Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC)V.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've always wanted to start one! Now I can say i've done it!

Columbia target had shelves cleared in anticipation for clone wars stuff. Had one AT out but was putting it back in the stockroom, when they were told not till saturday!

Reaction score
Looks like Woodstock Walmart's not getting in AT-TEs or Falcons. They have alot of figures and vehicles EVOS and voice changers. Also they got in one box of the new battle packs. (2 Imp. white Scouts on speeders and clone on Barc speeders) 2 each.

Reaction score
Re: Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC

Had legacy wave in hand and again at Columbia Wally, denied at register.
They wouldnt even hold them. They all think the item is recalled. I had to explain the shelf date thing! Oh well, i was trying to avoid tonight, but i guess i'll go do it.

Who else is hunting at midnight?

Reaction score

$8 figures is forcing me to sit this out too - which is a HUGE bummer because these big planned releases are so few and far between. That being said, Im pretty confident I'll be able to get everything I want 4-6 months from now for alot less since it seems like there's going to be plenty of product.

Baileys X Rds Target had Order 66 Packs clearanced at $2.48 - but only had Master Sev and Luminara packs. They had 6 Rancors at $27.98 earlier in the week, but are all gone now. Not sure how low they ended getting clearanced, but Im sure someone must have gotten a great deal!

Happy hunting tonight/tomorrow! And don't trample anyone for these silly UGH stickered figures...probably the worst UGH promotion ever!

Reaction score

Glassman6 said:
Who else is hunting at midnight?

I'll be out just for fun, but I don't really think I would miss anything if I didn't go.
It's just that this doesn't happen often, so might as well enjoy it. Besides, I have a long way to go to catch up with you guys.

Reaction score

Heads up everyone.

Due to the nature of the Legacy repacks...I am seeing RAMPANT cases of @$$holes tearning out the build-a-droid pieces & clone parts and leaving the figs.

Reaction score

I heard north Glen Burnie K-mart jumped the street date by several hours on new SW goodies. Happy hunting!

Reaction score

WOW DJ - I have not seen this near me, as I have seen none of these figs on pegs - folks have been vigilant for the most part, in sticking to the street date. WM this AM had some battle packs out, I tried bringing them to the register but was denied - told I had to wait until tomorrow.

I did manage a Padme Evolutions from Target via DCPI at Customer Service, but really wanted a pilot set, which they said they didn't have, which perplexed me. It wasn't in the new case, and he said all of the cases he had were the same.

Again, I can't do MM, and with Swim Team Divisionals tomorrow from 5:45am - 2pm, I'm hoping that by 3pm, I'll get to check out what's left.

I'm going to assume, based on $8/fig and $4/gal gas, that maybe this stuff will stick around - plus there doesn't seem to be any "I must get this" exciting figs like the McQuarries from last year.

Reaction score

I'm back from TRU-columbia and to my surprise, the figures rang up at 6.99. The register read "promo" So maybe it was just for tonight. I would have bought a few extra fiss if i had known.

Since i scored the CW figs earlier, i was just after the legacy wave1. Got em. Padme evolutions and 1st day issue capt rex.

I'll pick up legacy wave 2 hopefully soon.

Reaction score

Hit the glen burnie one. It was pretty busy. I got about 8 figures and all the ships (fLACON, AT-TE, and Spiderdroid0 but did get the v-19. I also got the Padme 3 pack and picked the rebel pilot set 2. I got the Holo GG as well luckly the run out.

Reaction score

No Midnight Madness at our TRU, but Wal-mart brought their stuff out at 12.
Picked up the Falcon, V-19 Torrent, Spider Droid, Hoth Recon BP, Legacy wave 1 & 2, plus a CW Grievous.

Also got a bunch of Indy stuff in the mail today from another scummer: Cargo Truck, Troop Car, German w/Motorcycle, German 2 pack, Belloq, and a couple of Indys.

Reaction score

went to the columbia toysrus. picked up alot including all of legacy wave 1 and most of wave 2. the 2 big vehicles, 3 evolution packs, and the homing spider. the big surprise for me was that they had the dagger squadron b-wing.
anybody that go to this toysrus see the evolution rebel pilots series 1(w/ wes janson) or the v-19?

Reaction score

Glen Burnie TRU was a joke...I put back the little bit I had when the free holo giveaway ran out. GB Super Wally had plenty of Falcon & AT-TE goodness up front in big merchandisers. Missed Series 1 Evo Rebel set, but managed to dig up 3 out of 8 Legacy wave 2; plus V-19 & Spider. Scalpers everywhere grabbing 1st day issues. Hah!

Reaction score

...also just grabbed SDCC exclusive CW Senate Security from ShopSW.com.

Reaction score

I think it was crap that Glen Burnie TRU ran out of the Holo Grevious so quickly. Poor planning on the part of TRU.
Just got back from N. Glen Burnie Wally & Target. The Wally didn't have any new stock out. Maybe they forgot? The Target only had Legacy Wave 1 Figures out, no clones, even thought they have all signs up. The did have plenty of evolutions and $20 vehicles. Got the V-19. They only had one Falcon and no AT-TE's out. Probably had 6 Commander Foxs left. Happy hunting.

Reaction score

Also, HasbroToyShop.com has Wave 2 Legacy up for pre-order for right now. Rather not pay shipping charges personally for something that is floating around in stores right now.

Reaction score

Kingstown MM was pretty packed - probably about 50 people there (incl. kids). Didnt grab anything since by the time I got in the first few had pretty much grabbed everything.

They only had 36 holo Grievous figures - so not enough for everyone. Didnt get anything but saw pretty much everything they had in stock.

TRU basics are ringing up @ $6.99 - which is definitely nice.

Reaction score

Picked up Series 1 Evo pilots at Catonsville TRU...another interesting story. They have Holo Grievous but won't give out until tomorrow(Sun) at 10 am...something to do with their flyer & not being a MM store. They said to bring in your receipt. GB was a joke, like the aforementioned north Chhesapeake location(heard a rumour some were waiting till 12 noon). Laurel, Ellicott City & Catonsville Wallys had no new figures out. The place to go I heard is Annapolis TRU...they even have Holo giveaways left this am, also tons of Evo. Rebel Pilots Series 1.

Reaction score

The hanover walmart also has lots of figures and ships. They was able to pick all the 1st day releases for the BAD and clone wars. I also picked up the V-19, the second wave of evols set and also got all 3 of the battlepacks(Hoth Speeder Patrol, Recon Patrol on Hoth, and Clone Wars: Speeder Bike Team Recon.

As of noon, the tons of all ships and all figures. I also picked up Commander Fox at target when they opend up at 8.

So now I only missing suba, tin, padme , auarren and clone trooper from wave 2

Reaction score

Had fun at the Columbia TRU last night. Sure wish I knew some of your faces. I was the guy with the camcorder handing out the checklists. I'm also the guy in the picture on the main page about to get my head sliced off by Vader.

You know you're welcome to come check us, the DCSWCC, out anytime. Our next meeting just happens to be next Saturday the 2nd at the library in Odenton. You'll get to see yourselves up on the big screen.

I'm guessing one of you is also the guy I bumped into at the Laurel Target this morning.

Reaction score

...also heard from another collector that those big WalMart floor merchandisers w/figures may not have all 8 Legacy wave 2..can anyone confirm? Did anyone buy SL with clone footlocker...what's inside??? Also picked up a neat book at Wally for only $13 & change-the DK Clone Wars Visual Guide. Don't read too far into it if you get it...lots of spoilers on the movie. Good luck this w/e!

Reaction score

JediTom, check(call 1st) Annapolis TRU...they had all the ones you're missing from wave 2.

Reaction score

starwarsdaddy, that might have been me this am(Jon) at Laurel Target...your wife collects Galactic Heroes, right?

Reaction score

Nope. My wife doesn't collect anything Star Wars related. I was there around 10:45 with my daughters.

Reaction score

jedisquared said:
...also heard from another collector that those big WalMart floor merchandisers w/figures may not have all 8 Legacy wave 2..can anyone confirm?

Out of the two Wal-Marts I stopped at last night,
one of the shippers had no Padmes or Lancers, and I didn't look close enough , but I didn't see any Saesee Tiins either,
the other had them, but VERY few, I think only two Saesees, two Lancers and one Padme.

Stopped at the new Target and picked up Evo Padme and Evo Rebels #2.
Evo Rebels #1 seems to be the hard one to find.

Reaction score

Funny, casue all I saw was Padme and tinn. No lancer or scuba...etc.
I went around to targets and wallmart's this am. I was at Laurel Target this morning with my daughter.
I saw a guy there with 2 kids, who may have been at Columbia TRU last night, now that i think of it. You were like 1st in the door last night?
I picked up the evo packs( pilot and clone pilot) at laurel target, and Tinn at Columbia target.
Laurel wally had nothing really. I didnt see any figures.
I also got the speeder packs at columbia wally.

Reaction score

Was told the same thing about non MM TRU's not having Grievous until tommorrow. But if you bring a receipt from today they'll give you one.

I didnt realize the UGH promo carried into the LC series too. Saw the UGH Gree, Kashyk Trooper, Battle Damage Vader, Ak-Rev, Gargan and Evo Trooper at TRU and Target. Tough to pass on those - but I did.

I did cave though, and picked up Padme, Quarren and Calamari basics. Those were just too good to pass up on!

Reaction score

Flacksguy said:
Evo Rebels #1 seems to be the hard one to find.
try the columbia target. at about noon today they had about 30 evolution sets and they were all fett legacy and rebels series 1.

Reaction score

imo the laurel and columbia walmarts r usually horrible for finding anything star wars. i did pick up legacy wave 2 padme in columbia today tho.

Reaction score

starwarsdaddy said:
Had fun at the Columbia TRU last I'm guessing one of you is also the guy I bumped into at the Laurel Target this morning.
at around 11am? that was me.

Reaction score

gb sux for all things star wars
i too heard that tru will have holo tomorrow
anybody get pics with the sandy at GB he looked cool

i have only been seeing wave 2 at tru
did get a fox at gb target they had 5 left of him and about 8 figures total in aisle

Reaction score

...I won't argue that Glen Burnie retailers seemed mismanaged this weekend. Anyone still searching for Rebel Evo. #1...I think TRU(not GB) is your best bet.

Reaction score

The Severn Super WM had the scuba and tinn as of two hours ago. Didn't see any padmes though. They were on one of the end caps and not in the main seciton.

Reaction score

Flacks - I can't find Rebel Pilots Series 2, but I found about 6 Series 1 - all at Target by me....

Reaction score

Yeah, acave told me he found some series 1 down by him, so I guess different stores are getting different case assortments.
Would've been nice to have all the new ones come in one case, but oh well. After all the money I've spent the last couple of days, I'm not in a hurry to get it.

Reaction score

North Glen Burnie WalMart still didn't have piece one of 7/26 SW out. North Target had vehicles, some Legacy & CW wave 1(some 1st day issue left, mostly battle droids); but no Cmdr. Fox left; TRU got 2 boxes of Holo Grievous...only problem is they have no restock on figures-just some R2 & Anakins, some mid-size vehicles...but they DID have Dagger Squadron B-wing out(I saw 3).

Reaction score

South GB Target has a large section of NOTHING --- not sure if it had figures yesterday, but here are no tags on the pegs and a sign that says 'we are creating' so I doubt they even put stuff out. All CW stuff is on end caps with tons of CDR Fox if anyone is looking for them.

Super WM restocked over night, more of the Probe Droid & Speederbike BPs and full pegs of figures, including the end racks.

Reaction score

I was in Abingdon Maryland at picked up all of wave 2 (legacy) for only 5 dollars each at Walmart off 24. I also got the new B-wing at the Abington Md Toys r us.

Reaction score

I was able to pick-up 1st wave of Clone Wars, first 2 waves of Legacy BD, first 4 Legacy GH figures and first 11 Legacy SL figures plus the First Day Issues of Clone Wars, Legacy BD and Legacy GH this weekend at the Staunton Wal-Mart. They opened up the big center-aisle displays right at midnight. They had the aisle already setup at 10:00 PM. but you couldn't checkout until midnight.

The Waynesboro Wal-Mart hasn't put out anything but the Falcon, AT-TE and some sabers. They created a new section for Star Wars but, as of this morning, nothing has been hung yet. I was quite surprised!

I was little disappointed in Target. They had plenty of the exclusive figures but everything else was pretty slim. And the figures are a dollar more than anywhere else!!!

Reaction score

Hey, welcome to the boards El Kamino!
Nice to see another collector out here in the Valley, along with myself and acave.

Status
Not open for further replies.