Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC)V.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Local Sightings

FYI - the case assortment that I found on the WM pallet was marked W3R1 08 and had a big red box marked Produced after Nov. 11, 2008 on it. Anyone know what that significance is? Subject to new toy import rules after 11/11/08?

Reaction score

El_Kamino said:
Well, I think I'm done.

I know the figures have gone up in price, but I'd reconsider about picking up this current wave at least.
This is easily the best wave we've gotten this year, the figures are nicely sculpted, and well articulated and some come with really clever pack ins.
Not only that, but when you count the two build a droids, and the two smaller figures that are packed with the Jawa and Cantina Alien, you are basically getting 12 figures for the price of 8.
Even at 8.00 a figure, thats not a bad price per unit.

BTW, I got my Rancor from Target.com already. That was quick.
Haven't opened it yet, but it looks pretty awesome in person.

Reaction score

I have to agree, overall one of the best waves in awhile. I especially like the WED & cantina aliens.

Reaction score

Still no Legacy love at Glen Burnie north. South GB Target had SL, but no snowie as yet. Wish Fanboys was opening around here this w/e!!

Reaction score

5 new cases of SL between two of my targets at 8am opening today and not one of these cases had a snowtrooper.

Reaction score

They're def. one of the revision # cases that doesn't contain snowtrooper.

Reaction score

Sweet, so columbia targets should get them next week. Maybe i'll find a spacetrooper.

Reaction score

Burke WM at one point had the newest CW Wave - saw a lone Goldie sitting on the pegs - but passed. Otherwise, I havent been out looking as much so I havent seen any other new items (comic packs, SL W5, etc.)

Reaction score

Got my Loose Lars' Homestead w/Moisture Vaporator in the mail today from another scummer.
And picked up another Ben Kenobi on Sat.

Reaction score

Same with Burke Target. Though the new $8.04 price point is not only odd, but high - prohibitively high.

I'm definitely cutting back purchases and making more trips to WM.

Reaction score

Any word on Deena and Luke packs guys? I REALLY want to get couple of these just because they're perfect custom fodder/fit external purposes.

Reaction score

Severn Super WalMart had Legacy wave 5 packed to the gills this am, with more boxes on cart unable to go up...so they must have more in the back. Also had 2 Slave Leia/BarR2 GH & plenty of CW wave 4 with Goldie.

Reaction score
Gaithersburg Patrol 2/13/2009

Ok. I hit three stores today during Lunch.

Target (RIO). Nothing but TLC peg warmers and a few IG86s. The "Chrisophis" UBP is gone. They just have two Sarlacc pits, Monastery Packs, and a few vehicles.

K-Mart (Kentlands). They still have one of the BMFs ($127), a few Vehicles, and Pegwarmers. They do have a couple of Tins with odd figures.

Toy R US (Gaithersburg). Plenty of Wave 4 Clone Wars figures (Padme, Magna Guards, 212th, Clone w/Space Gear, and Goldies). They also had a some Wave 5 TLC figures. They have Old Ben, Stormie Luke, SpaceTrooper, Jawa, and Cantina Folks. Didn't have StormTrooper Han though. They did have a Hoth Speeder Recon BP today, which they didn't have last week.

Also as TRU, Tie Fighters, B-Wings, AT-TE, and older "Hoth Patrol" Tauntaun Woompa BP.

Its a shame that the Build a Droid had a great red r2 unit that comes only with Old Ben and the Cantina folks. I can't say that I'm interested in the Cantina figures, but I'd really like to build that Red R2 unit.

I stopped by Target Germantown Wednesday night. Nothing there to report. Just Pegwarmers and a few Vehicles. Oh and the Monastery BP.

I had stopped by WalMart (Germantown) on Tuesday night. They had also been reduced down to just Pegwarmers in just a few days. I don't expect them to restock until next week.

I am pretty much just waiting for the next wave of Clone Wars figures. The kids are waiting on Kit Fisto and Jar-Jar. I've pretty much tapped out the TLC figures that I want, and the wife is beginning to ask "Where are all these figures coming from?".

Reaction score
Re: Gaithersburg Patrol 2/13/2009

Cyclone said:
Toy R US (Gaithersburg). They have Old Ben, Stormie Luke, SpaceTrooper, Jawa, and Cantina Folks. Didn't have StormTrooper Han though.
Not like I have the time to sneak away from work at NIH to hit these stores, but thanks for the post. Did you happen to notice the price of the above figures at TRU?

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that TRU is still $7.99. But I really didn't look.

If you are NIH, I would just go to the Target and Toys R Us in Rockville. They are just up the street from you and the last time I checked, both had better stocks of SW stuff than Gaithersburg/Germantown do. Of course the grass is always greener on the other side.

My wife is out with the kids so it looks like I will have time to make a Walmart/Target Germantown run tonight.

[later that night]
Walmart has CW Wave 4 now and plenty of them, even Magna Guards $7.49

Target just has some TLC figures, but at least a few clones.

Reaction score

Severn SuperWalmart at Rt. 97 & Quarterfield Road had all Legacy wave 5 except spacetrooper(and all CW wave 4) this am(Sat.). They are now on an endcap adjacent to toy dept. No sign of new GH, comic 2-packs or AT-TE assault BP. Unleashed BP's are clearly dying on the pegs. This Wally still has two Bar R2/Slave Leia if anyone still needs or cares.

Reaction score

This has nothing to do with anything I got but
There is going to be alot of stuff to get in 2009.

Reaction score

Yeah, I ran down my printer ink levels printing some of the Hasbro '09 slides. Some really awesome stuff coming down the pipe. Wasn't too keen on the deluxe assortment, but the rest...wow! Alot of CW I expected to see, but didn't...probably because of SDCC. Seems like Hasbro's playing major catchup with production/delivery dates.

Reaction score

I can't believe the Galactic Heroes lines. Wish they would make a regular Tie fighter and a B-Wing.

I will have to do some serious planning for future spending:

February:
Death Star Assault #2
Snowspeeder Cinema Set
2-packs: Luminari/SBD, Clonetrooper/Spider Droid, Senator Jar Jar/Padme, Mace/Clonetrooper

May/June:
Obi-Wan EpIII Starfighter, Anakin EpII Starfighter, Endor Celebration Cinema Scene

August:
2-Packs: Chewbacca/DSD/Mouse Droid, Rebel Fleet Trooper/Stormtrooper, Admiral Acbar/Nien Numb, R2-D2/Jawas
TRU Exclusive Cinema Scenes: Kamino, Tatooine Selling of the Droids

All the pictures are in the Hasbro 09 Toy Fair link from the main page.

Reaction score

I'm pretty excited about that Dooku FX saber.
I've been wanting one of those forever.

Reaction score
New Area Finds

Scored all 3 new comic packs(Luke/Deena, Ki-Adi/Asharad, etc.) at Glen Burnie TRU(none left). Also saw new CW Fig/Droid 2-packs(what a waste) and the NEW GH Cinema Scenes: Snowspeeder(wow!) & Assault on Death Star II. Plenty of both. Nice to see anything new at this point.

Reaction score
Re: New Area Finds

I'm pretty much filled up right now.

I've been stockpiling figures all month and sneaking them into my kids collection one at a time every few days. I tell him that the "Clone Fairy" must have visited last night. The only figures that I might still buy are the Han and Luke Stormtroopers since I need their BAD parts to finish that Astromech. I also might get CW Wave 3 Padme for my daughter. For the rest of the year, I am likely going to collect "Clone Wars" exclusively. I pretty much have all of the Legacy stuff that I want.

So I am looking forward to April's CW wave (Fisto and JarJar especially). Other CW stuff looks good too for the remainder of the year. That Y-Wing is really nice.

I got a little PO'd at my son yesterday. He broke 3 light sabers after being very good with the toys all this time. He had a "visitor" friend over yesterday, so I'm not sure who's to blame. Super Glue will fix two the them, but the third had its handle flatten by teeth marks. I've removed all of the "small" accessories from the collection for the time being. I'm getting tired of losing guns and hands. I surely don't want to lose one of the removable helmets.

Reaction score

Saw two AT-TE Assault Battlepacks today at a Target near me. Left them both. I got my son both other CW trooper battlepacks for Xmas and get this - he never opened them. They are still on the floor beneath the coffe table. He's starting to loose interest in SW....very sad. I opened the Han/Luke/Spacetrooper/Jawa for him last week - it pained me to see them trapped in plastic....

Reaction score

Found the new WM Exclusive Comic Packs this evening, along with a snowtrooper!

Reaction score

Great to hear new stuff is showing up, WM Exclusive Comic Packs, new comic packs and the at-te crew. I will have to be on the look out. Anyone see the new rancor yet?

Reaction score

vadarthdad said:
Lucky dog, still havent found the Snowtrooper.

Reaction score

vadarthdad said:
Where did you see them? I need ewoks.

Found the AT-TE squad pack in Dumfries yesterday. Still trying to find wave 5 BAD and the Yavin battle pack.

Reaction score

Found all the new comic packs at Fair Lakes WM today. Including the WM exclusives! (i never seem to catch the WM exclusives at retail - so this was a big find for me!)

Fairlakes TRU had about 30+ of the Battlefront II multipacks.

Both stores had the Goldie CW wave - but no new SL waves. Picked up some of the CW figures at WM too. (Padme, Magna, Goldie and Space Clone)

Reaction score

Found a lone SL Snowtrooper at Laurel WalMart. What are the new WalMart-exclusive comic-packs?

Reaction score

OMG, are the Toy Fair sets out already...Ewoks, X-wing Rogue Squad, etc. Man, I'm out of the loop...I just saw the street date was 3/1, sorry. Hey, Muvico Egyptian 24 told me Fanboys was opening up a week from tomorrow...great news!

Reaction score

Fanboys should be opening up in at least 3 theatres this weekend, but they may all be in NOVA. (Sterling and Alexandria I know, I forget the 3rd)

Reaction score

Yes - the 3 new WM Exclusives, due out on 3/1 per the presentation from Hasbro at TF, were over-crowding the pegs at one of my 2 WM's. I've PM'ed cdrweasel on which one - they had 12 of each on the pegs - yes 12.

Reaction score

jedisquared said:
Scored all 3 new comic packs(Luke/Deena, Ki-Adi/Asharad, etc.) at Glen Burnie TRU(none left). Also saw new CW Fig/Droid 2-packs(what a waste) and the NEW GH Cinema Scenes: Snowspeeder(wow!) & Assault on Death Star II. Plenty of both. Nice to see anything new at this point.
Thanks for the post. Stopped today at lunch and grabbed both Cinema sets. Have to say that while the Snowspeeder is the coolest of the GH ships so far I am a little disappointed by the fact that Dack's arms don't rotate making it hard to put him in the back. Likewise, Porkins going into the X-Wing is almost impossible. With a little work and grease I got his body in there. Darn blaster should have been removable. Oh well. Now to hunt for the 2-packs...

Reaction score

Glad to help! Yes, the snowspeeder rocks. $$$ is tight, but I def. want to p/u this set eventually.

Reaction score

Forgot to mention yesterday...don't know if anyone collects bobbleheads, Severn SuperWalmart had Denal clonetrooper exclusive.

Reaction score

Finally found the elusive Snowtrooper at Kingstown WM. Grabbed the only one there - also had tons of the exclusive comic packs.

TRU there had the new droid 2 packs (not a fan) as well as the newest comic packs. New SL wave not to be seen anywhere...

Reaction score

Thanks do Vadarthdads tip, my girlfriend picked up the comic packs for me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.