Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Adding on to that, I have some steelbooks I am parting with

Justice League (2018, Jim Lee, Best Buy, 4K) - $15
Wonder Woman (2017, Jim Lee, Best Buy, 4K) - $15
Aquaman (2019, Jim Lee, Best Buy, 4K) - $20
It (2017, Best Buy, blu w/ 4K dc) - $15
Inception (2012, blu) - $10
The Town (2013, blu) - $10 (one tiny ding/dimple, barely noticeable)
300 (2013, blu) - $5 (two tiny dings/dimples, hardly noticeable)

Reaction score
That tends to annoy me more often than not, I mean is it that difficult for the actual Studio to pick better artwork for a Steelbook release? It's a bit frustrating to have to pay almost double at Zavvi just to get better looking artwork.

Reaction score
Agreed and normally I would be annoyed but my movie spending in general has been way down the past year so I just bit the bullet on this one. Also pre-ordered the Looper 4K steelbook from Zavvi, will cancel it if any US retailer ends up getting it.

Reaction score
Bought old Superman II from the Dollar General store. Its bare bones. no commentary track. Just the movie.

Reaction score
An hour ago I bought the DVD of Brightburn from the Dollar General store downtown. They have some recent newer movies

Fantasy Island
The Craft Legacy
the newer Charlie's Angel movie
Chaos Walking
and also Brightburn

Reaction score
As stunning as they all look, I think I would prefer just 1 Steelbook with all 4 movies inside. So for now I'll stick with the older BD release as it takes up way less space.

I did pre-order Battle Beyond the Stars Steelbook on Amazon slated for 6/29, too bad they can't enhance this old movie same way they've been doing with others.

Reaction score
Yeah one jumbo steel would've been nice but its a nice set overall, cardboard housing aside.
Now that they are actually filming Indy 5 (which I didn't think was ever going to happen) I was a little hesitant to get this set but someone pointed out that now that Disney is the distributor, it likely won't or can't be bundled with the old Paramount films so I went ahead and ordered

Reaction score
Totally whiffed on grabbing Godzilla vs Kong BB steelbook. Forgot to order it Monday and sold out early morning Tuesday….oh well

Reaction score
I hear ya, as convenient as it is to just click onto any movie at any time, I still prefer having a hard copy for those times that you cannot.

Anyhoo with Target's BOGO sale I was able to get three movies I haven't seen yet, JW: Fallen Kingdom, New Mutants, and Venom. So I'll have some catch up watching to do in a few days. I almost got WW84 too but decided I'll wait for the best barging bin price for it.

Reaction score
Went to a Family Dollar store earlier today and bought the current new DVD for Star Trek the Motion Picture for 5 bucks. They also have the blu ray for live action Dumbo for 6 bucks also

Reaction score
a couple of things for DVD I got in the mail earlier today

the old 2002-2003 Directors Edition Collectors Edition DVD of Star Trek II Wrath of Khan
older big DVD pack of Season 2 of X-Files. mostly needed it for the bonus features DVD disc since the newer slimmer releases dont have the bonus features disc

Reaction score
Probably if 8K ever takes off, or whatever new format retires it. Then again I feel physical media might be dead before we see 4K bargain bins, though I have been known to get a great deal on some. But Dollar stores? IDK