Recent Acquisitions #2

Reaction score
The Hardback novelisation of The Last Jedi.

Looking forward to the slew of Solo books that will be released later in the year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love those sourcebooks. Some great writing in them. Always try to pick them up when I find them in the wild!
I have the first 5 Galaxy Guides, the 1st edition sourcebook (hardcover) and the RPG book from the early 90s when I was 16 and playing the game. Always regretted not getting more.
In the wild I didn't encounter these for almost 20 years... until last summer when a box popped up at a convention, but they were pricey.
Last saturday I found these.... for € 5 each (that's $ 6). When I heard they were this cheap I bought the lot minus the ones I already had.
Bargain of the year? The Rebel book has a nick on the spine but all others were in pristine condition. It would surprise me if they have ever been read.

Reaction score
TWD,

If there were pictures in your last 2 posts before this one, they aren't showing up. Curious to see what they were.
That's weird!

http://starwarsawakens.nl/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_03/Bookz.jpg.fd1d889e604dbb2a23ab9f3fa2c4b3f5.jpg
http://starwarsawakens.nl/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_03/20180329_211949.thumb.jpg.69456315290fd109501617ad72aceb9d.jpg
http://starwarsawakens.nl/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_03/VP.jpg.3c865472ae0a9774a4a4616c0c964993.jpg

1st ed. Hardcovers of:
-Vector Prime
-Balance Point
-Star by Star
-The Crystal Star

1st ed. softcover:
-Traitor

Hardcovers of vintage West End Games sourcebooks from the early 90's:
-Heir to the Empire sourcebook
-Dark Force Rising sourcebook
-The Last Command sourcebook
-Dark Empire sourcebook
-Rebel Alliance sourcebook
-Imperial sourcebook

Softcovers of vintage West End Games books:
-Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
Adventure Journal 1, 2, 3 and 4

Last edited:
Reaction score
finally ordered the The Rebel Files Deluxe Edition, only 60.00 shipped brand new via eBay, awesome! was no less than 80.00 last few months, glad I listened to ol' Ben Kenobi (patience).

Reaction score
Nice find.

My copy of the Chronicles Star Wars model book just arrived from HobbyLink Japan.

Looking forward to leafing through this.

Reaction score
Star Wars: Last Shot.

It's got a double sided dust jacket, which is pretty cool. One side is Han Solo, the other is Lando Calrissian.

Reaction score
Yesterday I was out of town all day and hung out at Wal-Mart for an hour or so and bought the new Star Wars Battlefront II Inferno Squad for paperback

Reaction score
Have picked up quite a few HC SW books in the past month:

McQuarrie art books set
Star Wars Chronicles
Prequels Chronicles
Star Wars Costumes
Art of Rogue One
Star Wars Illustrations (got this one at a used book store for $17)
Ewoks Story from ROTJ softcover (had this as a kid and cost me $2)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardcover Haul.
Good deal of what? I picked this up on friday: 10 first edition hardcovers; 8 in Mint state, 2 Near Mint. I paid € 75 (€ 7,50 per book). I already had the Thrawn trilogy as first ed. paperback (bought when they were released) but not as a fancy HC!
I also bought a mint Lando Calrissian Adventures book (from 1994) for € 4 a couple of days ago.
Excellent pickups and good reading right there!

Reaction score
Recently which was like a week ago I bought the paperback of Star Wars Battlefront II Inferno Squad. Can't wait to read it

Reaction score
oh yeah. I also bought 3 hardcover collections of two old Star Wars book series and Darth Maul Shadow Hunter from a rummage sale earlier today too. They were a dollar each and the hardcovers are in great shape too

the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy hardcover
Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy hardcover
Darth Maul Shadow Hunter hardcover.

ive read the Bounty Hunter Wars books in paperback years ago and they were pretty good I thought.

I never had the chance to read the old Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter Ill read after Im done reading my paperback copy of Darth Plageous

Reaction score
Finally completed my collection of new canon all in hardback. I managed to avoid the crazy ebay prices for hardback books and picked this up on Facebook for £2 :D

Reaction score
I got Coruscabt Nights 1 Jedi Twilight paperback in the mail this morning.

I'll read it later this summer since I'm still reading David Drake's Servant of the Dragon currently.

Reaction score
Lords of the Sith is really good for a post Revenge of the Sith novel to read through but I still prefer the previous Dark Lord Rise of Darth Vader novel and the Force Unleashed novels and the Coruscant Nights books including book 4 which is Last Jedi. Yes a previous Last Jedi novel which is part of the Coruscant NIghts books.

Reaction score
My girlfriend bought me this a couple of days ago for my birthday. Ralph McQuarrie concept art box set. 2 absolutely huge beautiful books around 400 pages each with all the concept art from the original trilogy.

Reaction score
Did my book shopping at Barnes and Noble Friday when I was out of town.

Alien movie novelization
Star Wars Dark Disciple
Star Wars Rogue One Catalyst
Mistborn

Reaction score
I went to the Walmart store yesterday and bought the still brand new hardcover Volume 1 of Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive. 27 bucks not too bad for a nice looking hardcover.

Im also surprised a Volume 3 is coming soon in November I think? Volume 3 is supposed to have old artwork etc for Final Fantasy X, XI, XII and XIII

Reaction score
Also, The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary and some non-SW books (some already acquired, some on order):

Ant-Man: Natural Enemy by Jason Starr
The Ant Men by Eric North
Deadpool: Paws by Stefan Ptrucha
The Fog by Dennis Etchison
Ghostbusters: The Ultimate Visual History by Daniel Wallace
Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization by Greg Cox
Halloween II by Jack Martin (actually Dennis Etchison writing under a pseudonym)
Pet Sematary by Stephen King

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Force Awakens and Last Jedi Visual hardcover books are they any good to just casually look through or are they a waste of money?

Reaction score
I found and bought an issue of Star Wars Insider while i was at a Shopko store a day ago. I havent bought or even read an isuse of Star Wars Insider since 14 years ago.

the newest or still new recent issue I bought was of the one with Luke in his X Wing outfit.

also theres another newish isuse where it has Darth Vader in front a white background.

Reaction score
I couldn't seem to find my copy of The Phantom Menace so picked up this nice Maul cover version for the hardcover collection.

Reaction score
two days ago I was out of town and went to the Barnes and Noble store and bought a couple of books

Mistborn book 2
Dean Koontz's Frankenstein book 2 of his Frankenstein book series
some Irish historical book thats about Irish racial culture that talks about various things like St Patrick, Irish missionaries, the great famine, etc. its a hardcover book that was on sae for 9 bucks in a little aisle that had bunch of historical books on sale