Recent Acquisitions - Han Solo Movie (2018)

Reaction score
I wanted to followup on a couple of prior posts regarding Tunghori's figures being factory rejects due to paint app errors. Today I received Val, Rio, Beckett and L3 from Tunghori, and the only one I would say should have been a factory reject is Val. She had a rather large splotch of green paint on her white scarf, which I was able to mostly remove with gentle scrubbing and scratching. I suspect Beckett was a reject not due to paint application, but rather because he has something rattling inside his torso. Rio and L3 look fine.

These are some great looking figures, though Beckett's face appears slightly off. I appreciate all the wrist articulation, but anybody have an idea why they made Beckett's boots swivel? Seems a rather useless point of articulation. I'm really enjoying this line, now down to finding Quay, Rebolt and Hound.

Reaction score
They made Hoth Leia's boots swivel too. And on TLJ Finn I think.

It's probably to make the boots the color they should roughly be. And since it's a separate piece making it a swivel is just as easy. :{

Reaction score
I wanted to followup on a couple of prior posts regarding Tunghori's figures being factory rejects due to paint app errors. Today I received Val, Rio, Beckett and L3 from Tunghori, and the only one I would say should have been a factory reject is Val. She had a rather large splotch of green paint on her white scarf, which I was able to mostly remove with gentle scrubbing and scratching. I suspect Beckett was a reject not due to paint application, but rather because he has something rattling inside his torso. Rio and L3 look fine.

These are some great looking figures, though Beckett's face appears slightly off. I appreciate all the wrist articulation, but anybody have an idea why they made Beckett's boots swivel? Seems a rather useless point of articulation. I'm really enjoying this line, now down to finding Quay, Rebolt and Hound.
What's rattling inside the Beckett is probably a loose Force Link chip. I've had the same issue with store bought figures.

I'm glad that they gave Beckett those boot swivels - the figure doesn't stand all that well so being able to adjust the swivel has made it easier for me to get it to stand unassisted.

Reaction score
Finally, first wave of Solo figures starting to pop up in Poland in random stores. So I guess 6 months is the waiting time for those toys to travel to Europe. I've got K2S0 and Rangetrooper who looks awesome. I still need at leat Beckett, L3 and this new great looking Vader.

Reaction score
So the new wave of Solo figures (wave 4?) hit a few walmarts and that's it?! These should be hitting heavy to both Walmarts and Targets by now!

Reaction score
So the new wave of Solo figures (wave 4?) hit a few walmarts and that's it?! These should be hitting heavy to both Walmarts and Targets by now!
I saw part of that wave at 1 Walmart a little out the way for me. I haven't actually seen it at any other Walmarts yet, and I have quite few in my area. What's curious is that it seems like an older wave was stocked with Chewbacca, Maz, etc.

Historically, the days leading up to Black Friday is usually the best time to find Fall releases as you may already know.

Reaction score
My Solo wave 4 shipped today from megalopolis. Finally going to have this damned wave.
I received my wave 4 Solo case from Entertainment Earth today. I was surprised that it shipped so fast since I ordered it the week of Halloween. There was a hole punched in the top of the case damaging 1 Rio and both L3 cards. I've never had this happen with a sealed case before. :mad:

Reaction score
I have extras of Wave 4 if anyone is interested. I have an extra of Rio, Val, Beckett & L3. If interested let me know. retail cost + shipping. shoot me a PM.

Reaction score
Ran down to Walmart and got a Force Link 2.0 K-2SO. That newly announced Cassian show prompted me buy a pegwarmer...

Reaction score
Ran down to Walmart and got a Force Link 2.0 K-2SO. That newly announced Cassian show prompted me buy a pegwarmer...
I missed him as a RO release, so I was glad they did him in the Force Link line. Plus he has a gun now.

Reaction score
More a sighting than an acquisition. I saw Solo wave 3, with the Darth Vader, at what is essentially Kroger (King Soopers here). So, if you're still needing that Vader or the FO stormtrooper with shoulder pad, that's a place to check I guess.

Reaction score
More a sighting than an acquisition. I saw Solo wave 3, with the Darth Vader, at what is essentially Kroger (King Soopers here). So, if you're still needing that Vader or the FO stormtrooper with shoulder pad, that's a place to check I guess.
My only in-store purchases since TRU closed has been a few surprising findings in grocery stores (Safeway here). Everything else has been online.

As for Solo acquisitions, I finally got a decent deal on Rebolt/Hound. Just left to find Quay, the coolest-looking figure released in the line.

Reaction score
Found another Solo wave 4 at WM this morning. Was able to get the Quay and Rio to complete my collection. Both had cards that were warped. Probably why scalper left them alone. Sitting some books on the card helped take most of the warp out.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I got Val and Toby sometime last week. I think that just about closes me out for Solo figures until they release a Dryden. I might pick up Quay if I see him at retail.

Reaction score
Found another Solo wave 4 at WM this morning. Was able to get the Quay and Rio to complete my collection. Both had cards that were warped. Probably why scalper left them alone. Sitting some books on the card helped take most of the warp out.
isn't it funny that when someone finds remnants, they always say a "scalper" beats them to the other figs? So, I guess the person that came to isles after you (not specifically you, but "you" in general) would claim you are a scalper as well

Reaction score
Its almost always just another collector - we diehards are the only ones that seem to care about these anymore. Considering Solo flopped, and interest in toys is taking more of a dip, I doubt scalpers are even after them. Hell, I haven't seen a SW scalper in years at retail - just the run-of-the-mill Hot Wheels guy digging for gold in one of those massive bins, lol. Thus far, both Hasbro and retailers are failing with the holiday shopping push - my local WM has THREE basic figures on the pegs. o-o

Has anyone found Solo wave 4 for the MSRP online?

Reaction score
isn't it funny that when someone finds remnants, they always say a "scalper" beats them to the other figs? So, I guess the person that came to isles after you (not specifically you, but "you" in general) would claim you are a scalper as well
I normally wouldn't claim that, but someone has been grabbing multiples of just the hard to find figures and leaving the all of rest of the assortment for several releases. And this time it can't be army builders. A true collector would buy at least some of the rest. Just look at what ebay prices for Quay are going for and that's the only figure missing unless its damaged. I sure the next guy thought same since I have already bought the rest of the series so I left those.

Reaction score
^ wasn't really calling you out specifically, it's just a common claim made on the forums. A friend of mine found untouched case so he got one each of the 6 solo figs. I got to same store after he did, got the 4 duplicate solo figs leaving the 2 ergs. A true collector in my situation, may have just grabbed quay and or Han if found a 2nd case elsewhere later on, since already have picked up the others, yet no "scalpers" were involved. Personally, I lucked out w/ quay a few days later. Got him on Amazon direct, Grant it higher price, but I figured I don't have the time I used to have to run all over town looking for 1 fig so online may be the best for that. When quay arrived, he was shipped in an envelope and bubble smashed up. I complained to Amazon and the refunded me fully and said I can keep the figure.

Reaction score
Finally found all of Solo wave 4 today. Just need an extra Mudtrooper Han now. Glad I didn't pay the ridiculous prices Amazon has them at.

Reaction score
Walmart was selling some Rebolt/Corellian Hound packs for $17 and change a few days ago. I bought a couple of packs.

Reaction score
The Walmart website has to be checked pretty daily, sometimes you can luck out like with the Corellian Hound sets.

Reaction score
Was Quay ever in stock?
Han mudtrooper was earlier, now pos too, so I would venture to say..Yes quay wad in stock as well. It's no shocker he'd sell out fast. He is ratio to other 1 to 2 so if someone bought 1 each, remaining quay diminish faster. Plus w/ code today, those that found remnants at retail, likely only needed quay so he sell even faster. I'm sure some quay sold today were bought buy scalpers but given hrs puts li.its of 2 per fig per customer address, scalper purchases may not be as high as many on here want to believe

Reaction score
Sorry for any typos, I left my glasses in car and my phone does stupid auto correct when I hit submit and also asking mods to fix edit feature is as dead as that infamous horse

Reaction score
Sadly, they removed those limits. I was able to add 10 Val figures into my cart and go to checkout. I of course didn't order them, I just wanted to test the system. Unfortunately, there are probably just as many hoarders as there are scalpers buying the short packed figures. Some people scoop them up as "trade bait", etc. Its Hasbro's dumb decision to short pack this figure in a final wave though, making it HTF. Han as Mudtrooper makes sense, since its in the Target set, but Quay is a new sculpt limited to the basic line.

Reaction score
^ when Dorkside first listed this case, they had a completely different ratio....2 Han mudtroopers, 2 quays, 2 Vaders, 2 becketts, 2 patrol troopers, 1 rey and 1 "Hades Joker" IF this ratio sees light of day, then there is hope for more quays to be available. Really though, that rey should be changed to a 2nd HJ, and at least 1 Vader changed to mimban stormtrooper. Not sure if 2 Hans and 2 Becketts are needed. Heck make them kit bashed Han and Beckett in Kessell disquises.

Reaction score
Just ordered the Solo-boxed TIE Fighter off Amazon. It's currently at $26.49. I got $10 off for reloading our Amazon credit with $100, and then another $3.96 off for some other promotion. So about $13.50, which is about what I paid for my first TIE Fighter back in 1979.

Reaction score
Solo wave 4 made it to my local WM - the entire case was on the pegs. I only picked up Quay Tolsite, because I ordered the rest on HTS. Its such a solid wave - Hasbro did a good job with the case, but Quay should have been packed x2 instead a repack taking that extra slot. Considering he isn't likely to be carried forward or repacked, they shouldn't make such a great new figure / character HTF. Overall, I think Hasbro did a great job with the basic line for this movie - I would still like to see Therm Scissorpunch though!

Reaction score
Earlier today when I was out of town for awhile, i went to a small shopko store and bought Rey in jedi training outfit of the Force Link series.

Decent figure. Weird that the other Rey figure which is her in her Resistance outfit with the plastic poncho gets swivel forearms while Rey in Jedi training outfit doesnt get swivel forearms or even swivel wrists but oh well