Rebelscum.com Continues

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Heather, I'm Joshua Durazzo's wife and one of the new owners of the site. I wanted to introduce myself to you all here in the forums now as the running of Rebelscum.com is slowly being transferred from Philip to Joshua.
I have seen a couple concerns raised here about changes that may happen to the forums, and I wanted to assure everyone that we have no plans on changing the forums, because we see how much you all use & love the current format.
Our overall plan for the site is only to build on what is already here, and we are working with Philip and his team to preserve everything that they have built.
We want Rebelscum.com to continue now more than ever to be the collector's toolbox, and that includes taking cues from the community as to how you use those tools.
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome, and we are looking forward to continuing to bring you great content on Rebelscum.com!
MTFBWY

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck! The only thing that needs a refresh is the homepage, which isn't even mobile-friendly.

Reaction score
Welcome, and please, don't change these forums. They are much better since the last upgrade, and we like them. This is one of the few sites I still frequent almost daily. I'd like to continue to do so.

Reaction score
The forums are easily the most active SW figure forums on the internet, please do not mess with a good thing.

Welcome to have new folks running things, ideally they would make for a more active front page/news, as that is the one thing here that really lacks.

Reaction score
Welcome, and please, don't change these forums. They are much better since the last upgrade, and we like them. This is one of the few sites I still frequent almost daily. I'd like to continue to do so.

Agreed. I visit here daily and I love the interaction. I do wish the forum would continue and add more third parties to interact with fans. I know GG is active here would be nice to see more.

The forums are easily the most active SW figure forums on the internet, please do not mess with a good thing.

Welcome to have new folks running things, ideally they would make for a more active front page/news, as that is the one thing here that really lacks.

Also agreed. Plus the photo archives would use an updating of missing items.

Reaction score
Agreed. I visit here daily and I love the interaction. I do wish the forum would continue and add more third parties to interact with fans. I know GG is active here would be nice to see more.

Also agreed. Plus the photo archives would use an updating of missing items.

The photo archive has changed quite a bit. Some of the earlier pages had lots of photos, and would compare repaints or reissues side by side. There would be break downs and articulation points highlighted. Some of the more recent entries have been rather basic, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Heather, so great to "meet" you, it is wonderful news to know there is a woman around so we girls can have a little bit more attention on our collecting wants and needs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad you are planning to keep the forum the same. I'm really digging the daily videos, and that "retro 80's" animated intro and music is AWESOME!!

Reaction score
I'll second the Photo Archive could use some updating. The language filter could use some loosening as well. It's mostly annoying when commonly used words that could have double connotations get asterisked out.

Also, I'm available for an Administrator position, or King Moderator, or maybe just one of those VIP insignia's under my name. 🧐

Reaction score
The grammar on the headline for the most recent post about force casting is riddled with grammatical errors. Can someone fix that? Looks pretty bad.

Reaction score
Thanks. And please stop with the "what if the legacy universe" articles. This is a collecting site. News about what's coming out and where to get it is what always made it great.

Last edited:

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks. And please stop with the "what if the legacy universe" articles. This is a collecting site. Need about what's coming out and where to get it is what always made it great.
We will definitely be continuing collecting news, as well as adding more content like new articles and videos! 👍

Reaction score
We will definitely be continuing collecting news, as well as adding more content like new articles and videos! 👍
Videos of new and current collectibles instead of old lines that Order 66 would like you to go hunting for (at their store) would be cool.

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
Videos of new and current collectibles instead of old lines that Order 66 would like you to go hunting for (at their store) would be cool.
I'm sorry if you dont like the direction we're taking the site, we are trying to open up information and discussions with new collectors as well as people who have been collecting for years.
Feel free to message me if you have any more concerns

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
For anyone who is interested, Josh and I will be doing a live Q&A on the Rebelscum.com Facebook page at 4pm CST this Thursday 7/29. If you have questions about the forums especially, or anything about the site in general, please join and participate! You can find the Facebook page at facebook.com/rebelscumcom

Reaction score
Hi Heather, apologies if this was addressed in the Q&A, but has Order 66 (a retailer) considered that owning a Star Wars collecting news site might pose as a conflict of interest in the eyes of site sponsors, like Entertainment Earth?

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Heather, apologies if this was addressed in the Q&A, but has Order 66 (a retailer) considered that owning a Star Wars collecting news site might pose as a conflict of interest in the eyes of site sponsors, like Entertainment Earth?
Yes that is something that we took into consideration, but all of that was cleared up before we ever signed for the website. All site sponsors seem to be happy and have been retained since the switch.

Reaction score
For anyone who is interested, Josh and I will be doing a live Q&A on the Rebelscum.com Facebook page at 4pm CST this Thursday 7/29. If you have questions about the forums especially, or anything about the site in general, please join and participate! You can find the Facebook page at facebook.com/rebelscumcom

I don't use FB, but someone sent me your YT live stream link, and I have to say, I'm happy to hear that you'll both be addressing some issues on the site and are looking at ways to improve it.

As a retired Mod from these forums, the advertisements have been an ongoing concern for a number of users, not only were many not collectible related, but they'd cover so much of the page, that the Rebelscum content was being drown out.

I'm also glad you don't have tolerance for scalping - I would personally include hoarding with that as well, as it was part of the original Collect to Collect Code, which was a cornerstone for the site (seen in my signature).

A visual checklist of the entire Kenner / Hasbro run over the decades would be an amazing addition. Perhaps you could partner with sites like JediBusiness, which have extensive visual archives for all the toy lines, alongside the great photo archives here on RS.

You make a good point about negativity in the video - it happens here in the forums, but not as much lately. I don't see the point in constantly being negative about differences in scale, articulation, or media. Some users disrupt threads just to pronounce their hate for something - where's the relevance? Constructive criticism is often useful for products, but bashing movies endlessly (for example) is not needed.

I'm looking forward to the renewed relationship the site has with Hasbro, hopefully you can draw from the forums for questions during the Q&A sessions, and get users more involved in the process. This can also be done by running polls on the site - a long held pastime.

Finally, as I suggested in another thread, perhaps when you post collecting news, you can link to the relevant thread in the forums to direct traffic and further discussion. There is a core group of many longtime members, but also a nice spectrum of new users, which will hopefully increase in the days to come. Best of luck, I'm looking forward to seeing the site evolve.

Reaction score
I hope this place doesn't end up like Wfigs now where the site is owned, moderated, and ran by an e-tailer (in that case Ringside Collectibles) where everything is blatantly funneled to their website. Can't even discuss bootlegs over (like Tunghori for example) because it takes away from potential sale at the RSC storefront.

I urge members here that have never visited that site/forum to take a gander and tell me it doesn't look similar to what is going on here.

Main site

Forums

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope this place doesn't end up like Wfigs now where the site is owned, moderated, and ran by an e-tailer (in that case Ringside Collectibles) where everything is blatantly funneled to their website. Can't even discuss bootlegs over (like Tunghori for example) because it takes away from potential sale at the RSC storefront.

I urge members here that have never visited that site/forum to take a gander and tell me it doesn't look similar to what is going on here.

Main site

Forums
What website would we be sending people to? And the content we have been working hard to put out hasn't been funneling people anywhere but here. We, and an entire team of people, have been continually working to add to this website, and no other, to keep it moving and growing, with the help of Philip Wise and many of his admins. If you have any other concerns, I would direct you to his comment on his retirement thread.

Reaction score
What website would we be sending people to? And the content we have been working hard to put out hasn't been funneling people anywhere but here. We, and an entire team of people, have been continually working to add to this website, and no other, to keep it moving and growing, with the help of Philip Wise and many of his admins. If you have any other concerns, I would direct you to his comment on his retirement thread.

What website would you be sending people to? The one that is set-up to take credit cards and has a cart. If I'm off-base and https://order66toyshop.com/ isn't yours I apologize. I don't see anything for sale but I'm pretty sure that is like a one-click function.

I'll hope for the best - I've been here for almost 20 years in some capacity so it would be unfortunate to see this place slowly end up as a storefront in disguise.

That being said the Photo Archive here used to be the best one online and it has been pretty awful over the past few years. It would be cool to see that area get some attention.

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
What website would you be sending people to? The one that is set-up to take credit cards and has a cart. If I'm off-base and https://order66toyshop.com/ isn't yours I apologize. I don't see anything for sale but I'm pretty sure that is like a one-click function.

I'll hope for the best - I've been here for almost 20 years in some capacity so it would be unfortunate to see this place slowly end up as a storefront in disguise.

That being said the Photo Archive here used to be the best one online and it has been pretty awful over the past few years. It would be cool to see that area get some attention.
Yes, that website is ours but hasn't been used since 2017, and certainly wouldn't be anywhere we would send anyone to, much less the Rebelscum community, when we are keeping those 2 entities completely separate, as we have said several times. I would urge you to let the work we're doing speak for itself before jumping to conclusions.
The only thing we have planned for Rebelscum.com is more content, updating the photo archive, and clarifying rules on the forums, especially where it concerns negativity and bashing.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Reaction score
Yes, that website is ours but hasn't been used since 2017, and certainly wouldn't be anywhere we would send anyone to, much less the Rebelscum community, when we are keeping those 2 entities completely separate, as we have said several times. I would urge you to let the work we're doing speak for itself before jumping to conclusions.
The only thing we have planned for Rebelscum.com is more content, updating the photo archive, and clarifying rules on the forums, especially where it concerns negativity and bashing.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Well that is good to hear... :cool:

Reaction score
My perception has been the opposite.

As a login user, Im still pretty new here so my frame of reference only extends back to Jan 2020, but there have been more articles regarding conceptual/character/literary Fandom content (Legacy series, NJO series now) in the last few weeks than in the year time before hand.

Besides which- there's been BBTS dedicated article spots and EE links all over the place long before the change over.

I clicked the wrestling figs site and I don't see the stark marketing similarities here that you are right to be weary of, or at least perhaps it's just not as blatant and it's not anything new in the side columns advertising here that hasn't always been here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can we get a Hasbro Modern Classifieds thread back in action? I had a heck of time finding even an active link to sell figures on here and I know there used to be a dedicated thread. Vintage Kenner has one, why not Modern Hasbro ?

Reaction score
Hello all...as you can see from my joined date, I am an old member of Rebel Scum. I live nearby the excellent Star Wars stores these new owners are associated with. Without exception, the staff and owners are incredibly cool, incredibly kind, and incredibly knowledgeable about their given trade.

It is this that brings me back to an active member of RebelScum. I'm very excited to see what ways they will improve the site, while not taking anything away that you all hold dear.

I've still been collecting all these years, and I am beyond confident of the intent and ownership of this pedigree forums. The site is in excellent hands!

Reaction score
A different perspective: Order 66 fan now a member of Rebel Scum because of the affiliation! Love the new content from Bobby and I’m seriously in awe of all the resources and history here on Rebel Scum. Super cool community!!