Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC)V.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Re: Local Sightings

Checked Target at 198 and 295 today. They had SL figures on the pegs. That was it. No new Mighty Muggs or Galactic Heroes.

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

From what I'm hearing, the local area retailers that are getting SL, it's the one revision case that DOESN'T have the snowtrooper...go fgure!

Pellaeon

Moff
Reaction score

jedisquared said:
From what I'm hearing, the local area retailers that are getting SL, it's the one revision case that DOESN'T have the snowtrooper...go fgure!
Thats horrible man !

My buddy picked me up a Snowie mighty muggs, happy days!

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Snowtrooper Mighty Mugg??? Where did he find it?

Pellaeon

Moff
Reaction score

Gaithersburg Target. I will try and get their tonight for you.

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Found CW wave 4 Padme, 212th trooper & space trooper at Long Gate Plaza Target in Ellicott City. No sign of "Goldie" or Magnaguard & no extras. Also saw new Unleashed BP's: Battle of Mon Calamari & AT-TE & Clone Pilots a'packin.

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Any luck? Was hoping for Snowtrooper, Shock Trooper and Cody

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Although I was strapped for some cash, I did manage to grab a Shock Trooper, Commander Cody and the Teebo (my son's birthday is tomorrow and he wanted it).

I also saw but will probably get next time around Bossk and Biggs. I saw the Snowtrooper but wasn't sold on the skirt legs. Think I might have to see it a few more times before I will pull the trigger on it.

Oh - BTW these were all from the Columbia Target (Dobbin) - and I took the ones they have on the shelf. They do say however they have more in the stockroom.

Pellaeon

Moff
Reaction score

1zzy said:
Although I was strapped for some cash, I did manage to grab a Shock Trooper, Commander Cody and the Teebo (my son's birthday is tomorrow and he wanted it).

I also saw but will probably get next time around Bossk and Biggs. I saw the Snowtrooper but wasn't sold on the skirt legs. Think I might have to see it a few more times before I will pull the trigger on it.

Oh - BTW these were all from the Columbia Target (Dobbin) - and I took the ones they have on the shelf. They do say however they have more in the stockroom.
Awesome for you! I went and all they had was 3PO exclusive.

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Columbia Target put out CW Wave 4 today. They had multiples of each except Goldie(I think I p/u'ed the last one) as of 1 PM...even Magnaguard. Also had new Unleashed BP's.

Glassman6

Moff
Reaction score

jedisquared said:
Columbia Target put out CW Wave 4 today. They had multiples of each except Goldie(I think I p/u'ed the last one) as of 1 PM...even Magnaguard. Also had new Unleashed BP's.
Thats cause i grabbed the other Goldie in the morning.
I forgot to post yesterday. Sorry. I havent found anything in so long i forgot the routine.

I grabbed one of each.

Flacksguy

Grand Admiral
Reaction score

I found the new CW wave yesterday also. Picked up Goldie, Padme, Clone w/Space Gear and the MagnaGuard.
I'd like to pick up at least one more of those MagnaGuards.

vadarthdad

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

I also found the new CW wave today. Picked up Goldie, 212th? orange clone, and Space Clone. Left the Magnaguard - maybe I shouldn't have.... Odd - there were 2each of Goldie, 212th, Space Clone, with the one Magnaguard. Nothing else. My 2 WM's have been wastelands. Anyone happen to have an extra BMF? I had one at WM for me for $99, but someone bought it, and I had a line on one for $99 at Target, but again, I was an hour late....
Lesson learned - buy it a full price....

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Stopped at Target in Columbia again today and picked up the Wedge and Bossk I left behind. Scanned them and it still says they have stuff in the back if anyone is still looking for Mighty Muggs.

Also stopped at TRU and saw that they moved the Star Wars section back to it's normal row. They had a pallet full of B-Wing's on the floor, not to mention a ton of the GH Cinema sets (Rancor, AT-PT, and Dewback). Also had all of their Galactic Heroes 2-packs on clearance for $3.99 - of course they don't have the new ones. Looked at the 3 3/4" (even though I don't collect them) and saw a Salvaria Trooper (something like that which looked similar to Neyo's helmet).

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

No Legacy anywhere, but Laurel Target had all CW wave 4 'cept Magnaguard; remnants at almost all area Targets(especially Columbia & Bowie) Bowie Target had exclu. Muggs C3PO, WEdge(?), Boosk. Longgate Target in Ellicott City had shocktrooper & snowtrooper Muggs(I guess I just don't get the appeal of these things for $10 a pop...but then bobbleheads have had the same effect).

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Well up till 2/3 they are $8.99 at Target. I actually grabbed the whole wave except for a Teebo for myself (got the son one so when he finishes with it I'll add it to the collection.

Once you open a couple they are pretty cool sitting next to each other. I am not buying all of them though, skipped most of Tatooine Luke Wave (except C-3PO because I kept seeing him everywhere and each time I thought about buying him), as well as the Dooku Wave (except Rex).

vadarthdad

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

No Legacy by me, either. Did find Magnaguard and Padme this AM. Bought Han/Luke/Spacetrooper/Jawa from HTS yesterday, too - figured I'd save the gas and time hunting these down.

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

I figure they'll be hitting this week if we're lucky...question is what Target will be charging?

JEDITOMKATT

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

found all cw wave 4 but no Magnaguard. rang up as 7.99 at the target in Glen Burnie

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

North Glen Burnie Target restocked CW wave 4...all available as of 2:30 pm, including Magnaguard & Goldie. Still no sign of Legacy wave 5.

Glassman6

Moff
Reaction score

I picked up and put back, mighty muggs today. I've got enough of them. May get the snowtrooper, but i would have like him to at least have a skirt or helmet, like vader.

Glassman6

Moff
Reaction score

Gaithersburg target had them too. I grabbed the snowtrooper, shocktrooper and 3po.

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

This just in...I got a shocked phone call from a collector friend(thanks, Josh!) who stumbled on all of Legacy wave 5 at Severn SuperWalMart. Caught us both off guard, as most of the few sporadic sightings across the US had been at Target following the CW wave 4 arrival. I got all 8, and there were a few of each left(except the spacetrooper) as of 3 pm. I don't think these had been out too long. It loopked like the stocker also had more CW & SL on a cart. Hit those Wallys this w/e.

vadarthdad

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Got my Legacy W5 HTS order today(Luke/Han/Spacetrooper/Jawa). Great figs! I'll look at the rest in-person.... Wallys by me have had nothing since before Xmas - literally about 8 figs, 4 of which are Yarnas.

vadarthdad

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

jedisquared is correct! Stopped by my local WM tonight and they had at least 3 cases of CW (didn't pay attention to Wave number) and at least 1 case of BD W3R1 - the one with StormieLuke/StormieHan/Spacetrooper/Jawa/Ben/Cantinax3...

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

My friend noted this wave looks much better in person, and I have to agree. I love cantina aliens anyway, but my favorite has to be the WED droid(no wheels!!!???) & Jawa. My son loves to recreate the "selling of the droids" scene. and this guy was the last one in the lineup he needed. On a sidenote...gee, noone in the DC/Baltimore area is showing "Fanboys." I thought I saw the poster up at Muvico Egyptian 24 at Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover.

JEDITOMKATT

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

picked all wave 5 (1 each) thanks to the heads up jedisquared. They still have 2 of each as of 7:40 am

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

No problem, always glad to help. I think they put out another coupla cases this am according to another friend who doesn't post.

Flacksguy

Grand Admiral
Reaction score

Yeah, thanks alot jedisquared,
I was able to run up to WM and pick up all of the new wave also, and then cancel my pre-order with ToyRocket.
I was REALLY looking forward to this wave, all the figures look great.

BTW, I ordered the Rancor from Target.com last night using AAA and got 10% off. Then I sold my POTF Rancor on e-bay for 10 bucks.

1zzy

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score

Walmart in Mount Airy had two of each this morning - but I left them as I only collect GHs.

Still on the hunt for the new ones (Spider Droid wave) as well as the X-Wing Assault #2 and Snowspeeder sets.

Cyclone

Grand Moff
Reaction score

Wow, looks like I am not the only who drives around at Lunch Hour checking in Target and Walmarts for figures.

I found a bunch of W5 figures at the Walmart in Frederick yesterday. I didn't have much cash so I had to pass up on Old ObiWan, Luke & Han Stormtroopers. I did get a Magna Guard and a Recon Speeder Battle pack.

They also had a few Goldie, Padme, and 212th figures.

I just joined the forum a few weeks ago, and tonight was the first time I scrolled down and found this thread. I'll likely report on the Germantown & Gaithersburg stores regularly. As of last Monday the Target at Rio had a "Battle of Christophis" battlepack at $55. I had to pass on it.

Flacksguy

Grand Admiral
Reaction score

Welcome Cyclone,
you'll find a good group of scummers in here.
We're always looking out for each other.

El_Kamino

Ensign
Reaction score

Well, I think I'm done. I don't know about up north but down here, everything has jumped way up in price. Figures are now $8 each. Comic Packs, Evolutions and Battle Packs have all gone up $2 or $3. There is nothing different about this stuff. It's the same stuff that cost $2 or $3 less 2 months ago. I just have a hard time paying $8 for a figure, especially since I buy 2 of each for my carded and loose collection. After many years, I think my collecting days are over.

Pellaeon

Moff
Reaction score

El_Kamino said:
Well, I think I'm done. I don't know about up north but down here, everything has jumped way up in price. Figures are now $8 each. Comic Packs, Evolutions and Battle Packs have all gone up $2 or $3. There is nothing different about this stuff. It's the same stuff that cost $2 or $3 less 2 months ago. I just have a hard time paying $8 for a figure, especially since I buy 2 of each for my carded and loose collection. After many years, I think my collecting days are over.

That is the nice thing about really only collecting Snowtroopers

Glassman6

Moff
Reaction score

Well i found wave 5 this morning in columbia, and grabbed them all except the spacetrooper. I grabbed 2 Wioslea by mistake. I'm so mad at myself cause now i gotta hunt for whats gonna be the most wanted fig. Target had nothing new.

Cyclone

Grand Moff
Reaction score

Thanks for the warm greetings and such. Here is my Lunch patrol report.

WalMart Germantown - Wave 5 arrived. I picked up a Jawa and a Spacetrooper. They had old ObiWans, Cantina folks, and some Wave 4 CW figures (Goldie, Padme, 212th, Space Clone).

They even had a few Cmd Faie (snowtrooper?) with new Build A Droid parts. They had all the figures needed to build the new Red R2 Unit. No battle Packs and just the regular vehicles. (Obi Starfighter, Delta, Tie, and Aniken Modified).

Target Germantown - See of Peg warmers. (Organas, SL Koons, Yarnas, Evka). The did have some Clones and older wave figures. Two Sarlacc Pit Battle Packs and Monastery BPs. My boys specifiacally asked for a CW Anakin the other day. He has a SL Darth Vader (ante-lava bath), but wants a CW one. Since the Monastery BP has a Super Articulated Anakin, I know that I will be picking that one up soon.

Target Gaithersburg (RIO) - Sea of Peg Warmers, but a lot of older wave CW figures (Yoda, OB1, Anakin, Asoka, Clones, Asajj). Sarlacc and Christophis battle Packs $55. Several Monastery BPs also. Decent selections of vehicles that are still under $20.

Toys R US - Gaithersburg - Most Generous Sea of Peg Warmers. No CW figures at all. They actually sort between the CW and SL figures here and all the CW pegs where empty. They did have some later SL figures (arc trooper, arc commander, Holo Dooku) A lot of Bane Malar, and Imperial Guard figures here for some reason.

Also: Plenty of Tie Fighters and B-Wing fighters @ $40. For some reason there are also a lot of old Hoth Battle Packs with a Tauntaun and Wompa (like 8x). 1 ARC-179 and 1 AT-TE, and an assortment of vehicles.

That's it for today.

jedisquared

Sith Lord
Reaction score

Laurel WalMart still had Clone Emp/ Quinlan Vos/Cmdr. Faie(camo outfit) comic 2-packs if anyone needs. No wave 5 here. Laurel Target had zip, except for some CW wave 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.