Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Earlier today while i was out of town i went to a Walmart store and bought the Fear the Walking Dead Seasons 1-3 DVD multipack along with a new Pennywise It tshirt

Reaction score
Avengers Endgame, BB Steelbook. Arrived by mail.
Thanks to stupid Disney, I have to wait at least another month before I can get the 3D BluRay of Endgame from a second hand dealer at an inflated cost because for some stupid reason 3D discs are not available in North America.
Does Disney do anything right?

Reaction score
Disney has been out of the 3D game for US releases for years now, its not a surprise and its not on them as the US market is just not there and I say this as a fellow 3D collector. 3 - 4 times a year I rely on Amazon UK or Zavvi to do a buy one get one on Marvel/Disney/Lucasfilm/Pixar releases

Reaction score
Disney has been out of the 3D game for US releases for years now, its not a surprise and its not on them as the US market is just not there and I say this as a fellow 3D collector. 3 - 4 times a year I rely on Amazon UK or Zavvi to do a buy one get one on Marvel/Disney/Lucasfilm/Pixar releases
If they were to package the 3D disc with the 4K disc like they did with Alita, they would sell like hotcakes.

Reaction score
Thanks to stupid Disney, I have to wait at least another month before I can get the 3D BluRay of Endgame from a second hand dealer at an inflated cost because for some stupid reason 3D discs are not available in North America.
Does Disney do anything right?
Blame the manufacturers of 3d tv. They claimed nobody was using it. When my tv goes im going to have to import one from europe. Have had to buy German reigon 0 imports for years. it was such an awesome relief for Alita to come packaged with it.

Reaction score
If they were to package the 3D disc with the 4K disc like they did with Alita, they would sell like hotcakes.
It's a studio decision. The last 4K/3D combo US release was Kong Skull Island, so while the Alita release was nice to have it was an aberration and likely due to any pull Cameron had with Fox.
Disney decided to ditch 3D in the states years ago, which their 3D home releases weren't particularly noteworthy anyways. That said, importing from the UK is cheap and easy. The next great hope for 3D is the next Avatar films. If Cameron wows people in theaters again and/or develops new glassesless tech, which has always been a rumor, we may see a resurgence of 3D at home. Until then we are lucky WB and Universal still give us home releases.

Blame the manufacturers of 3d tv. They claimed nobody was using it. When my tv goes im going to have to import one from europe. Have had to buy German reigon 0 imports for years. it was such an awesome relief for Alita to come packaged with it.
The manufacturers stopped because no one was buying. Its been a while since I checked but I think some of the higher end Sony 4K sets still have 3D built in.

Reaction score
2015 I believe were the last 3dtv 4k models. And they are not oled or hdr
The Sony Z series were the last 4K/3D combos still being sold in the states as late as 2017. Those seem to be gone from all retailers by now and now the 3D market in the US is limited to the secondary market and some sets, depending on the manufacturer and model, are going for crazy amounts.
All the best info I see on this can be found over on the bluray.com forums, specifically the 3D tv threads.

My 2017 LG is 4K OLED HDR and 3D

LG makes the best TV's in the world btw.
My past three TV's have been LG, love them. I do like Sony but with them you pay extra just for the brand name where LG sets are comparable if not better depending on the model you get, features desired.

Reaction score
The Sony Z series were the last 4K/3D combos still being sold in the states as late as 2017. Those seem to be gone from all retailers by now and now the 3D market in the US is limited to the secondary market and some sets, depending on the manufacturer and model, are going for crazy amounts.
All the best info I see on this can be found over on the bluray.com forums, specifically the 3D tv threads.

My past three TV's have been LG, love them. I do like Sony but with them you pay extra just for the brand name where LG sets are comparable if not better depending on the model you get, features desired.
Funny thing is that Vizio tvs use the same screen as Samsung or Lg. The casing and emotion boards are the only part Vizio makes.

Reaction score
I went to the Dollar General store an hour ago earlier tonight and bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze for DVD along with two packs of Airheads gum

Reaction score
I said I bought Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze for DVD from the Dollar General store.

Clean your ears out. That is the movie i just bought

Reaction score
Was at Dollar Tree and found the DVD of Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. This is that more recent animated movie done in the style of the Adam West 60's Batman TV show.

Reaction score
I said I bought Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze for DVD from the Dollar General store.

Clean your ears out. That is the movie i just bought
settle down bruh, nothing wrong with my ears (eyes) just not sure why the extra details are necessary - is there some significance?

Reaction score
Seriously?? Are you freaking kidding me?

If you want to know that badly, i went to the Dollar General store to get some packs of Air Heads gum but I ended up also getting the Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze movie for DVD also.

There. You happy? I went to the Dollar General store to get some gum thats what I wanted to get mostly. Then I ended up getting a movie also.

Reaction score
Yes here is another question - any reason that couldn't have been contained to one post?
And yes I am seriously this invested in your day to day mundane routine. Whereas everyone else simply posts the movie they bought, your additions to the thread are blog entries with the most banal of details. What kind of shoes were you wearing? Did you pay with cash or card? Did you walk or bike there? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!

Reaction score
LOL! I know! But, be careful what you wish for. Remember the Seinfeld episode about "yadda yadda"?

Let's all get in on it. For the sake of full disclosure :awesome:, I also bought some plastic clothes hangers and some cheap paint brushes at Dollar Tree. I also went looking for a specific Halloween decoration that I need for the upcoming holiday, but I didn't find it. They did have many boxes of Halloween decorations sitting around waiting to be stocked. Oh yeah, and I did also pick up a 2nd movie, but I didn't even feel like it was worth mentioning since it was some lame Nicolas Cage action movie. I figured for a $1 why not buy it for a good laugh.

Also, I went around the entire store pointing at things and saying very loudly, "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!" :grin:

Please, everyone, from now on let's have full disclosure when discussing what 4k, Blu-ray, or DVD you purchased. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up the 4K Steelbooks of Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Rocketman today.
I also had a bathroom experience I'm not 100% satisfied with.

Reaction score
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K steelbook
Batman Hush steelbook

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got the Attack on Titan Season 3 Blu/dvd/digital pack.
Love this show. Even though it's season 3 "part 1", I got it for a good price.

Reaction score
Yes here is another question - any reason that couldn't have been contained to one post?
And yes I am seriously this invested in your day to day mundane routine. Whereas everyone else simply posts the movie they bought, your additions to the thread are blog entries with the most banal of details. What kind of shoes were you wearing? Did you pay with cash or card? Did you walk or bike there? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!
Agreed. Frankly, he's not sharing ENOUGH details. What's the run-time of the movie? The release date?! What FLAVOR of gum was he after? What was it ABOUT the Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze that attracted him to buy it? I guess what I'm saying is, slow down, Schutzie! Take me on a journey with your beautiful words!

Reaction score
yesterday i was out of town and went to a Walmart store and bought these movies for DVD

Transformers Age of Extinction - it has a sticker on the plastic seal where you could get a free Vudu digital of Transformers Dark of the Moon which is pretty cool
South Park Season 1
Bone Tomahawk

Reaction score
Just got the Shout Factory release of Robocop 2 from Amazon today. Going to do a viewing of 1 and 2 tonight and tomorrow.

Reaction score
South Park Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 for DVD they're 5 bucks each at Walmart right now. Good price to catch up on the classic South Park where back then in 1997-1998 it was actually funny

Reaction score
The only season that was not yoo hot was the one that trey and matt Didnt do. Otherwise always funny.