Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Wow, I had totally forgotten about this. Since I already own the 30th Steel so I was hoping to just catch a regular 4K version but I didn't see any available.

Reaction score
Wow, I had totally forgotten about this. Since I already own the 30th Steel so I was hoping to just catch a regular 4K version but I didn't see any available.
I am with you the 30th steel is spectacular. I think the 4k is a shout factory release. I can't see it being much better because it's animated. I will check out my brother's and report back if it's worth an upgrade.

Reaction score
I don't pick up many Steelbooks these days, but I wanted to grab Batman The Long Halloween Part 2, to complete my set yesterday.

Best Buy had NO Steels on shelf, even though they had plenty of Part 1 when it released.

Ticked off.

Reaction score
Found Seasons 2 and 2.5 of the newer Battlestar Galactica series for $2.50 each at this store that sells books, dvd/blu, books, cds, records, electronics, etc.
Would have preferred bluray, but couldn't pass these up for 1/3 of what ONE season would cost on blu from Amazon or whatever.

Reaction score
Here's this year's pickups:
My Neighbor Totoro 30th Anniversary blu-ray and soundtrack
Blade 4k
Spirited Away Blu ray and soundtrack
Samurai Jack complete series blu-ray
My Science Project blu-ray
Pacific Rim 4k
Eureka 7 complete series blu-ray
Iron Monkey Eureka Classics blu-ray
Once Upon a time in America trilogy blu-ray
Shadow 4k
Criterion Collection The Hidden Fortress & Seven Samurai blu-ray
SSSS.GRIDMAN The complete series blu-ray
Star Trek trilogy 4k(JJ Abrams)
Spaceballs 4k
Indiana Jones 4k box set
Solo A Star Wars story 4k
The Snoopy 4 movie collection blu-ray
Akame Ga Kill complete series blu-ray
RE animated trilogy blu-ray
Steamboy blu-ray
Knives Out 4k
Star Blazers:Spaceship Battleship Yamato 2022 complete series blu-ray

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary Steel arrived today, which I thought it said wouldn't arrive until Sept. so that was cool!
Now to set aside time to watch it and see if it's any better than the standard Blue-Ray.

Reaction score
Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary Steel arrived today, which I thought it said wouldn't arrive until Sept. so that was cool!
Now to set aside time to watch it and see if it's any better than the standard Blue-Ray.
The non-steel book 4k is coming on September 28.

Reaction score
Yeah. I thought about waiting for that but it's the same price and maybe I can just sell the Steel for a few bucks on ebay.

Reaction score
After Doctor Who´s Complete Smith Collection in 2019, the Complete Capaldi Collection in 2020, and a "so far" complete Whitaker Collection earlier this year, I finaly got the newly released Complete Eccleston & Tennant Collection today. :cool: (y)
It includes Season 1 - 4, all Tennant X-Mas Specials, the two animated Specials and tons of Bonus Material

At last, my modern Dr. Who collection is complete so far ( until S13E00 Revolution of the Daleks gets released over here ) and ready for a multiweeks Tardis madness marathon 🤪 🤪

EDIT: Don´t know why, but compared to the previous sets, the new one is limited #924/1111

Last edited:
Reaction score
Black Widow (4k)
Umbrella Academy (S1)
ST: Discovery (S3)
Zack Snyder's Justice League (4k)

Reaction score
So I tired to redeem the digital code that came with Black Widow at movies anywhere and keep getting an error, anyone else having an this issue with it?

Reaction score
Inglorious Basterds Best Buy 4K steelbook

If anyone buys or trades for digital copies I have some available, all from Best Buy 4K steelbooks - Inglorious Basterds, Kick-Ass, Dredd and Sicario

Reaction score
Received the 4k this past Thursday.
9599bed56550a6de06c05b3149016912.jpg

Reaction score
Figured this would be the best place to post this. Came across a couple of Walmart Black Friday displays. I wasn't aware that they were spreading it out throughout the month. I picked up Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith for $12.96 (green sticker). I don't have any of the prequals on blu-ray yet, just DVD. Didn't see Attack of the Clones at this Walmart. Purple sticker is $7.96. It's too bad I have almost all the Marvel movies already. Would have been a great time to get up to date on them. I don't have Black Widow yet, but all I saw was the DVD.
441J4WA.jpg

z2TCaP4.jpg

UO2zgnK.jpg

goFznh7.jpg

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like WM and some of the other big stores are offering that many great deals when it comes to DVD / BR purchases for Black Friday. With so much content available digitally, you'd think they'd slash these prices, considering you can watch almost all of the above titles on Disney+ if you have an account. I suppose $8 is pretty good, but I've yet to buy anything from that selection.

I did purchase a set from WM that wasn't available in stores apparently, its the 8-movie Friday the 13th collection (which I also spotted on Amazon). The price - only $10 for 8 movies, so I thought that was worthy of Black Friday. I don't usually buy horror movies, but this series has always been one of my favorites, especially as a kid of the 80s.

Reaction score
Picked up 4K Venom at Best Buy for $10. They have a lot of good 4K and blu-ray deals. Look online.

Edit: Actually Best Buy has better deals on 4k than Walmart. The 4K versions of all the Star Wars movies are $12.99. That's the price Walmart has on just the blu-ray release. Everything accept Attack of the Clones. What's the deal with AOTC? Why is either sold out or full price and not widely available it seems.

Also, Amazon seems to be matching Best Buy as well.

The thing about getting Star Wars or Marvel movies on 4K or blu-ray even when I have a Disney+ account is that I foresee a time when I may not want to do the subscription anymore. As crazy as that sounds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did finally pick up TLJ on sale just to have it. More and more though I find myself not really needing to get anymore movies of late as they all are pretty much only good for one viewing. I do like it when I can get a deal on a 4K to replace an older copy of a movie I have.

The thing about getting Star Wars or Marvel movies on 4K or blu-ray even when I have a Disney+ account is that I foresee a time when I may not want to do the subscription anymore. As crazy as that sounds.
The main issue for me is that it's dependent on a secure connection, which around here goes out often enough to be annoying. I will always prefer physical for that reason alone. I also don't really like being dependent on anyone for anything.

Reaction score
I did finally pick up TLJ on sale just to have it. More and more though I find myself not really needing to get anymore movies of late as they all are pretty much only good for one viewing. I do like it when I can get a deal on a 4K to replace an older copy of a movie I have.

The main issue for me is that it's dependent on a secure connection, which around here goes out often enough to be annoying. I will always prefer physical for that reason alone. I also don't really like being dependent on anyone for anything.
Yeah, before Disney+ Netflix would have Marvel movies and such, but then they would go away after a while. It's those kinds of scenarios that prompted me to keep buying my favorite movies on physical media. Plus, I enjoy the extra features, commentaries, etc.

Reaction score
I like physical media, because it's always at your fingertips - no chance a streaming service will remove it, the whole network is down, or WIFI is being troublesome. I tend to only buy movies that I know I'll watch multiple times - I have to really enjoy it to own it on disc. I don't overspend for the most part either, I like picking up a release at a good price, I tend to only buy SW or other movies I love the day of release at full price. Like the Friday the 13th set I mentioned, I wouldn't have paid $8-10 for each individual movie, as that would take up a lot of space, but $10 total for an 8-movie boxed set - hell yes!

I have a friend that actually collects home media as a hobby, and he'll sometimes buy a Blu-ray just because he likes the slip cover, and won't actually watch it! I don't get that myself, but he also has obscure taste, often buying tons of rare movies, including foreign titles that I've never heard of. It's cool to be exposed to that other world though, but my taste is a bit more restrictive, not for what I'll watch, but what a choose to own. I think one of the biggest benefits are the special features, especially for a title you love, because that content isn't likely to be on a streaming service.

Reaction score
I like physical media, because it's always at your fingertips - no chance a streaming service will remove it, the whole network is down, or WIFI is being troublesome. I tend to only buy movies that I know I'll watch multiple times - I have to really enjoy it to own it on disc. I don't overspend for the most part either, I like picking up a release at a good price, I tend to only buy SW or other movies I love the day of release at full price. Like the Friday the 13th set I mentioned, I wouldn't have paid $8-10 for each individual movie, as that would take up a lot of space, but $10 total for an 8-movie boxed set - hell yes!

I have a friend that actually collects home media as a hobby, and he'll sometimes buy a Blu-ray just because he likes the slip cover, and won't actually watch it! I don't get that myself, but he also has obscure taste, often buying tons of rare movies, including foreign titles that I've never heard of. It's cool to be exposed to that other world though, but my taste is a bit more restrictive, not for what I'll watch, but what a choose to own. I think one of the biggest benefits are the special features, especially for a title you love, because that content isn't likely to be on a streaming service.

Sounds like I'm in between the collecting habits of you and your friend. Collecting VHS/DVD/Blu-ray/4K is definitely a hobby of mine, but I wouldn't buy a movie just because I like the slipcover. 😁

Reaction score
Bought Black Widow and Preordered Shang Chi at Target with the B2G1. The freebee was used to upgrade Winter Soldier to 4k. I buy the physical discs because I don’t like being at Disney’s mercy. Like if the title is flawed and won’t play on D+ Its happened before. Also i play movies on an outdoor screen, and usually a crowd comes over for that. Even with great internet I don’t want hiccups.

Reaction score
And just wait until they implement the energy crisis rationing where you're only allowed to use electrical devices at certain times in a vain effort to stall climate change.