after work, or early morning on the weekends. The times I've been to Burlington it was never busy, but again, probably because of the specific times I go similar to Ross.

Reaction score
Two place I refuse to go on weekends are Ross and Costco. Neither are that bad during the week, even in holiday season. I would love to grab a Quay for 2.99. I’ve been getting so close...I think I’ve seen every figure from that wave at Ross except Quay. The store is a mess with piles of toys on every shelf. Pick up a box and three toys fall with it.

Reaction score
Two place I refuse to go on weekends are Ross and Costco. Neither are that bad during the week, even in holiday season. I would love to grab a Quay for 2.99. I’ve been getting so close...I think I’ve seen every figure from that wave at Ross except Quay. The store is a mess with piles of toys on every shelf. Pick up a box and three toys fall with it.
Word of wisdom for sure. Costco on a weekend is a suicide mission. If I can't go right when they open in the morning I say it's a lost cause and I try again another day.