Rebels

GNT

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those not using torrents and who would like to watch the show, the first episode of Rebels will be on the 11th of this month on ch73 (or one of the 7 networks channels) at 4.30 in the afternoon :)

It was alright episode btw.

I wonder when the toys will start showing up lol :p

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those not using torrents and who would like to watch the show, the first episode of Rebels will be on the 11th of this month on ch73 (or one of the 7 networks channels) at 4.30 in the afternoon :)

It was alright episode btw.

I wonder when the toys will start showing up lol :p

I downloaded the movie length episode "Spark of the Rebellion" and I thought it was pretty good.

Loved how it felt like the OT alot compared to the Clone Wars.

Looking forward to the third episode now as soon as its available for download so I can see C-3P0 and R2-D2 in action.

Don't think I will be collecting the toys though just like how I didn't from The Clone Wars unless they make realistic sculpts of the main characters like they did with Obi Wan, Anakin and Asoka in The Vintage Collection line.

I usually just stick to the movies only. B)

GNT

Reaction score
I just finished watching the 3rd episode, a bit of a tiff between R2 and Chopper lol. It's an alright episode :)

GNT

Reaction score
I've seen those cheap 12" $20 dolls out now for Rebels, they aren't that bad actually but I'll wait for a sale to pick a couple up :)

Reaction score
Toyworld has started stocking the Star Wars Rebels line. I bought the twin pack of Zeb and the Stormtrooper yesterday :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Does anyone know if we will be getting the 18" Star Wars Rebels line - Tie Pilot, Scout Trooper like great.
Available in the US from Target,Kmart Amazon etc

GNT

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Does anyone know if we will be getting the 18" Star Wars Rebels line - Tie Pilot, Scout Trooper like great.
Available in the US from Target,Kmart Amazon etc
Probably Target will get them, I hope the 3 inch line shows up at mass retail soon lol.

GNT

Reaction score
Finally found the first wave at Kmart, about time! Hasbro dropped the ball on these everywhere

Reaction score
Hey all. Merry Christmas.
Well, I received the two rebels lego sets yesterday, the ghost and the phantom. Took a few hours to build last night. Happy to say I am impressed with the ghost, but as a standalone item, the phantom does not cut it so much.. combined, as the sets should be, are great.
Plenty of fun, the phantom is completely different to most other Star Wars sets I have, a few minor flaws in the engineering side of things, but am happy with the item in general..
Something new is always good, looking forward to other set from the new animated series. (which we are also enjoying very much).

The new stormtrooper included in the set is awesome, from the 6 new minifigs included, the stormie is the best imo.

On another note, I have seen the new rebels action figure line and am a bit disappointed to see other figures from outside the series included in the rebels line. To say the least, I would have been interested in buying them but the new line is going to blow out in size very quickly. I don't like it when the manufacturers use a new title to promote items outside of that new title.. adds up to simple cash grab against standard marketing. Would have been interested if they kept the rebels line to rebels related figures only, then they could take my money.. of the figures I have seen thus far, the rebels characters look cool, but the PT/OT figures aren't so hot.. wrong decision Hasbro/Disney..

A very merry Christmas cheer to all ye scummers.. take care.

GNT

Reaction score
On another note, I have seen the new rebels action figure line and am a bit disappointed to see other figures from outside the series included in the rebels line. To say the least, I would have been interested in buying them but the new line is going to blow out in size very quickly. I don't like it when the manufacturers use a new title to promote items outside of that new title.. adds up to simple cash grab against standard marketing. Would have been interested if they kept the rebels line to rebels related figures only, then they could take my money.. of the figures I have seen thus far, the rebels characters look cool, but the PT/OT figures aren't so hot.. wrong decision Hasbro/Disney..
This post is bizarre to me, how about just buying the Rebels figures only? You don't have to pick up the OT/PT figures at all. For the most part that's what I'm doing - just the Rebels figures and the occasional awesome SL figure Hasbro makes that impresses me (Stormtrooper for example).

Reaction score
This post is bizarre to me, how about just buying the Rebels figures only? You don't have to pick up the OT/PT figures at all. For the most part that's what I'm doing - just the Rebels figures and the occasional awesome SL figure Hasbro makes that impresses me (Stormtrooper for example).
Well, it is really quite simple. You've heard the reference to 'completionists'? Yes, that's me. If I get #'s 1, 4, and 6 (for eg.) I (don't need to, but) feel obliged to buying all others within the series. Again, it could have been easy for Hasbro to market "Rebels" figures in a completely separate line, but they chose not to, I think because they know people like me are out there and they wish to capitalise on that (a form of ocd perhaps? maybe...) so I won't support them.

Look at it this way.. When Lego (a great company) release a new line of lego titled "Rebels" (from the TV show - whatever), do they then release locations and characters not directly involved with the series? ...No?..... Why?
Because Lego is a creative, engaging, and quality company, Hasbro is not.

But then, comparing those 2 companies against each other is hardly fair, isn't it.. (rhetorical)

GNT

Reaction score
Well, it is really quite simple. You've heard the reference to 'completionists'? Yes, that's me. If I get #'s 1, 4, and 6 (for eg.) I (don't need to, but) feel obliged to buying all others within the series. Again, it could have been easy for Hasbro to market "Rebels" figures in a completely separate line, but they chose not to, I think because they know people like me are out there and they wish to capitalise on that (a form of ocd perhaps? maybe...) so I won't support them.
I used to be a completist so you can say it's a bit OCD or a disease, I've been there and done that. It gets to the point where your buying the same figure over and over again to just have it in the collection. If the person has the money to keep buying the same item over again more power to them but luckily I got out of that and only buy what I want - it frees up lots of money and space. I tend to stick to new characters in plastic form that haven't been made or if a figure is a much needed upgrade eg if Hasbro made a new Yakface I'd buy but I'm not buying another Darth Vader for example.

At the end of the day Hasbro isn't walking past with a checklist making sure you have everything though they would be proud if you have everything :D

Viewing this forums on a daily basis for years I'd say there's less completists around now. Maybe Hasbro killed it with bad distribution but I think it's getting to the point where everyone already has what they want made and there's little left to do besides background characters or some upgrades.

Hasbro has 3 lines going atm - TBS 6", TBS 3" and the SL/Rebels line. The SL/Rebels line is for all the 5POA figures be it PT, OT or Rebels, the Rebels figures are just a sub division of the original Saga Legends concept. What your asking for is for Hasbro to further separate the SL/Rebels line into 2 lines, this would mean we'd have 4 toy lines competing on the toy shelves! Most people don't even collect the SL/Rebels figures anyway due to lack of articulation. IMO Hasbro have made the right move in combining 2 lines that not many people are interested in into the one, this keeps that line under control and doesn't take away from the TBS 3" line.

Reaction score
I used to be a completist so you can say it's a bit OCD or a disease, I've been there and done that. It gets to the point where your buying the same figure over and over again to just have it in the collection. If the person has the money to keep buying the same item over again more power to them but luckily I got out of that and only buy what I want - it frees up lots of money and space. I tend to stick to new characters in plastic form that haven't been made or if a figure is a much needed upgrade eg if Hasbro made a new Yakface I'd buy but I'm not buying another Darth Vader for example.

At the end of the day Hasbro isn't walking past with a checklist making sure you have everything though they would be proud if you have everything :D

Viewing this forums on a daily basis for years I'd say there's less completists around now. Maybe Hasbro killed it with bad distribution but I think it's getting to the point where everyone already has what they want made and there's little left to do besides background characters or some upgrades.

Hasbro has 3 lines going atm - TBS 6", TBS 3" and the SL/Rebels line. The SL/Rebels line is for all the 5POA figures be it PT, OT or Rebels, the Rebels figures are just a sub division of the original Saga Legends concept. What your asking for is for Hasbro to further separate the SL/Rebels line into 2 lines, this would mean we'd have 4 toy lines competing on the toy shelves! Most people don't even collect the SL/Rebels figures anyway due to lack of articulation. IMO Hasbro have made the right move in combining 2 lines that not many people are interested in into the one, this keeps that line under control and doesn't take away from the TBS 3" line.

You've made a few good points there GNT.

But you should really pick up the new Black Series 3 inch ROTS Darth Vader.

He is one of the best Darth Vaders Hasbro has ever made IMO.

I wasn't going to get him but heard so many good things about him that I bought one to see what all the fuss was about.

Glad I did too. Best Darth Vader 3 inch figure out there IMO. B)

Reaction score
A query..
To sort something out..
I'd like the facts if at all possible. Query relates to a scenes from Rebels episode 13.
Firstly, i was of the assumption, from info read at an earlier date, that inquisitors are merely spectators, and not users of the force. Yet in the latest episode during the scene with Tarkin, Inquisitor and Kanan, the inquisitor clearly uses the force to move 2 objects.
Can someone please clear up for me the conflicting info i have been reading about inquisitors NOT being force users, rather than collectors of relics and spectators alone..
As far as my recollection goes, i think this is the first time we have actually seen the inquisitor openly use the force. (Other than him wielding a saber, which even Han Solo can do.. )

What's the story?

GNT

Reaction score
7Mate will be having a Rebels marathon on Monday May the 4th from around 11.30-5.30 (something like that)