Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Re: Recent DVD Purchases

Ewok_Slayer said:
Neal said:
Ewok_Slayer said:
Tomorrow I'm getting Knocked up, Superman: Doomsday and Maybe the Blade: House of Ctchu or whatever it's called.
I believe that Knocked Up comes out on the 25th, which isn't until next week.
You're right I got a little excited
Katherine Heigl can do that to a person.

Reaction score

I went to Movie Gallery last night and got each of these for $7.50
The Last Mimzy
Zodiac
Hot Fuzz

Reaction score

Ewok_Slayer said:
I went to Movie Gallery last night and got each of these for $7.50
The Last Mimzy
Zodiac
Hot Fuzz
You're lucky, Hot Fuzz hasn't even come out in theaters over here, and I saw an imported DVD on sale for (the equivalent of) 45 dollars!

Reaction score

Hot Fuzz for $7.50 is a definite steal. One of my favorite movies and I paid the full $20 for it on DVD. I only paid $7.50 for Shaun of the Dead, though.

Reaction score

The last two DVDs I got were City of God and the Criterion Collection Seven Samurai. Both are pretty great.

Reaction score

I want the Criterion collection Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but I dont want to spend $35

Reaction score

finally had the cash the buy the Batman Anthology set, really awsome box design. i enjoy all of the batman films, so i needed this. i actually had the urge to watch B&R first, dont ask me why. one of the most hysterical things ive ever seen, but the alfred parts were great.

Reaction score

solid_strider said:
The last two DVDs I got were City of God and the Criterion Collection Seven Samurai. Both are pretty great.
Seven Samurai is a fantastic movie. Haven't seen City of God, though.

Reaction score

Ewok_Slayer said:
I want the Criterion collection Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but I dont want to spend $35
Don't wait! Criterion editions go out of print real quick! It'll never go down in price either. It is sooooo worth it for the Hunter commentary! Get it now...before it's gone.

Reaction score

just got back from Best Buy with the Superman: Doomsday dvd. I hope to watch it tonight. It's the first PG-13 Superman movie

Reaction score

Ewok_Slayer said:
just got back from Best Buy with the Superman: Doomsday dvd. I hope to watch it tonight. It's the first PG-13 Superman movie
Same here, just picked up my copy. Cant wait to watch it.

Reaction score

Decided to go the HD DVD version of Smallville season 6.

Reaction score

Picked up season 2 of Robot Chicken today. How much was the HD-DVD of Smallville season 6, Galvatron?

Reaction score

Family Guy Volume 5 this morning.

Last week I bought Grey's Anatomy S3, previous week Heroes. My Blockbuster always sells used DVDs for cheap, and I picked up Shooter, Stranger than Fiction, and Deja Vu from them. I'm a DVD collector so I pick movies and TV shows all the time. Up to more than 500 at this point.

Reaction score

jediraven82 said:
Picked up season 2 of Robot Chicken today. How much was the HD-DVD of Smallville season 6, Galvatron?
It was like $66 at Best Buy. I could have bought it cheaper on Amazon.com, but they won't take my Best Buy credit card! Also, I had $5 off, so that softened the blow a little. I'm actually surprised that the set wasn't higher, but I noticed that the standard dvd set was only $38. I was gonna buy season 1 of Heroes on HD DVD at Best Buy last week until I saw the $100 price tag. Ouch!

Reaction score

picked up family guy v. 5, superman:Doomsday, and Smallville season 6.

Reaction score

I picked up the Season 1 Box set of Heroes and Superman Doomsday feature. Both are must buys. I love the deleted scenes in Heroes. Best purchase of the year DVD wise for me.

Reaction score

devilof1776 said:
Do you get to keep them?
Yup. I just can't ever sell them. If I want to get rid of them, I either must destroy them or give them back to the companies that sent them to me.

Should be getting Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 12 and The Film Crew: Giant of Marathon later this month.

Reaction score

devilof1776 said:
That's a damn cool job. You must have a mean library.
What it has in coolness it lacks in decent pay.

You've never seen a screener DVD, have you? They are usually cheap, generic disks, mailed in plain white sleeves. Around every 15 minutes, you get a crawl saying "This is a screener. If you bought or rented this DVD, please call 1-800-SQUEALER to rat out the people you got it from to the FBI." Sometimes I get the actual release versions of the films, but that's usually just about only every fourth film I'm sent.

Disney's anti-piracy policies mandate that there be a few chunks of footage that suddenly go to B&W, which can be pretty distracting if it's a film I didn't catch in theaters.

I toss out a lot of my screeners after I've reviewed them. Usually the ones I give bad reviews to, or ones I'll never watch again if I live to be 120 (like, say, Titanic).

Reaction score

Ow. No, I've never seen one. My condolences.

On the bright side, if you own a gun, DVD's and CD's are really cool for target practice. Especially on sunny days.

Reaction score

the office season 3. best season yet! got up to the christmas party with the chinese ladies! completely awesome!

Reaction score

boff123 said:
the office season 3. best season yet! got up to the christmas party with the chinese ladies! completely awesome!
I loved season 3. Jim as Dwight was comedic gold! Also, Karen's "CALL OF DUTY!!!!!" kills me every time. Michael telling Stanley to sit at the back of the bus, Kevin giggling at Oscar, Karen's "Jim looking at the camera" impression... endless hilarity!

Reaction score

i bought my wife seasons 2-4 of nip/tuck for her birthday. i'm going to be picking up family guy vol. 5 soon also.

Reaction score

Galvatron said:
boff123 said:
I loved season 3. Jim as Dwight was comedic gold! Also, Karen's "CALL OF DUTY!!!!!" kills me every time. Michael telling Stanley to sit at the back of the bus, Kevin giggling at Oscar, Karen's "Jim looking at the camera" impression... endless hilarity!
I was going to buy this, but then I'd probably go back and buy season's 1 and 2 for completeness' sake. Ended up renting discs 1 and 2. In my opinion, the funniest parts so far were when Stanley and Michael were talking about pretzels in the deleted scenes:

Michael - "It tastes so good in my mouth."
Stanley - "That's what she said."

And the whole Toby bit in the Bonus materials in the second disc.

Jorbex said:
solid_strider said:
Seven Samurai is a fantastic movie. Haven't seen City of God, though.
City of God is a great movie too. I think it's always ranked in IMDB's top 25 or something like that.

Reaction score

My Name Is Earl Season 2- It came with a hologram and poster at Target.

Reaction score

Today:
Fantastic 4 ROSS Blu-Ray
How I Met Your Mother Season 2
The King of Queens Season 9

Reaction score

Metalocalypse season 1
aqua teen hunger force movie
dragonball z sason 1

Reaction score

- Frankenstein 75th
- Dracula 75th
- Saw 2 SE
- Rio Bravo SE

Reaction score

The Great Escape
Thin Red Line
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
28 Days later
Apollo 13

And two Lone Wolf & Cub movies. Baby Cart to Hades & Baby Cart in Peril.