Rebelscum group photo on May 27th (Cool C4 Idea)

Reaction score
How about all the scummers who are at C4 get together for a picture? You can be in costume, regular clothes, mix, doesn't matter. Anyone have a good place to meet up for the pic? Any ideas on what day and time to do it? (I was thinking after C4 wraps up for the day, or after the entire thing.) Any scummer who doesn't want to doesn't have to. Just thought it might be a good idea. Comments?

Reaction score
Re: A Cool(?) Idea for C4

Let me know when and where, I'm sure to be in. Good idea!

Rich

Reaction score

A cool idea, but think of the logistics of it: How could we arrange for a time where everybody can attend the picture shoot? It would be extremely tough, given that fans will be scattered throughout the convention at all different times.

I would have to wait for the CIV itinerary to be released first before committing to a specific time for the picture. Don't want to miss something at the convention during the specified pic time.

Reaction score

I don't want to make anyone miss anything that they want to do just to take a picture that could wait until later. That's why I suggested we take it after C4 wraps up for the day, or after the whole thing is said and done. I know that more scummers are likely to show up if it is not going to interfere with their C4 plans.

Reaction score

will RS have a booth or table? If so, I'm sure aftre most of the schedule is announced, something could be written up and left at the booth..

"COME BACK ON SUNDAY at 6PM TO TAKE A RS GROUP PHOTO" type of thing

Reaction score

I think the answer is no to either the booth or the table.

Mr. Fan club president mentioned that he couldn't give out the badges at C4 in the vendor hall hence the need to paypal him money to ship it to you.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Nope. No booth or table. You'll have better luck planning something for after the con on a day, posting it here, maybe making some flyers and posting them at the Center.

Reaction score

Count me in, I'll be the guy in the Fett shirt/ Rebelscum badge and. . .hey, I'll bring the camera!

Reaction score

I will post when and where to be once I figure it out and when it is closer to C4. Keep checking back every once in a while!

Reaction score

I would love to be there as long as I dont have to pre order online .

Reaction score

Justin....any idea when the itinerary for CIV will be posted?

Reaction score

Shivannd said:
It should be posted on Gen Con's site real soon (1-2 weeks before the con). That was the timeframe for the C3 itinerary, so I would expect it to be the same for CIV.

I checked Gen Con's CIV site many, many times throughout the day. So as soon as it gets released, I will post it in a brand new thread for everyone to see.

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Shivannd said:
It should be posted on Gen Con's site real soon (1-2 weeks before the con). That was the timeframe for the C3 itinerary, so I would expect it to be the same for CIV.

I checked Gen Con's CIV site many, many times throughout the day. So as soon as it gets released, I will post it in a brand new thread for everyone to see.
Thank you. I've been waiting for this too! I want to know when the Q & A's are gonna be!

Reaction score

Does anyone know where to find a blueprint and/or floor plan of the Convention Center? Some pictures of the grounds around the Center would also be helpful so that I have more options on where to take the picture. So far I am planning on taking it on MAY 27 between 8 and 10 PM. I don't know where it will be taken yet, and remember that this date and time will probably change when(and if) GenCon releases an itinerary for C4. Please reply and let me know how this works for you as I want to get as much Rebelscum as possible into this picture!

Reaction score

BurntJawa said:
Or check here:
http://www.gencon.com/2007/swciv/exhibitors/default.aspx

It looks like Aisle 600 at the LucasArts(627) would be good. Because there's a lot of space to hang at and wait for people to show up. What do you think?
From my experience, the exhibit hall is a poor place for a larger group to meet. Even the most open spaces get crowded real quick.
-theropod

Reaction score

Thank you BurntJawa! The sites you sent were really helpful!
Although your idea of where to take the photo is a good place for everyone to hang out at, it would stop the flow of traffic while we got everyone in position and if we take multiple photos with different cameras. I was looking for an out-of-the-way area that would probably hold all the Scummers and not disrupt traffic or block people from seeing/doing/entering/exiting anything. I think I managed to find a suitable place for this on the first site you posted. Click on the link, click on Concourse, take the virtual tour called The Concourse, look around where the camera is, and let me know what you think. Notice that we can take the photo from numerous places, depending on how many show up. If only about 10-20 show up, we can take it from the entrance to the area with the outside as a backdrop. Notice the numerous other areas that seem to duplicate the one where the camera is located so we use one of those if we want a different backdrop, or if the others are full of people who had the same idea.If 20-40 show up, we can take it from the similar areas to the left and right of the one the camera is on. If more than 40 show up, we probably might have to move it to the lower level or have people sit, kneel, and stand to get them all in, although the railing would block those sitting and kneeling.
In that case, we'll either have to move to the lower level and block traffic for the shortest time possible, or move to a different location. This has been a long post, so I'll ask my next question in the next one.

Reaction score

I'm back!
My next question is: Does anyone know if GenCon has rented the entire Convention Center? I think they have, but if they haven't, can anyone tell me what areas they did rent? Thanks!
Double Post!

Reaction score

I would also like everyone who wants to take part to write in or PM me so I can start making a list and get a rough estimate of how many will show up. Thanks!

Note: I am automatically adding richkulach, Obi_Phantom_Jedi, d_edwards, jodokast421, and SteveSith to the list since they said they would definitely want to attend. If anyone who is on the list wants to be taken off the list and vice-versa, either post it here or PM me and I'll put you on or take you off depending on what you want to do. Oh and by the way, I will need $10 per person attending for them to be in the photo, and an extra $5 if you want a copy of the photo for an unforgettable and one-of-a-kind memento of your C4 experience! JOKE!!!
The picture will be free, and you can bring your own camera and have the picture taken with that too, or I can e-mail it to you after C4. I will need your e-mail address or your Scum name so I can get in contact with you and send you the picture. Another long post!
I was hoping to put the list in this post, but now it'll have to wait until the next one!
Triple Post!

Reaction score

THE LIST (for the 8:45 taken at 9:00 sharp photo)

Definitely want to come

1. richkulach

2. Obi_Phantom_Jedi

3. d_edwards

4. jodokast421

5. SteveSith

6. darthvader1usa

7. MiniVader1USA

8. JediKnight87

9. JoshEEE

10. MasterRawas

Possibilities

1. theropod

2. wvstarwarsfan

3. dark_knight_of_the_rose

4. rizzo3232

5. JoeRhyno

6. Miarama

7. Grog_Starkiller

???????

1. Jedi_Justin

2. tk421_1_2

3. Shivannd

4. JediFrances

The List (For the 4:45 taken at 5:00 sharp photo)

Definitely want to come

1. Narukami

2. JGordon24

3. BurntJawa

Possibilities

1. Shivannd

2. Grog_Starkiller

3. Jovial_Jay

???????

Quad Post!

Reaction score

Remember to write in to voice your ideas and to change which list you're on!

Quint Post!

Reaction score

How does 8:45 P.M. at the Concourse area on the 27th sound?
The picture would be taken at 9:00 sharp, so that gives everyone 15 minutes to show up if they haven't already.
Sound good everyone?

Reaction score

I'd be up for it, but have a suggestion:

1. Change the name of the thread from "a cool idea" to "Rebelscum Group Photo" followed by the date it's going to take place. That way people will have some idea what this thread is about and those that want to will be more likely to come.

As long as it's not at a time when there's some other event, I'm down.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Ephantmon0 said:
THE LIST

Definitely want to come

1. richkulach

2. Obi_Phantom_Jedi

3. d_edwards

4. jodokast421

5. SteveSith

6. darthvader1usa

7. MiniVader1USA

8. JediKnight87

9. JoshEEE

10. JGordon24

Possibilities

1. MasterRawas (P.S. It's for a photo, not a party. Sorry!)

2. BurntJawa

3. theropod

4. wvstarwarsfan

5. dark_knight_of_the_rose

???????

1. Jedi_Justin

2. JoeRhyno

3. tk421_1_2

4. Jovial_Jay

5. Shivannd

6. JediFrances

Quad Post!

Reaction score

I seriously doubt I will make it - so much stuff going on. Although anyone is welcome to get a picture with me. I'm only charging $5 per photo.

Oh, and keep in mind the MR party is the evening of the 27th. That's the only important thing about my post. Move along.
-theropod

Reaction score

That is the night of the Rebel Legion / Fanforce mixer....I will try to come but I have already paid for the mixer so I am def going to that...

Reaction score

THE LIST

Definitely want to come

1. richkulach
2. Obi_Phantom_Jedi
3. d_edwards
4. jodokast421
5. SteveSith
6. darthvader1usa
7. MiniVader1USA
8. JediKnight87
9. JoshEEE
10. JGordon24
11. MasterRawas

Possibilities

1. BurntJawa
2. theropod
3. wvstarwarsfan
4. dark_knight_of_the_rose
5. Miarama
6. Joerhyno

???????

1. Jedi_Justin
2. tk421_1_2
3. Jovial_Jay
4. Shivannd
5. JediFrances

Reaction score

Shivannd said:
That is the night of the Rebel Legion / Fanforce mixer....I will try to come but I have already paid for the mixer so I am def going to that...
DITTO for me. I would like to show up,but really want to PARTY!! I'll be at the mixer too!

Reaction score

Ephantmon0 said:
How does 8:45 P.M. at the Concourse area on the 27th sound?
The picture would be taken at 9:00 sharp, so that gives everyone 15 minutes to show up if they haven't already.
Sound good everyone?
So is this the final agreed-upon date/time?