Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Bought the Seasons 4-6 blu ray pack of Dragon Ball Z from Walmart this past weekend. Mostly bought it for the Cell Saga stuff since the Cell stuff by itself since last year has been tough to find for DVD or blu ray. 37 bucks well spent on that new blu ray pack. Now i need to get the blu ray packs for seasons 1-3 and the other one for seasons 7 to 9 then ill have all of the Dragon Ball Z show. then to get the movies

Reaction score
I bought the whole set last December from ebay. Amazon has the other seasons between $22 & 24.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pre ordered No Way home hoping Amazon delivers a day early as the kids have been asking to watch it. & I don’t like how Prime handles audio in the streaming.

Reaction score
Got in the complete Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series on DVD from Amazon yesterday. It was only $25.

Reaction score
I was busy all day yesterday, so today I was able to get to a Walmart to pick up their exclusive 4K of Spider-Man: No Way Home. It's just exclusive cover art on the slip cover. With the higher price of movies I just try to get the regular releases, but in this case the exclusive was the same price since it wasn't a steelbook or anything.

Reaction score
Received yesterday.
a69fc1baf561cf3c26598962b97b880a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Bought the DVD of The Goonies from the Walmart store earlier today. Because of the newer slipcover which is based on one of the old movie posters from back in the day.

Walmart also has Logan's Run for DVD in stock along with the old Westworld movie

Reaction score
I recently picked up a blu-ray that was equal parts hilarious and amazing, the 80s cult film, The Barbarians (1987). I enjoyed it so much that I bought a copy for a friend as well. This isn't one of those epic fantasy films that intended to be serious, they were in on the joke that this was a B-movie, so they cheesed it up, just like with DeathStalker 2 (which I also recommend). Some of the costumes, set designs, etc were honestly well done (an element I like about the 80s Sword & Sorcery genre), but the lead actors, well - you just can't take them seriously, so it's a good laugh. If anyone has similarly obscure 80s movies from the Fantasy / Barbarian / Sword & Sorcery genre that you purchased or would recommend, do mention them here, I'd like to do a deep dive outside of mainstream movies I already own.

81E9vAChqZL._SL1500_.jpg

Reaction score
went to the dollar tree store earlier today and bought these

original King Kong vs Godzilla for blu ray
Dark Whispers for DVD
and a bag of Swedish fish that had gummy dolphins and turtles

Reaction score
i was surprised to find the original King Kong vs Godzilla at the dollar tree store. Better than the other junk movies at dollar tree

Reaction score
i was surprised to find the original King Kong vs Godzilla at the dollar tree store. Better than the other junk movies at dollar tree

Went to Dollar Tree to scope out the DVDs/Blu-rays, but couldn't find a single movie I had ever heard of.

Reaction score
Most of the time at Dollar tree stores movies for DVD and blu ray are junk and cheap knock offs but once in awhile theres some good stuff like Courage Mountain and Brokeback Mountain.

Dollar General and Family Dollar stores though they have a really better selection of movies anyway. especially for Dollar general during Halloween time

Reaction score
recent stuff i got for DVD and blu ray

South Park season 4 dvd
Star Wars complete saga blu ray set. mostly needed it for the bonus features such as the hour and half long spoofs bonus feature and the other old original trilogy bonus features
Family Guy Volume 3 DVD

Reaction score
went to Walmart an hour ago and bought these

Jurassic Park blu ray
Jurassic Park 2 blu ray
Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 DVD collection
the new Shudder horror movie Death Valley
a new pair of jeans
a new shirt
a black forest ham sub sandwich
strawberry and dark chocolate kit kat

Reaction score
Tried to find Falling Down on one of the streaming services I already pay for, but nada. So, I orderd the blu-ray online.

That very often is the case for some reason Certain movies I have a hankering to watch is never on Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOMax, or Disney+.

Reaction score
Tried to find Falling Down on one of the streaming services I already pay for, but nada. So, I orderd the blu-ray online.

That very often is the case for some reason Certain movies I have a hankering to watch is never on Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOMax, or Disney+.

I just found Falling Down on the Nordic/Danish HBO Max.
It's so annoying when they retire/switch movies all suddenly.

Reaction score
Akira in 4K (I heard the earlier release was messed up and missing HDR, but that recent copies this year are OK)
Imprint on DVD