Recent Acquisitions #2

Reaction score
just half an hour ago a few minutes ago today, i went to the thrift store downtown to look around and they have bunch of old books in stock. All of the Left Behind books especially the first Left Behind book so I bough that along with Anne Rice's Merrick. paperback books were half off so I bought Merrick and Left Behind where they were 50 cents each.

So I found some good old stuff that i always wanted but i really didnt need them that badly or anything but 50 cents each a good deal anyway

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Awesome stuff in this thread! I was in Victoria BC for work and I went into a comic shop to pick up the modern continuation of the vintage marvel Star Wars comics (#108) and I found this cool 1978 “Drive yourself Crazy - Annual Idiot Issue” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]which features a great graphic of some character (that I don’t recognize) playing Pong on Darth Vader’s chest plate. I picked this up for it’s original retail price of one dollar. [/FONT]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Ive been out of town all day today and I did the 2 hour road trip just to go to Barnes and Noble and the usual comic book shop.

From Barnes and Noble, i bought 3 books and a bookmark. The books I bought

Star Wars Choices of One. ill be reading it after I read Allegiance
Alloy of Law and Shadows of Self. It'll be quite awhile whenever I get to these sequels to Mistborn since im busy with Wheel of Time at the moment

Reaction score
The Millennium Falcon ones are superb.

My copy of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn: Treason just arrived. Good cover.

Reaction score
I found Star Wars Battlefront Twilight Company for paperback from the Barnes and Noble store but also bough these books and a magazine

Star Wars The Last Jedi novelization
Mistborn: Bands of Mourning
Star Wars Battlefront Twilight Company
Star Wars Insider # 191. Bought it because Return of the Jedi was my first star wars movie and it was shown at the drive in theater. Plus the magazine issue has stuff about the Super Star Wars SNES games which is a bonus

Reaction score
Earlier today i went to the downtown thrift store and found an old timey Star Wars paperback for 50 cents and its in great shape too

Han Solo and the Lost Legacy

ive heard about it but i never had the luxury of reading it back in the day. Heck I dont think that book was even around when I was a little kid in the early 1980s

Reaction score
Earlier today i went to the downtown thrift store and found an old timey Star Wars paperback for 50 cents and its in great shape too

Han Solo and the Lost Legacy

ive heard about it but i never had the luxury of reading it back in the day. Heck I dont think that book was even around when I was a little kid in the early 1980s
It was around. There's a whole trilogy of them...Han Solo at Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. The first two were released in 1979 and Lost Legacy was released in 1980. All three are fantastic...and way better than any of the other "modern" Expanded Universe books IMO.

Reaction score
I love the Han Solo books. I was lucky to get them all in one collected Hardcover from a book club in the 90s. Got the lando ones too but never read them...

Reaction score
I went to a thrift store earlier today and found the old paperbacks of Forrest Gump and the sequel Gump and Co./Company

Ive always wanted to read the sequel novel Gump and Co but it was always hard to find even back then

Reaction score
the new Stephen King hardcover novel The Institute came in the mail this morning. Id love to read it but im busy with Star Wars books and Wheel of Time books

Reaction score
I've been picking up the Blade Runner 2019 comic. Specifically, the Syd Mead cover variants. Up to #4 which I picked up last week.