Recent 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD Purchases

Reaction score
Post your recent DVD/Blu Ray purchases here!

In the past month I've bought:

Two and a Half Men (Season 1)
The Office (Season 3)
Vacancy (Blu-Ray)
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City (Blu-Ray)
Blood Diamond (HD-DVD)
Shooter (HD-DVD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: Recent DVD Purchases

I haven't purchased a DVD since Star Wars was re-re-released last december. I have found that DVDs are a big waste of money anymore. I like movies but I don't watch them more than a few times, with the exception of SW & LOTR & IJ & HP. I've opted to either rent or just borrow them from people since so many others splurge on them weekly.

Reaction score

Jedi_Rainman said:
I haven't purchased a DVD since Star Wars was re-re-released last december. I have found that DVDs are a big waste of money anymore. I like movies but I don't watch them more than a few times, with the exception of SW & LOTR & IJ & HP. I've opted to either rent or just borrow them from people since so many others splurge on them weekly.
I've begun to take that stance as well. I still buy TV box sets, however. Just bought season 3 of The Office. Will buy season 3 of Lost when it comes out. The only movie I plan on getting is Transformers in HD when it comes out.

Reaction score

The last DVD I have purchased was 300.

Reaction score

Blades of Glory.

Anymore though, I can't justify spending 20-25 bucks on a new release at retail, so we usually get e previously viewed one from Blockbuster.

Reaction score

Unless it's for a gift right at the moment or a movie I just have to have on release day, I usually wait until retailers drop the price of them down to under $10, either on a sale or as regular price.

I just bought The Terminator yesterday. I will most likely be picking up Flash Gordon in the near future.

Reaction score

that is interesting that so many people are switching gears on dvd purchases. i also all but stopped buying dvds about a year ago. before that i would buy pretty much anything because renting stuff can be such a pain.

Reaction score

Although I hate Wal-Mart, they do have a semi-good selection of DVDs for $5

Reaction score

I honestly can't recall the last dvd I got. I've been all about netflix lately. Although I do want to complete my Sopranos series and buy season 6

Reaction score

Semi OT: Does anyone know how good season 1 of Robot Chicken is?

I am thinking of buying it, but I've heard that it is either really great or extremely hit or miss.

Any tips?

Reaction score

So many DVDs recently for me. Season 3 of Deadwood, The Cable Guy, and the first 4 seasons of 24.

Gridhouse presents: Death Proof will be next on Tuesday.

Reaction score

The last DVD I got was The Invincible Iron Man. Ok, my wife got it for me. What can I say, she works at Wal-Mart and goes shopping when she gets off. Gets a 10% discount too.

Reaction score

the last dvd that i bought was blades of glory. i have been trying to find monster squad, but have no such luck. i think i am gonna have to buy it on the net.

Reaction score

Thanks guys! I was starting to feel like some kind of cheapskate for not spending as much on DVD's anymore. The last DvD I bought on release was 300. The Dragonball Z Seasons 1, 2 & 3 are really the only ones I've given an effort as far as hunting them down goes. I think it's cool how they have the feature: Japanese music/sound effects but speaking in English, U.S. version or Original Japanese. The Rocky Balboa alternate ending or Easter Egg special features make me feel like I didn't waste my cash.

...not wasting cash? priceless

Reaction score

I bought
Heroes Season 1
Friday Night Lights Season 1
Darkwing Duck Vol 1
Shooter
Smallville Seasons 2-5
South Park Season 10
Fresh Prince Seasons 1-4

I can't remember what else I've bought this month

Reaction score

On my last trip to the store I bought the following:

Murder by Death
The Munsters (season 1)
Extras (season 1)
V for Vendetta

Reaction score

Once I think about it, all I've bought this year are a couple of DVD sets: the Munsters movies and Gomer Pyle Season 1.

Reaction score

Yesterday I bought Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse as a double feature bonus pack. It came with a movie ticket voucher for Resident Evil: Extinction, so I thought it was worth the price ($13.97).

Reaction score

Lone_Jedi said:
Yesterday I bought Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse as a double feature bonus pack. It came with a movie ticket voucher for Resident Evil: Extinction, so I thought it was worth the price ($13.97).
I already had those or otherwise I would've bought that pack...

Tomorrow I'm getting Knocked up, Superman: Doomsday and Maybe the Blade: House of Ctchu or whatever it's called.

Reaction score

My last purchase was Night at the Museum. I want to pick up Disturbia and Zodiac soon, though.

Reaction score

The Office Season 2 and 3
Heroes Season 1 (HD)
The Mummy Returns (HD)

_Max

Reaction score

I've found a lot on clearance lately. Reservoir Dogs, The Fifth Element, both Conans, Eddie Murphy Delirious, Big Trouble in Little China, The Great Escape, For a Few Dollars More, Amistad, Thin Red Line, The Name of the Rose, Romeo & Juliet (1968), Hamburger Hill. I'm hoping high-def takes off soon. There's a ton of stuff I want, but don't want to pay for. $5 is not paying.

The last things I've 'paid' for were assorted anime, Lone Wolf & Cub films, and 300. Wish Pirates 3 was coming out sooner than December 4.

Sol

Reaction score

The most recent DVD I bought was 300. But Deathproof is coming out tomorrow, so I'll pick that up.

Reaction score

Picked up Season 1 of Dexter last week. Damn this is one of the greatest shows I have ever seen and by far the most original.

Dexter is a forensic blood splatter expert for the Miami PD and just so happens to spend his free time as a serial killer. Not just your average serial killer, he only kills people who are murderers that have escaped the legal system. A homicidal, sociopathic vigalante, don't get much more interesting than that...well except for the rival serial killer that is more stylish and eager to impress Dexter, and Dexter is eager to be impressed.

Check it out!

Reaction score

I guess I'll pick up season 6 of Smallville tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I'll get it on Blu-Ray or HD DVD. Sure, millions are starving, but that's my dilemma...

Reaction score

Ewok_Slayer said:
Tomorrow I'm getting Knocked up, Superman: Doomsday and Maybe the Blade: House of Ctchu or whatever it's called.
I believe that Knocked Up comes out on the 25th, which isn't until next week.

Reaction score

r2_jenn2 said:
the last dvd that i bought was blades of glory. i have been trying to find monster squad, but have no such luck. i think i am gonna have to buy it on the net.
Wolfmans got nards.

I love that movie

-Mike

Reaction score

I picked up the Robotech Macross Zero series and the Mad Max trilogy.

Reaction score

Sol said:
The most recent DVD I bought was 300. But Deathproof is coming out tomorrow, so I'll pick that up.
Speaking of, when does Planet Terror come out? I'll probably be getting Death Proof if only for the last 45 minutes.

Is it coming to HD DVD?

_Max

Reaction score

Neal said:
Ewok_Slayer said:
I believe that Knocked Up comes out on the 25th, which isn't until next week.
You're right I got a little excited

Reaction score

I'm totally picking up Knocked Up when it comes out. In HD baby!

_Max

Reaction score

Last DVD I bought was King Kong on HD-DVD. It was free with the player. Before that was The Office Season 3.

My most watched DVD lately though, is The Departed. One of the best films ever made IMO.

Reaction score

Got review screeners for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, The Film Crew: Wild Women of Wongo, and some low-budget horror flick (starring Fez from That's '70s Show) called The Dead One.

Reaction score

OK I'm slightly confused. I went to my local Target and K-Mart here in Australia and saw Spider-Man 3 (both DVD and Blu-Ray) as well as 24 season-6 for sale on the shelves. I thought both won't be out until the end of the year... Have these been released over in the US??