Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
From the Dollar General store where they have a horror movie cardboard display for Halloween time, i bought these movies for DVD

original Amityville Horror
20th anniversary DVD of original Piranha

Reaction score
From the Dollar General store where they have a horror movie cardboard display for Halloween time, i bought these movies for DVD

original Amityville Horror
20th anniversary DVD of original Piranha
But which Dollar General store? What city? What time? What day? I NEED more information Schutzie!!

Reaction score
Earlier today i found and bought Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom for DVD for 5 bucks. Even the House of 1000 Corpses Devils Rejects two in on collection DVD for 10 bucks

Reaction score
Picked up the Back to the Future 30th Anniversary trilogy today at Walmart for 25 bucks.

Reaction score
Ant-Man Steelbook
Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbook

I bought them opened but unused on eBay thanks to Best Buy Canada not having them available, ever! The Guardians Steelbook is perfect, no problems, but the Ant-Man Steelbook doesn't catch at the top so it does not close properly. The bottom part closes fine, makes the click sound, but the top does not. First and last time I buy opened Steelbooks. :mad:

Reaction score
movies I bought from places yesterday

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark blu ray DVD combo from walmart
DVD two in one of House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects from Walmart
Nightmare on Elm Street remake for DVD which I bought from a pawn shop along with Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Assassins Creed Revelations for Playstation 3

also later today im tempted to go back to the Walmart store and buy Annabelle Comes Home or at least Nightmare Before Christmas for blu ray since the Walmart store still has a few horror movies left on sale

Reaction score
Went back to the Walmart store earlier today and bought these movies

Harold and Kumar Trilogy for DVD for 5 bucks

the older blu ray DVD combo of Big Trouble Little China.

Was tempted to get the Police Academy Trilogy for DVD but itll still be there probably later this month or next month anyway.

need to save money for gas back home etc

Reaction score
blu ray dvd combo of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark movie came in the mail earlier today by Fed Ex. Pretty fast delivery since I just pre ordered it from Walmart this past Friday.

Reaction score
Another big release day for Disney 4K steelbooks:

Tangled
Big Hero 6
Moana
Zootopia
The Princess and the Frog

Reaction score
I bought the DVD of Tom Savni's Night of the Living Dead remake and its the right DVD which has commentary track and the 24-25 minute behind the scenes stuff which i am glad.

Reaction score
Tangled 4K Best Buy steelbook
The Princess and the Frog 4K Best Buy steelbook

already have the Target Big Hero 6 steelbook so I'll just buy a 4K disc and throw it in there at some point, will pick up the Zootopia steelbook at some point

Reaction score
There are some good Black Friday deals coming up at Walmart. 4K movies for $8 and blu-ray for $6. Recent movies like Endgame and The Lion King, for example.

Reaction score
Even though its 4K blu ray on sale cheap at 7 or 8 bucks during black friday, i still need to get Avengers Endgame since the regular blu ray is barely there at any Walmart store.

also 4K blu ray for X-Men Dark Pheonix at 7 or 8 bucks too. Not bad

Reaction score
I purposely hold back in the weeks leading up to Black Friday for this very reason. Last year I held off on Justice League. I mean, no way was I going to pay full price for it. Though I don't hesitate on must have titles like Endgame. Definitely going for John Wick 3, Venom, The Lion King, and Rampage this year. Wouldn't pay full price on those, but if I can get a deal...why not. Also the 2 Charlie Brown holiday specials.

Reaction score
All of the Marvel/Disney/Pixar 4K steelbooks are on sale for $27.99
I picked up Iron Man and Iron Man 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Went to the Dollar General store since Sunday yesterday they started having the BOGO buy one get one sale for movies.

I bought these movies for DVD

XXX Return of Xander
The Great Wall. Dunno why I bought it since ive seen it a couple of times on tv on FX, FXX and TNT recently this month

Reaction score
Went to the Family Dollar store earlier today and found and bought for DVD, the first Austin Powers movie which I really needed to complete my Austin Powers trilogy. They also had The Matrix 1 for 3 bucks in one of those cheap red cardboard sleeves

Reaction score
No I did not. I never buy movies in those thin cardboard sleeves. Even though it was Matrix 1 DVD pretty cheap at 2 bucks, you really dont know if that certain DVD has bonus features or not or just the movie by itself

Reaction score
Disney plus has all the star wars movies in 4k..
just visually stunning compared to all the other available formats..
This particular statement caught my eye because of a review for Superman the Movie 4K I read, and that it was the best they could do for a 40 year old movie. And I remembered how awesome of a job Lucas Film did years ago just for the BD release. Got me to thinking these two movies are the same age and why Star Wars can look so good yet Superman wasn't able to be restored as well.

Reaction score
Spiderman - Far from Home
Walking Dead Season 9
Fear the Walking Dead Season 5
Supernatural Season 13

awaiting arrival of
Doctor Who - the complete 12th Doctor collection

Reaction score
Went to two different walmart stores yesterday and earlier today. Bought these movies for DVD

Kong Skull Island 2 disc special edition
Planes, Trains and Automobiles DVD that's in a boxed gift set with a free christmas tree ornament

Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago found a Charlie Brown 2-pack: Race for Your Life and Bon Voyage Charlie Brown, and Don't Come Back in the Walmart barrel o' movies. I believe it was like $5.96. Great price for two fun movies.

Reaction score
the only old Charlie Brown stuff I still keep seeing at Walmart are the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and the Charlie Brown Christmas for DVDs. That and bunch of Christmas Story and Home Alone for DVD and blu ray.