Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC)V.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New Area Finds

A collector friend told me the Hanover WalMart had the exclusive comic 2-packs. The nearby Books-A-Million at Arundel Mills has the Previews-exc. Crimson Empire Crucible sets @44.50(you can get discount w/BAM card). Severn SuperWalMart had a lone SL snowtrooper this am, little else.

Reaction score
Friday Germantown/G\'burg Patrol results

Welp, did another patrol today at lunch.

I went to Target Germantown last night. Decent stock of figures, especially CW. Ended up finally getting that Grevious Star Fighter since its still only $19.99 at Target. Everywhere else seems to be $25 for vehicles. Still a few Sarclacc BP and Monastery BPs. Not much else.

Today:

WallMart Germantown Fresh restock. Ton's of figures. Multiples of the new CW wave. Not as much Saga figures, but still decent variety. Figures still just $7.49. They also finally stocked up some Battle packs. They have 2x Recon Speeder BP, 2x Hoth Speeder BP, & 2x Training on Falcon BPs. They also are overflowing with vehicles. They have one of those "walking ball" droids with the big legs. Forgot its name. I haven't seen them on the shelves in a while.

Target Gaithersburg (RIO). Some new figures, mostly CW. The Christophis UBP is back. It was missing last week, but some how has been restocked. A Sarlacc Pit UBP is also there. They also have Monastery BPs and some vehicles.

K-Mart Gaithersburg (Kentlands). They lonely BMF is still there at $127. I really need to talk to their toy mgr and see if he will take a "best offer" to get that thing off the floor. They actually restocked figures, so there are some Wave 3 CW folks, but at $8.99 I don't expect them to move that fast.

Toys R US Gaithersburg. Fresh restock. Ton's of figures at $7.99. They pretty much had everyone there from the new waves. Multiple Spacetroopers etc.. They also had two BattleFront2 Battle packs. One with 5x Droids and the other with 5x Clone troopers. But at $39.99 I passed. Plus I had picked up a TFU Droid BP for the boys birthday and the articulation stinks on those figures. They also had the regular TRU stuff (Lars Homestead, Tie Fighter, B-Wing, AT-TE, ARC170). Not every many vehicles.

For those who are interested, they did have a Galactic Heros snowspeeder.

One bummer note: While in Walmart, I was searching through the pegs of figures when a lady started to also go through the pegs. I asked what she was looking for and she said "Commander Fox". I told her it was a Target Exclusive and that it has been discontinued. I pointed towards a Rex and said that it looked like him but was red. Well as we dug through the figures she ends up finding a TLC Clone officer with Red paint. I have Yellow, Green, and Blue and would really like that red one. So I say "hey" that's one that I would really like.

She instantly became possessive like it was the golden ticket figure. I asked if I could have it if she didn't want it. Nope, it was as good a Cmd Fox now in her eyes. Ugh.
I should have told her that I can't believe how many Rare Yarnas they have there. Oh well, I guess now that I know there are red officers out there, I have something left to "hunt" for. So if anyone spots a red TLC Clone officer, let me know.

Todays catch for me: From WM I got a CW Padme (for my daughter) and a IG86 w/Grey Guns. At TRU I ended up Getting the Luke and Han Stromtroopers, but mostly so I could complete the Build a Droid.

So where else besides WalMart, Target, and Toys R US does everyone go to find figures? Besides these three places I also find figures at:

K-Mart $9
Giant Food $8
Kohls $10 (but always on sale)
Wall Greens $10

Oh. Those exclusive Senate Clones that are Star Wars Shop exclusives have gone on sale. They were $15.99 a figure and had dropped down to $7.99. The shipping still stinks. It was $7.99 to ship a single figure. I got two and the shipping went up to $9.99. So I have two of them on the way.

Reaction score
Re: Friday Germantown/G\'burg Patrol results

Any Snowtroopers at Germantown WM ?

Reaction score

jedisquared said:
Severn SuperWalMart had a lone SL snowtrooper this am, little else.
went there at 4:30pm and the severn super walmart had about 20 each of the exclusive comic packs that they just put out.

Reaction score

Cyclone - I saw some of those red Clones at WM in Kingstown today. Pretty sure they were at TRU in Fairlakes as well. May be too far afield for you though??? Didnt realize you needed them - would have happily grabbed one for you.

Reaction score
Re: Friday Germantown/G\'burg Patrol results

No snowtrooper at the Walmart. Sorry.

Thanks for the offer on the Red Clone. I know that I will pick it up one day. Perhaps I need to take a trip down to Rockville this week and check out their TRU and Target.

Reaction score

As of 9pm Friday night, there was nothing worth reporting at the Laurel Target or Wal Mart.

Reaction score

Severn SuperWalMart and hanover walmart both have tons of the ewok comics wave. I would say about 3 to 4 cases each

Reaction score

Saturday morning and Laurel Wal Mart continues their long tradition of being behind the curve.

Reaction score
Luck at Columbia TRU

I picked up the new trio of comic book sets (Farmer Mundi, Dress Uniform Wedge, Luke, Deena, etc) at the Columbia TRU. There was only 1 case.

Reaction score

My Targets were stocked with older waves - nothing new this AM. Did see another AT-TE and it tempted me again, but I resisted. I'm not sure I can hold out. If they were 5 stormtroopers, I would have bought both.
TRU had nothing new, either. Still about 10 Lars Homestead sets for 2x what I'm willing to pay.

Reaction score

stopped by the new target in Annapolis, I found the AT-TE battlepack. I grabbed one and there is still one left. I also saw the target snowtrooper, teboo mighty muggs. They were on a end cap by the check outs

Reaction score

Found the Snowspeeder Galactic Heros pack this afternoon at the TRU in Sterling.

Reaction score

HTS also has the newest Galactic Heroes 2-packs. Already placed the order and used the SW2009 coupon for 10% off = was $36.00 shipped.

Can't beat that versus driving around burning gas/time finding them.

Reaction score

Found a lone AT-TE BP at south Glen Burnie Target on Crain Hwy. They also had a complete set of Legacy wave 5, including spacetrooper as of 7 pm this evening.

Reaction score

Stopped at Walmart (Mt. Airy) tonight to get my son's prescription and saw that they had tons of comic packs. Think these are the newest ones as they had a 3-pack of ewoks on every single peg.

Reaction score

Noticed that Target in Baileys Cross Roads now has basic figures priced at $8.72 - making the $8.04 at Burke Target look like a bargain...unreal.

Reaction score

Severn SuperWalMart had new Titanium wave: Nemoid. Shuttle, Republic Atttack Shuttle(CW) Delta7B starfighter(CW) in both red & yellow for Anakin & Obi, Virago, Ep. III starfighter w/hyperdrive ring(new) & The Twilight(CW). Also had several cases of their exc. comic packs on an endcap, as well as the new 3.75 Marvel Superheroes(including X-Men Origins: Wolverine subset). Multiples of everything mentioned.

Reaction score

Silver Spring Target off 29 & Cherry Hill/Randolph had all exc. Might Muggs, as well as AT-TE Assault Squad BP's & aforementioned Titaniums.

Reaction score

My GHs showed up up today... really fast for HTS.

Reaction score

I did a big run on Saturday with little results.

Target Rockville. Figures are now $8.74. Avg selection, nothing worth noting.

TRU Rockville. Figures $7.99. Found my Red Clone Officer that I needed. They have a BMF for $159. Good selection of figures and vehicles.

Target Rio. Weak selection of figures, just the Monastery BP and a few vehicles. 2x Sarlacc UBP.

TRU G'Burg. Lots of figures. Two more Red Clone officers if I hadn't found them earlier. They still have a ton (ie 12x) of old Hoth Patrol BPs (with the Wompa and Tauntau). They have a AT-TE and a lot of stuff just mentioned last week. (Ties, BWings, etc..)

Walmart Frederick. Near Empty Figures, low on stock for everything else.

I am still on the look out for a AT-TE Assault BP. Haven't found one yet. If the ICC was built, I might head over to Rt 29/Cherry tomorrow at lunch.

Reaction score

Picked up two of the Amanin/Sunbar comic packs over the weekend. Bought the first, and liked the story so much that I bought another.
I also have the next two issues of that comic coming from ebay so I can see have the story turns out.

BTW, someone needs to start another thread. We are over 500 posts in this one.

Reaction score

Flacksguy said:
BTW, someone needs to start another thread. We are over 500 posts in this one.
I was thinking the same thing. Please continue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.