Rebelscum Meet?

Reaction score
Kei brought this up in the tips thread and I thought it might be easier to have a dedicated thread.

Some options...

1. Lunch or dinner (or breakfast?) on the Friday or one of the convention days.

2. Similar to C4, people meet up after the collecting panels finish at 6:00 on one of the days.

3. Something else.

What are people's thoughts on this? I'm good for 1 if I'm not helping out somewhere. 2 seems to have worked well at the last Celebration.

Reaction score
I'm OK with all but for 2, I might have some delay as I will be volunteer for OP ( and not able to go to the panels most of the time
)

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums, but it'd be cool to put faces to the names. This is definitely one of my favorite sites, and the community seems awesome.

I think #2 would be easiest, since we'll all be at the convention anyway. Just need to pick which day.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
John

Having been to the last few Celebrations, we (mainly the vintage group) usually find a bar/lounge near the convention center or in our hotel and just sit and chat. I know a bunch of us are staying at the APA so that might be a central meeting point for people to begin with. In the past we've done room sales, and an awesome Cantina sale at C4, but I don't know if anyone is planning that. We have had trouble with the hotels due to excessive noise and that is even when we have taken over most of the hotel floor but it is worth asking around and see if we are planning anything. I know I may bring a few small items to sell but not much.

The other option you mentioned was the Collector's Social. Usually held the first night of the con, it is a great chance to meet many people you've spoken with many times but never met before. It is always a good time and everyone has a good time. It is a fun way to break the ice and get people to start talking to each other instead of keeping to themselves. I haven't heard if they are doing one yet, you may want to contact ChrisG or Gus and see if they have anything planned.

Unfortunately every con we've gone to is a new experience so it is hard to make solid plans without knowing the layout of everything. The best plan is to remain open to everything and ask if something special is going on, you are bound to find someone that knows something.

Mike

Reaction score
Michael_Ritter said:
Having been to the last few Celebrations, we (mainly the vintage group) usually find a bar/lounge near the convention center or in our hotel and just sit and chat. I know a bunch of us are staying at the APA so that might be a central meeting point for people to begin with. In the past we've done room sales, and an awesome Cantina sale at C4, but I don't know if anyone is planning that. We have had trouble with the hotels due to excessive noise and that is even when we have taken over most of the hotel floor but it is worth asking around and see if we are planning anything. I know I may bring a few small items to sell but not much.

The other option you mentioned was the Collector's Social. Usually held the first night of the con, it is a great chance to meet many people you've spoken with many times but never met before. It is always a good time and everyone has a good time. It is a fun way to break the ice and get people to start talking to each other instead of keeping to themselves. I haven't heard if they are doing one yet, you may want to contact ChrisG or Gus and see if they have anything planned.

Unfortunately every con we've gone to is a new experience so it is hard to make solid plans without knowing the layout of everything. The best plan is to remain open to everything and ask if something special is going on, you are bound to find someone that knows something.
Thanks for that, Mike.

One thing's for certain, collectors will probably be converging on the collecting panels (2:00-6:00 each day). So if any spontaneous social event is occuring, that's probably the place to be to hear about it. Chris, if you're reading this, can you let us know if anything is in the works?

I'll be at the JRS booth some of the time on Saturday and Sunday, so I hope I can meet up with a lot of scummers there too.

Reaction score
No Collector's Social was planned for this event.

As mentioned above, I guess what we can try to do is just hang out at the panel room after the last panel takes place on Saturday. However, I don't know if we'll get kicked out at a certain time. I guess we'll deal with that if it happens.

I believe that there are only 4 panels per day for 3 days which would make medallion acquisition pretty painless this time around.

-chris

Reaction score
I'm also up for meeting on Saturday after the con - dinner and drinks would be good.