Recent Acquisitions - All Props Part 9

Reaction score
I will convert it, no interest in it as a flash. It will be done at my customary slow pace. Expect an update 2014.

Reaction score
Hahah.. I'm the same way!

I gotta do a real Graflex sometime. After all, they're made in my hometown.

Reaction score
Hey Andy, my real issue is, I think, going to be the bubble strip which can only be found on two models of Texas Instruments calculator. As far as I know the Exactra 19 and the Exactra 20 made in 1974 are the only ones with the seven bubble strip (feel free to correct me if you know of another as I'll add that to my search list). I haven't been looking long but they seem rare and will probably be expensive. I can imagine a scenario where I pay more for the bubble strip than I did for the flash. I'd never have become interested on all this if I hadn't started working on a 1:1 Boba (expect update in 2037). Finding real parts is really hard. I don't know why I have become obsessed with it but I have. Having realised how rare these things are I decided I wanted to get in before things become ridiculous. Never really wanted a Graflex before but all of a sudden it became important to me. When I first became interested in prop replicas a few years ago I used to question the sanity of such practices. I recall posting on these boards about some found piece prices and how crazy it all was (Obi Wan Sink Knob). Now I've reached the stage where I can imagine paying crazy money (not for that sink knob though. That really was beyond the pale). Some of these parts come up so infrequently it really is amazing. I just shelled out a small fortune for some real Hirschmann LMK/AM Aerial/Earth Connectors. Anyone who's ever looked for a real Webley or Pulce 40 will understand the situation.

However this has all started me on the road to appreciation of fan made replicas and the amazing skill and accuracy that can be obtained. I love my idealised items but I'm starting to like the look of fan made items more and more (Sergiu, You were right). I'll go so far as to say that I think this is going to change the way my collection is. I can now see a lot of items losing their lustre to me in favour of real world stuff. The sacrifices are already forming in my mind. There are any one of a number of items in my collection I could lose in favour of the real world bits I'm currently interested in. In fact given how pricey these parts are that's probably a very real possibility because I'll have to find fundiong from somewhere (Not the Falcon). Those items currently stored in boxes are starting to look more and more like wasted resources sat around. If you're a prequel item in my collection then your days are pretty much numbered. Except maybe the AOTC Anakin SE. Love that piece.

A side effect of all the searching is the bizarre knowledge you pick up in the process. I'll give an example: Last year I knew nothing about sights for rifles but due to endless research and then searching for the one I need (The ASI 4 X 20 - come on guys, keep up!) I now have a pretty broad knowledge of rifles sights and the component parts that make them. Not just the one I want or even the type I want but all makes and models because you have to make your searching broad in order to get the piece your looking for. I'm looking for a ASI 4 x 20 but to someone else it's just an old rifle scope. I still haven't found the correct one as they are exceedingly rare but research has allowed me to make one from several different vintage scopes. As most of the vintage scopes were made in a handful of Japanese factories they share common parts so I have managed to achieve the correct scope by using different parts from four different scopes. Madness! What's happening to me!????

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place and should be in some sort of clothing thread somewhere.

I was given this recently as a gift by a lovely lady.

I would wear it, honestly, but either it shrank in the wash over the years or 'Large' meant something else in the early eighties. It shows signs of wear but then so did I when I reached thirty!

Reaction score
I am going to be an incredible tease and post a couple of photos of my latest acquisition, to be honest I am so tired I didn't have the time to set up a place to display this yet, and I haven't finished unboxing it yet.

More pictures to follow this weekend.

Reaction score
Okay, I know where I am going to put the new lightsaber, I just have to make room for it. Time to clear off a shelf of books to move my Dooku & Asajj Statue and my Jango Fett Blasters from my desk to the book case so the Master Orgus lightsaber can go on my desk. Only seems appropriate to have right there while playing The Old Republic. Although I really play more Sith Empire, so I suppose this is a trophy lightsaber from a slain Jedi. :)

The brighter photos were taken with the flash on. One of the things I found interesting was that the upright stands were not attached, but wrapped in bubble wrap and flat in the Styrofoam, then inserted into slots on the top of the base.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have no interest in SW gaming and thus no interst in owning one of these but, man, that's a very cool looking saber. Congrats!

Reaction score
Okay, I know where I am going to put the new lightsaber, I just have to make room for it. Time to clear off a shelf of books to move my Dooku & Asajj Statue and my Jango Fett Blasters from my desk to the book case so the Master Orgus lightsaber can go on my desk. Only seems appropriate to have right there while playing The Old Republic. Although I really play more Sith Empire, so I suppose this is a trophy lightsaber from a slain Jedi. :)

The brighter photos were taken with the flash on. One of the things I found interesting was that the upright stands were not attached, but wrapped in bubble wrap and flat in the Styrofoam, then inserted into slots on the top of the base.
Very, very, very cool. Thanks for all of the photos. Boy, this would have looked good in my exhibit. You know?

Reaction score
I have no interest in SW gaming and thus no interst in owning one of these but, man, that's a very cool looking saber. Congrats!
Same here. I don't care at all about this game or the lightsaber itself, but have to agree it looks superb! I like the base too, even more than the mirrored ones.

Reaction score

That's an awesome piece. Congrats. Very rare, too. :)

Reaction score

That saber belongs in a museum.

Huge congrats on a rockin' saber!

Reaction score
Got the MR ANH Vader saber, it's my first MR piece, and my first display prop.

What a great thing to get hooked on I guess! Now, once Hasbro finishes their TVC line, I will have more money for things like this saber! Here's to a great new collection!

Reaction score
the bubble strip which can only be found on two models of Texas Instruments calculator. As far as I know the Exactra 19 and the Exactra 20 made in 1974 are the only ones with the seven bubble strip (feel free to correct me if you know of another as I'll add that to my search list). I haven't been looking long but they seem rare and will probably be expensive. I can imagine a scenario where I pay more for the bubble strip than I did for the flash.
And I did!

What's great is that when I popped a few batteries in I found that a calculator that is nearly 40 years old still works. I know people that age that do less!

Dream, live etc.

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas where I can get a good D ring for the hilt. I've seen a site called Blast Tech offer on but was wondering if there were others out there? It appears to be a part that has not been identified.

Reaction score
Got the MR ANH Vader saber, it's my first MR piece, and my first display prop.

What a great thing to get hooked on I guess! Now, once Hasbro finishes their TVC line, I will have more money for things like this saber! Here's to a great new collection!
Bought a MR ANH Vader display case to display this saber I bought. I'm extremley happy with this purchase. It looks great in a case.

Reaction score
No way..... A custom built Boba Rifle?

Sir... I salute you.....
I'm not sure what you mean by custom. It's a genuine Webley from 1916 with other found vintage parts. I have been looking for one of these for years. Casually for a while but genuinely, actively searching for three years, which entails visiting all sorts of obscure internet sites and military fairs. There aren't many left. It is nearly one hundred years old after all. The chromed flash tube isn't right though. It's a Heiland. A good Heiland but still a Heiland. An MPP is the way forward. No Heiland has the correct set of holes that match the MPP and of course it says heiland on it:|. My MPP search has been utterly fruitless. The only time I saw one I passed. It was expensive and I didn't have the Webley at the time and thought I never would so seemed a bit of an extravagance. Regret that day now. I think the closest I'll get will be to butcher a post 2005 MR Vader FX saber. There are some other parts that are still unidentified (at least to me) and I have only heard rumours as to what the might actually be (the centre stock greeblie and the scope mounts). I think it'll come down to scratch building some bits based on photo research. For now. For now.

...................And your too kind saying 'built'. At the minute it's just some collected parts. I have to confess I'm pretty slow. Just ask the graflex and Exactra calculator that are still sitting untouched on the mantlepiece.:grin:

Dream etc.

Andy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by custom. It's a genuine Webley from 1916 with other found vintage parts. I have been looking for one of these for years. Casually for a while but genuinely, actively searching for three years, which entails visiting all sorts of obscure internet sites and military fairs. There aren't many left. It is nearly one hundred years old after all. The chromed flash tube isn't right though. It's a Heiland. A good Heiland but still a Heiland. An MPP is the way forward. No Heiland has the correct set of holes that match the MPP and of course it says heiland on it:|. My MPP search has been utterly fruitless. The only time I saw one I passed. It was expensive and I didn't have the Webley at the time and thought I never would so seemed a bit of an extravagance. Regret that day now. I think the closest I'll get will be to butcher a post 2005 MR Vader FX saber. There are some other parts that are still unidentified (at least to me) and I have only heard rumours as to what the might actually be (the centre stock greeblie and the scope mounts). I think it'll come down to scratch building some bits based on photo research. For now. For now.

...................And your too kind saying 'built'. At the minute it's just some collected parts. I have to confess I'm pretty slow. Just ask the graflex and Exactra calculator that are still sitting untouched on the mantlepiece.:grin:

Dream etc.

Andy
Have you considered a Parks saber MPP flash? Might be better then the FX route...

Reaction score
Well, it only took me a year of looking and a year of saving, but I finally picked up my grail piece....so far. It's not the SE and I'm perfectly fine with that. The last one I saw on ebay went for $4400. No way was I going to be able to afford that. I got this one for half that. I think that was a good price?

Reaction score
Some new purchases for me after a verrrrrry long break from collecting:

eFX Luke Skywalker Red 5 Helmet

eFX Luke ROTJ Reveal Saber

Reaction score
Received my Master Replicas ROTJ Luke V2 today - last part of my 40th Birthday presents which included -
MR Han Solo ESB Blaster
efx Stormtrooper Helmet
Obviously I'm really chuffed with my gifts (and my wife and daughter for knowing what makes me happy) they all look great on display. Haven't put the saber down since I opened the box this morning. It is now officially my favourite saber - definitely one of MR finest and a great saber for them to finish on.

Reaction score
I went to go and buy a Darth Nihilus mini bust today and when I bought it I saw the eFX count Dooku saber and I just caved in and bought it, very nicely detailed and it looks fantastic !!!! Very happy with the buy.

Reaction score
Just received this (anniversary gift from my wife) today. Been waiting a long time for this one - she bought it last November and it's been safely tucked away. Weathering is nothing short of amazing, feels great when holding it. Love how well it displays either in its case or just lying out on my desk - definitely one that you can't help picking up. That's me pretty much got all the OT sabers I want now and glad this was the final one.
[/IMG]