Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Which ones did you let go Beek? Just curious. I know the Knives Out is going for a good amount since I believe it had a low amount made.
Oh gosh, too many to list. But ones that really surprised me - Incredibles 1 4k, Hot To Train Your Dragon 4k Trilogy, OUATIH 4k, Shape of Water 4k...

Reaction score
Which ones did you let go Beek? Just curious. I know the Knives Out is going for a good amount since I believe it had a low amount made.
And several of the DC Batman Animated Steels exclusive to Target. They were watch once, and done for me. So sitting on a shelf vs cash was no brainer. They brought some high dollars. I did keep my Dark Knight Returns Complete Steelbook - LOVE that flick.

That is where I ultimately found myself - examining each shelf and pulling stuff I would probably never watch again. Classic stuff I often revisit (Karate Kid, Gremlins, SW, Bale Batman trilogy, Keaton Batmans, etc) stayed.

Reaction score
right now I am in the midst of still collecting steelbooks but yes, the thought has crossed my mind at what the cash out will be once I am done

Reaction score
Is that a new release Lando? That movie was something....
Yes it was sold directly through the A24 website. The 4K set sold out within hours and the blu sold out within the following day or two. Came to $50 even with shipping, well worth it for me though, one of my favorite films from the past couple years, looks amazing in 4K.
You can sign up for email notifications on the A24 site for a possible restock.

Reaction score
Since last month and recently this month ive bought alot of stuff from Walmart

They Live for DVD
South Park Season 3 for DVD
Impractical Jokers The Movie
Evil Little Things
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Out of the Shadows
Shout/Scream blu ray of Big Trouble in Little China
Collectors Edition DVD of old Day of the Dead
Robert the Bruce for DVD
Dukes of Hazzard Seasons 1 and 2
regular blu ray of The Matrix 1
Uncle Buck + Great Outdoors two in one DVD
Star Wars 4K
Return of the Jedi 4K
Beetlejuice DVD
Red Sonja DVD
Shout/Scream blu ray of John Carpenter's The Thing
Terminator Dark Fate
Avengers Endgame for DVD. cant find it for blu ray anymore at all this year for blu ray at Target walmart or anywhere

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up the remastered Flash Gordon today 😊
Shame over me, I haven't seen this before and but I thought as this is considered a classic of scifi I need to add it to my collection.
Anyway, I find it pretty funny that the german dubbing featured the voice of :
Luke Skywalker for Flash
Darth Vader for that gold-mask-guy
Han Solo for the falcon-dudes leader
Lando for Tim Daltons character
🤣🤣😂🤪

Reaction score
I was curious as to how 4K would turn out on this, and quite surprised they went to the expense to convert it. While it is considered a cult classic, it isn't without flaws. lol I loved it when i was much younger, and I can even still watch it today although not as fully engaged in it. It is definitely one of those 80's oddball comedy type movies that i only watch every now an then for nostalgia.

Which is why I couldn't pull the trigger on getting it in 4K, especially since I recently bought the Blu-Ray Steelbook.

Reaction score
Just went to the Dollar General store a few minutes ago and found these for DVD

Bumblee movie DVD for 3.95

that Canon Film documentary that comes with 10 movies to watch such as the Masters of the Universe movie and some other movies that were made by the Canon Film company. 25 bucks for the big DVD set

Coz

Reaction score
1917 & Saving Private Ryan, both 4K. I don't buy a lot of discs but I love both these movies.

Reaction score
they need to do a proper special anniversary blu ray for Beetlejuice such as commentary track, behind the scenes stuff. an episode of the old cartoon show does not count as a bonus feature

Reaction score
this weekend i bought some movies from Walmart

Nightmare Before Christmas blu ray
Expendables 1 for blu ray. Mostly bought it for the bonus features behind the scenes stuff
new Shudder horror movie "Z" for DVD
The Birds for DVD

Reaction score
How'd it look?
I've been curious, and I realize it's the same bizarre campy movie, I was just wondering what they could possibly have done to it is all to warrant 4k release.
I don't have this release, but this is from the Digital Bits review:

"...a new 16-bit 4K scan and restoration of the original camera negative was done by StudioCanal and finished as a true 4K Digital Intermediate with color grading in Dolby Vision and HDR10. Gone are the previous Blu-ray’s image issues, which included baked-in edge enhancement and excessive digital noise reduction. This is an incredibly organic presentation, ripe with fine detail in every frame. Opticals are understandably soft, translucency is still obvious, and a bit of digital wire removal has been performed. But grain is present, natural, and well controlled, allowing for high levels of detail—particularly in the shadows. Blacks are mostly deep, though a bit lacking in the optical-heavy sequences as might be expected. The added color depth enhances the film’s palette with unsurprisingly lush and vibrant reds, greens, and golds. The presentation is also stable and clean."