Recent Acquisitions--30th Anniversary(VA/MD/DC)V.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Spotter Thread

...north GB Wally must have moved the pallets to the back(as I stated, these were NOT in section like the comics). They're probably waiting for endcap or modular island space to distribute.

Reaction score

Germantown Wal Mart was loaded with the Droid Factory and Comic 2pks.

Reaction score

The Dumfries walmart had 1 of the comic packs. It was the Lando with stormtrooper, however the pack had been opened and the trooper swaped out for a normal stormtrooper.

Reaction score

Picked up 1 each of the all the new comic packs except the E3 one. Tons of each of these on an endcap. Also grabbed 1 each of the build-a-droid sets - tons of these, too. One of my Targets got 2 mor Rancor's, bringing their total to 4....I'm hoping they go on clearance.....

Reaction score

Picked a bunch of the Order 66 at $5 to $6 a piece at various Targets. I also picked up a Rancor at the Leesburg Target for 27.00 on clearence. They had a bunch.

Reaction score

The dumfries target had Order 66 (mostly at-rt drivers) for $5 and a Rancor for $19.99. The rancor wasn't priced but scanning it brought the price up. The Manassas Super Target and Potomac Mills target have the 2 at 30% off.

Reaction score

North Glen Burnie Target had the aforementioned Battle Rancors & Order 66 tubes 1/2 price. Whoknew?

Reaction score

i picked up a rancor and two of the order 66 at 4 today

got two transformers for the little guy on clearance too
he likes the cars

still no sign of the build a driod at the north gb wally world

Reaction score

...honestly, there are 6-8 merchandisers sitting on pallets in the back. I haven't seen the dept. head to ask...do they think these are part of the new 7/26 push? I saw no street date listed on boxes. I don't know what they're waiting for...other MD Wallys have put them out.

Reaction score

This has got to be a sign of the times. Last week Pelleon reported lots of Droid factory and Comic packs at Germantown wally. I went there today, a week later, and there were lots of Droid factory and Comic packs at Germantown wally!

I guess people have cut back on the hunts since everything costs so much these days.

I grabbed one of each droid factory and 2 of the 3 comic packs. Clone and Stormtrooper. Could do without yet another Dooku and Anikin.

Reaction score

Agree - saw a bunch of these at my local WM two weeks ago, along with Comic 2-packs, and I don't think many have moved. Also, a ton of Order66 packs and Rancor's at 30% off at 2 Targets...They don't seem to be moving, either, but it's only been 2-3 days. Plus, if you watch Target's prices, 50%off can't be far...but I'm not sure if they will stick around to 75% off.

Reaction score

I love how Hasrbo issued that notice that Target wasn't going to put this round of Order 66 packs on clearance only to have them unloading them a month later.

The WM Target had what seemed like an entire endcap full two months after I saw any on their shelves. It's hard to sell product in today's climate, but even harder when it's not on the shelves to actually be purchased!!!

Reaction score

Thats a good point too. I really think people just have less "spending money" these days so we will see clogged pegs till end of november.

Reaction score

I know I've sure cut back - gas prices are killing me.

For the first time I'm actually contemplating fully giving up on the collecting - if not drastically reducing what it is I collect. I've already cut back on hunting to where I only go when I need something else - and even then, I try to limit my trips to once a week, or even once every other week.

With gas as high as it is (and food fast catching up) my discretionary income is disappearing fast. So its either cut back on savings - or on hobbies. Kind of a no-brainer.

Right now Im just trying to modify behavior - but if gas hits $5 - then its going to be hard to keep up.

Reaction score

I think there just isn't a whole lot out right now worth going out hunting considering the price of gas.

Reaction score

I have leaned more towards online purchases since mail is now cheaper than searching for things...

Reaction score

My trip home from work passes 2 targets and a walmart, so my usual hunting trips don't cost much in gas. So instead I'm stuck not being able to justify the higher prices online for the items I can't find in stores (this means you covert ops clonetrooper).

Reaction score

If anybody is looking for the Last Crusade wave of Indy figures, they are up now at HasbroToyShop.com.

Reaction score

I can confirm that Glen Burnie TRU WILL be participating in the Midnight Madness for CW movie 7/26.

Reaction score

aftepes said:
I love how Hasrbo issued that notice that Target wasn't going to put this round of Order 66 packs on clearance only to have them unloading them a month later.
There are a ton of Order 66 on clearance at the Abingdon, MD Target- also some Rancors for 1/2 off.

Reaction score

I can confirm that Winchester TRU will not have a midnight mad.

Reaction score

Found the newest GH's at the Target in Columbia today. I picked up The Shaak Ti and Plo Koon packs.

Reaction score

...No, what were some other city considerations? Laurel WalMart had Wally-only comic two-packs.

Reaction score

That would be great C5 is held in our own backyard, since the east coast has yet to hold one. I know my kids and I would have a blast.

Reaction score

North GB WalMart had exclusive comic packs back in stock, as well as FU wave.

Reaction score

FU wave sounds so wrong
. Anybody see the Mygeeto Battle pack in the area?

Reaction score

Saw that battle pack in the Laurel Target early last week --- but haven't seen it since

Reaction score

I haven't seen it since I bought it weeks ago(Target). Does anyone have the Target DPCI# for new Evolutions assortment? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score

Laurel WalMart had 8-10 merchandisers out of Droid Factory 2-packs. They are on a rear endcap adjacent to toys facing bike wall where helmets & access. hang.

Reaction score
Clones Wars have landed!!!

I saw a pallet display of clone wars stuff at the bel-air wal-mart. I could only see the stuff on the buttom since it looked like it was tampered with. Saw the different vehicles and I got to mess around with the Clone helmet. Overall pretty neat but I want to see some figures. Also the pallet had no dates on it it just said rush to floor so they may have put the things out

Reaction score
Re: Clones Wars have landed!!!

...nothing as cool as what Johnny5 saw, but north Glen Burnie Wally set up their endcap of Droid Factory 2-packs, with at least 10 merchandisers out(2 complete sets of 6 in @).

Reaction score
Re: Clones Wars have landed!!!

Johnny5 said:
I saw a pallet display of clone wars stuff at the bel-air wal-mart. I could only see the stuff on the buttom since it looked like it was tampered with. Saw the different vehicles and I got to mess around with the Clone helmet. Overall pretty neat but I want to see some figures. Also the pallet had no dates on it it just said rush to floor so they may have put the things out
I saw the same thing down here. Also saw some of the regular pallets with a bunch of various star wars cases on it. Many of those had visible 7/26/08 street dates on them. Saw a 'SW GH Cinema Scenes W0.5R1 O8' box as well. Curious about the .5 wave number. Also so a playdoh box with a streetdate of 8/1/08.

Reaction score
Target Clearance

North Glen Burnie Target had pretty much its remaining stock of Stars Wars stuff on clearance, minus the Star Wars Transformers. Just thought I would spread the word.

Reaction score

One of the Wal-Marts around here put out two fresh cases....

..of Saga Legends!! The older assortments, with the extra 501st Troopers in them!
Come on WM, get with the times.

Reaction score

...I guess they are, according to the front page news story. They have things broken down by street date thru Sept., and it looks like they're going to follow it.

Reaction score

Woodstock Walmart got in the new vehicles but was unable to get them last night street date was 7/26 would not sell them to me.

Reaction score

If the store people don't catch the st. date, the registers will flag them for sure. I've read reports like this all across the country.

Reaction score

Just a reminder...the SW Hallmark ornaments are put out today, with the Emp's Royal Guard this w/e only(like Tuskan last year). F.Y.I. These go fast! Many Hallmark stores are opening at 8 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.