Rebels - Figures that need to be made?

Reaction score
I'll try to take pictures later. For now both Sabine and the Tie Pilot I'll use for this custom are still carded so I don't have a good look at it through the plastic bubble. In the Rebels episode she seems shorter and thinner than the other pilots though.

Reaction score
After Visions and Voices, I'd like to see Maul retooled to be fully clothed, and a Nightsister ghost. It would be equally cool to have a Bendu in action figure form, I just don't know if that's viable.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Build a Bendu (but it would still be too small). It would only work if Rebels had a dedicated line though.
I'd like a build a spider.

Reaction score
If he ad been smaller, possibly. But then again, they really aren't going that deep in this line.

Reaction score
Nothing against the Phantom, or anyone who likes it. But that is one unimaginatively bland craft, compared to the ultra sleek conveyance next to it!
Somewhere along the line, the design team got lazy. Or they just couldn't afford better corners. lol

Reaction score
I don't think it's unimaginative. It's deliberately recalling the design aesthetic of the late 1970s, which the series is doing in droves with its design all over the place.

See:

and perhaps most importantly:

I think it's quite clever and works very well. Alas that it's been replaced.

Reaction score
It's the poor man's Imperial Shuttle. The flash speeder is awesome though, I just wish it wasn't Charlotte Hornets teal. It is a child of the 90s and the imac however...

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought it was 2016/17, not circa 1980. Cool back then? yes. Cool today? Not really.
IMO, some of the toys from way back are better looking than the current offerings. And even in the cheap mini rigs etc. There was more thought put into them, than it seems was put into today's vehicles. TFA was a bore fest. R1 the jury is still out until I see it. But so far I'm not impressed.

Reaction score
We'll most likely never get Wedge in a TIE Pilot uniform so I went ahead and made my own.

Head: Wedge Antilles Black Series Snowspeeder Pilot (repainted head cap black)
Body: Biggs Darklighter Imperial Pilot Legacy I

JVM

Reaction score
Agent Kallus re-issue would be nice, bonus if they can figure out a removable helmet that isn't awful.

A two-pack of Sabine and Wedge as TIE Pilots is borderline necessary though.

Reaction score
Just have watched the mid-season trailer and that's a dozen more figures I'd like to have that we'll never see.

Reaction score
Sabine's clan definitely need to be made female leader(Sabine's mom?) and a generic male.
Obi-Wan
Wedge & Imperial Sabine
Saw
Mon Mothma

I'd take a hero series Ghost over everything combined though. Just make a slot for the Phantom to connect and thats it. Im fine if its exactly like the Falcon with no paint and not openable.

Reaction score
Really cool cards. Sato, Ketsu, Tarkin, and Lando for sure. Maybe Wedge (as his role seems to be getting larger from the SIII midseason trailer).

JVM

Reaction score
I wrote out an extremely long post and lost it, but if I had to pick the bare minimum of what I think we need to see, excluding S3 updates to main characters. (I'd even like an S3 Hera, she deserves a new mold imo ) Saw Gerrara and Obi-Wan, who I'm sure is coming.

- Lando Calrissian
- Hondo Ohnaka
- Cham Syndulla
- Agent Kallus w/ Removable Helmet
- Ezra Bridger (in Scout Trooper disguise)
- 2-Pack: Cmdr. Jun Sato and ??? unsure
- 2-Pack: TIE Fighter Sabine and Wedge Antilles
- 2-Pack: Grand Moff Tarkin and Minister Maketh Tua
- Sabine's TIE Fighter w/ S1 Sabine Wren (repainted S2 figure)

The single-packs are major enough characters that they should sell well to kids and casual collectors alike, with Cham being the biggest gamble. The two main two-packs each contain a major character with casual or kid appeal (Sabine and Tarkin, though his kid appeal is limited) and a collector appeal character (Wedge and my darling Tua) plus Sato is pretty necessary but I questioned his appeal on his own? Couldn't find someone to place him with. TIE requires no new tooling, just a repaint. It'd obviously be nice to get a new basic TIE too, but my whole point here is to be conservative!!

tbh if I had to pick any ONE of these, I'd pick Tua.

Reaction score
They really should get a Tarkin out to capitalize on Rogue One. It's not like we'll get another chance to see him in some other spinoff.

Reaction score
I wrote out an extremely long post and lost it, but if I had to pick the bare minimum of what I think we need to see, excluding S3 updates to main characters. (I'd even like an S3 Hera, she deserves a new mold imo ) Saw Gerrara and Obi-Wan, who I'm sure is coming. - Lando Calrissian - Hondo Ohnaka - Cham Syndulla - Agent Kallus w/ Removable Helmet - Ezra Bridger (in Scout Trooper disguise) - 2-Pack: Cmdr. Jun Sato and ??? unsure - 2-Pack: TIE Fighter Sabine and Wedge Antilles - 2-Pack: Grand Moff Tarkin and Minister Maketh Tua - Sabine's TIE Fighter w/ S1 Sabine Wren (repainted S2 figure) The single-packs are major enough characters that they should sell well to kids and casual collectors alike, with Cham being the biggest gamble. The two main two-packs each contain a major character with casual or kid appeal (Sabine and Tarkin, though his kid appeal is limited) and a collector appeal character (Wedge and my darling Tua) plus Sato is pretty necessary but I questioned his appeal on his own? Couldn't find someone to place him with. TIE requires no new tooling, just a repaint. It'd obviously be nice to get a new basic TIE too, but my whole point here is to be conservative!! tbh if I had to pick any ONE of these, I'd pick Tua.
Wedge and Sabine 2 pack would do crazy. Wedge gives you a base animated Rebel pilot in addition to himself. Sabine while also cool as herself gives you a generic female Imperial pilot. I'd certainly buy multiples. I'd kill for Sabine's Tie, I considered doing it myself but that paintjob is too intricate for my time and patience.

Reaction score
They really should get a Tarkin out to capitalize on Rogue One. It's not like we'll get another chance to see him in some other spinoff.
Oh, i don't know. Now that they've the CGI down for it. He could show up in Han Solo, or pretty much any movie set between TCW and ANH.

I'd buy a Ketsu figure!

Reaction score
Time to get busy Hasbro:

I'd be down for all of these. great work on the cardbacks.

as to why Hasbro is not releasing more Rebels figures is sheer mystery to me. I know it was confusing when they were making the TLC and TCW lines together but I think that was also based on the cards looking way to similar. give us 2 different lines and 2 completely different cards and it should work.

Reaction score
It's no mystery to me, look how many they didn't release for TCW. I'm simply amazed at all the characters the line didn't get. And how it survived so long with Main Heroes all the time.

Reaction score
It's no mystery to me, look how many they didn't release for TCW. I'm simply amazed at all the characters the line didn't get. And how it survived so long with Main Heroes all the time.
yea, it was like after Season 3, the TCW line pretty much gave up on making figures. So many marketable characters never made it to the pegs. Maul's Red Mando Warriors come to my mind first. Teen Age Boba Fett & Friends. And so many easily repaintable clones. I would have bought them all.

Reaction score
Clone Wars remains the biggest missed opportunity for figures when it comes to the later seasons, there are many I'd still love to own, though I customized several already. As for Rebels, my wishlist is much smaller, and many of those characters drop off my radar as a new season starts. I think Hasbro is covering the series rather well as it is, though I would enjoy a bit more variety.

Reaction score
Actually, if a kid were to start to collect Rebels figures now, he would have a hard time finding the most basic characters. Right now I could only find Kanan in Stormtrooper armor, Sabine, Leia, and perhaps Erza and Hera with vehicles. The Rebels line now is very much neglected for a show that is currently on air and hitting its stride. If you want Rex, Zeb, Chopper, A5, Kallus, or a few more regulars, you would be hard pressed to find any of them. Even the future remains bleak with just Fen Rau and Thrawn the only announced Rebels figures still to be released.

Reaction score
according to rumor mills Rebels may end at Season 3 for a all new animated SW show to start. not sure how accurate this is, but if they were to end Rebels this year I'd definitely want it to end with a tie in to Rogue One

Reaction score
Why so soon, are they in need of a show targeted to a much younger age group? Plus, when would this new show be set? Something between ROTJ and TFA? Possibly might be the only interest for me, I'm a bit fatigued with the ANH era.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rebels, but I'm not quite ready for the end yet. Especially if the change isn't one I like. I guess they feel now that R1 is out, there's not much left they can do.

Reaction score
Actually, if a kid were to start to collect Rebels figures now, he would have a hard time finding the most basic characters. Right now I could only find Kanan in Stormtrooper armor, Sabine, Leia, and perhaps Erza and Hera with vehicles. The Rebels line now is very much neglected for a show that is currently on air and hitting its stride. If you want Rex, Zeb, Chopper, A5, Kallus, or a few more regulars, you would be hard pressed to find any of them. Even the future remains bleak with just Fen Rau and Thrawn the only announced Rebels figures still to be released.
I was referring to their cumulative coverage of Rebels characters since the show started. There are certain core characters that could be repacked, just like with the CW line, but Hasbro seems to be more cautious with Rebels. Zeb and Chopper were actually repacked together, so those shouldn't be all that difficult to track down. I'm honestly surprised they havent done a Ghost crew multipack as an exclusive with all repacks.

Reaction score
Why so soon, are they in need of a show targeted to a much younger age group? Plus, when would this new show be set? Something between ROTJ and TFA? Possibly might be the only interest for me, I'm a bit fatigued with the ANH era.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rebels, but I'm not quite ready for the end yet. Especially if the change isn't one I like. I guess they feel now that R1 is out, there's not much left they can do.
again it's just a rumor mill.. I'd be upset if they ended after 3 seasons... plus it might feel too rushed and leave lots of questions unanswered.

as far as a "new" animated series in the works.... I'd love a series that bridges the gaps between ROTJ and TFA. that could be a great show. maybe start the show with the rise and fall of the Empire, the beginnings of the First Order and the rise and fall of Luke's Jedi Academy. plus they could give us some clues as to Rey's parents, have more episodes that have Leia (RIP Carrie Fisher) and Han's relationship and their son, show us the formation of the Resistance. the possibilities are endless.