Recent Acquisitions #2

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As promised in the last thread, here are photos of my Splinter of the Mind's Eye First Edition Hard Cover novel.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
As promised in the last thread, here are photos of my Splinter of the Mind's Eye First Edition Hard Cover novel.

KICK A**!!! I am jealous.

Reaction score
I got "Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor" in paperback today.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
KillerVole said:
I got "Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor" in paperback today.
I quite enjoyed that story.

Reaction score
I got a perfect (not-sticky) copy of The Complete Vader from Amazon.co.uk today. Excited to check it out in detail, but looks like a lot of fun.

Reaction score
I got the same book, First Edition: Splinters of the Mind's Eye, from the school library. They were cleaning out the old books and a fellow teacher, who knew I was a SW fan, picked it up. They markered out the school library stamp, and the cover has an old ID label, but all and all still in good shape.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
spires75 said:
I got the same book, First Edition: Splinters of the Mind's Eye, from the school library. They were cleaning out the old books and a fellow teacher, who knew I was a SW fan, picked it up. They markered out the school library stamp, and the cover has an old ID label, but all and all still in good shape.
Very cool!

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
spires75 said:
Very cool!
I found my copy at antique store about 10 years ago buried in a box of old books. It's in great shape and think I paid like $2 for it. I love that book.

Reaction score
I picked up a few today:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Gambit (Hardback)
Star Wars: Crosscurrent (Paperback)
Star Wars: The Shadows of mindor (Paperback reprint)
Star Wars: Vader (I need to double check, but it would appear that the pages are OK on this one.)

Fifth Edition Star Wars collectors wishbook (Hardback). I get the impression that this is a lot like Guss and Duncan's guide to collectibles, so i'm looking forward to taking a look at this one too.

Just waiting for the Millennium Falcon in paperback and the next LOTF Hardback.

Reaction score
FINALLY got my Hardcover version of Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Gambit. Was really concerned that it was lost in the mail!

Reaction score
I picked up Deathtroopers for five bucks at a thrift store. It's the only way I get hardcovers. I hope it's good.

Reaction score
Found a hardcover collection of the Thrawn Trilogy this weekend. It collects the three trades into one hc volume. I'd never seen this one before so when I saw it I had to get it.

Reaction score
I saw that last week at Barnes & Noble. Looked like a cool book. If I didn't already have all the comics, I'd have picked it up. Still might if they ever mark it down a little.

Reaction score
I just picked up the paperback release of Millennium Falcon.

Reaction score
I have to run out and get Entertainment Weekly!

Hit the Media-UP library sale this weekend and picked up the following:

Paperbacks:

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
Darth Bane: Rule of Two
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
Han Solo Trilogy: Rebel Dawn
Allegiance
The Mandalorian Armor
Slave Ship
Hard Merchandise
Planet of Twilight
Survivor’s Quest
Tales from the Mos Eisley Cnatina
Tales from the Bounty Hunters
Tales from the Empire
The Lost City of the Jedi

Young Jedi Knight series:
Heirs of the Force
The Shadow Academy
The Lost Ones
Lightsabers
Darkest Knight
Jedi Under Siege
Shards of Alderaan
Diversity Alliance
Delusions of Grandeur
Jedi Bounty
The Emperor's Plague

Hardbacks:
Death Star
The Force Unleashed
Invincible

Not ex-library, donations from patrons. Almost every book is in excellent condition (only two have any real flaws – small bends on the covers). These, a few other Arthurian books I’ve been looking for, ran me a grand total of $23.50.

I love library sales.

Reaction score
I absolutely love library sales here in the Philly area.

Besides what I bought, they had TWO complete sets of the NJO, most of the earlier post-OT novels and a complete Jedi Apprentice set. And the one volunteer working the sale told me they were light on SW this year!

There's two more great sales next weekend, when I hope I can round out the collection.

Reaction score
Just picked up Coruscant Nights 2: Street of Shadows.
I'll start it as soon as I finish the book I'm working on form that "other" franchise.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got these from the comic shop the other day:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #49, #50
Star Wars: Legacy #44, #45
Star Wars: Purge
Star Wars: Dark Times #15, #16
Star Wars: Insider #115 (Collectors' Edition)
Star Wars: Insider #116 (Collectors' Edition)
Star Wars: Insider #117 (Exclusive Collectors' Cover)
Star Wars: Adventures - Luke Skywalker and the Treasure of the Dragonsnakes

Reaction score
Picked up the Outcast paperback edition. It looks hideous next to the other Star Wars books. The FotJ cover scheme baffles me.

Reaction score
I got the Outcast paperback as well. You can't say the bright cover doesn't catch your eye. I read it as a hardcover, and thought it was ok. I'll know soon if a second reading helps me think more favorably of the book (The Force Unleashed), or confirms my "ok" original status (Millennium Falcon).

Reaction score
KillerVole said:
Picked up the Outcast paperback edition....
Found this at Wal-Mart ($5.97 pre-tax). I hadn't realized the release was scheduled, if I hadn't read it on this thread I would've missed it.

Reaction score
Just got the Hardcover of The Complete Making of Indiana Jones by Rinzler. Haven't peeked at it yet, but I was glad to get the HC edition for pretty cheap (around $40).

It isn't pristine--the DJ has a couple of wrinkles and imprints, but no out-and-out tears, and once I get it in mylar it'll be fine.

Hope it's as good as The Making of SW was.

Reaction score
picked up the star wars lego visual dictionary at my daughter's school book fair. didn't come with the mini-fig though

Reaction score
I finally got a copy of the "Fate of the Jedi: Backlash" in Hardback.

I also came across a "Scanimation" book that was pretty cool.

Reaction score
Increased my collection of books and trades at a recent con. Picked up:
Specter of the Past
Vision of the Future
Tag & Bink Were Here TPB
Inifinates: A New Hope TPB
Darth Maul TPB

Reaction score
I bought SW Essential Atlas the other day.

I am hoping to find that HC Thrawn Trilogy soon.

Reaction score
The Essential Atlas is a fantastic reference guide, but mine started falling apart almost immediately. I'll replace it eventually. Anyone find Allies or the Omen PB yet?

Reaction score
I got "Omen" at Borders today, with a coupon. It's tiny—under 300 pages. I'm glad I don't collect hardcovers; these short books would be killer in expense. Also, still dislike the covers. They're fine on their own, but next to other books... ugh.

Reaction score
SFBC For Trade

I've been having pretty good luck lately at my local used book store finding Science Fiction Book Club hardcover editins. I've got extra copies of NJO: Agents of Chaos, NJO: Dark Tide, and The Corellian Trilogy. I purchased all used so they are in used condition with shelf wear.

I need the following SFBC hardcover edition:

NJO: Force Heretic (3 in 1)
NJO: The Final Prophecy
Star Wars Tales (3 in 1)

Reaction score
Re: SFBC For Trade

Wandered into another library sale and came out with hardbacks for Heir to the Empire, The Approaching Storm and Legacy of the Jedi, plus The Desperate Mission (Last of the Jedi #1). And a slew of non-SW books as well!

Reaction score
Last week, I got the Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back radio plays on cassette tape for $1.50 total at a thrift store.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Star Wars: Legacy #46,47,48
Star Wars: Invasion Rescues #1A

Reaction score
Finally got a decent Flamewind of Oseon HC. Next goal is Mindharp, though there's not a huge rush on that.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Imrahil2001 said:
Finally got a decent Flamewind of Oseon HC. Next goal is Mindharp, though there's not a huge rush on that.
Wha--, splutter, OMG! That's great! Always a hard commodity to find (at a decent price that is). Just got me one of them nice new Jo Chen covers for the DH 100 Invasion-Rescues #1.

Reaction score
I got Han Solo and the Lost Legacy in paperback for 75 cents at a flea market. I now have the non-omnibus editions of all the Han Solo adventures. Now to find the Lando ones.