Rebel X-Wing Fighter "Value Line"

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like Hasbro will be releasing the Rebel X-Wing Fighter as part of the "value" line so it'll be a small size vehicle aimed at the kids who can't hold or play with larger ships:

Picture via Yakface.com

Thoughts on this item? Who's buying it?

Reaction score
Actually amazing. Smaller ships, missing paint apps and features are now the main line and EVEN SMALLER SHIPS with FEWER paint apps and features are now the value line. Absolute blinder played by Hasbro.

Reaction score
These are the tiny one-hand held ships like the Falcon at Dollar General. They have no moving parts and do not hold figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
At least they did a rogue one x wing! And it works with the smart phone app too! All is well.

Reaction score
I remember how sad I was as a child of the 80s. 4 years old in 1984 and all I wanted was to be able to hold my X-Wing fighter in my tiny little four year old hands without dropping it. Sure I could fit a figure inside but it really was inappropriately proportioned for me.

.................said NO CHILD EVER!

Who's running this toy line????

Reaction score
I think these are geared towards kids in families with less expendable money, which is why the Falcon (and likely these too) will be exclusive to Dollar General. It allows kids of all walks of life to enjoy some genuine SW toys, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Reaction score
I remember how sad I was as a child of the 80s. 4 years old in 1984 and all I wanted was to be able to hold my X-Wing fighter in my tiny little four year old hands without dropping it. Sure I could fit a figure inside but it really was inappropriately proportioned for me.

.................said NO CHILD EVER!

Who's running this toy line????

lol hilarious

Reaction score
These actually remind me of when I was 8, I received a 1989 toy biz batmobile. Came WITH a batman figure. I was so excited.

And upon opening the box it was that underscaled "Turbine" sound one with a non-removable plastic molded batman torso in the front seat. I wasn't impressed.

Reaction score
They've had the Millenium Falcon one of these at my local Dollar General for a while now. It never really looked impressive enough to be worth even $15 to me, although I will admit that I've never actually seen the toy out of the box.

As someone who grew up in a low-income household, I can definitely appreciate what Hasbro is trying to do here. With vehicle toys crossing into the $40-$300 range, there needs to be an alternative for kids whose parents could never hope to afford a $50 X-Wing.

Reaction score
They've had the Millenium Falcon one of these at my local Dollar General for a while now. It never really looked impressive enough to be worth even $15 to me, although I will admit that I've never actually seen the toy out of the box.

As someone who grew up in a low-income household, I can definitely appreciate what Hasbro is trying to do here. With vehicle toys crossing into the $40-$300 range, there needs to be an alternative for kids whose parents could never hope to afford a $50 X-Wing.

Theres a $50 rogue one xwing ?

Reaction score
I think you missed the point he was making, which is a very valid one.

nope I didn't. I didn't miss the point at all. In fact within my question was a counter point that I was making. He's claiming this is an "alternative", to something. There is no other classic Star Wars x wing aimed at people with more money to spend. If you want a rogue one x wing, this IS your only option. The "value line" while it may very well be for low income families, is not the problem. The problem is...there's no high quality rogue one classic xwing alternative.

SO in summary before you worry about what I might have missed...worry about what YOU may have missed.

Reaction score
The line as a whole is an alternative to overpriced vehicle toys. Just because there is not a 1:1 correlation with releases among those overpriced vehicle toys, doesn't change that fact.

I don't plan to buy any of them at this moment, but I do think this line is a good idea and should probably be expanded to include more vehicles. It would almost be like a resurrected Action Fleet line, without the mini-figures.

Reaction score
nope I didn't. I didn't miss the point at all. In fact within my question was a counter point that I was making. He's claiming this is an "alternative", to something. There is no other classic Star Wars x wing aimed at people with more money to spend. If you want a rogue one x wing, this IS your only option. The "value line" while it may very well be for low income families, is not the problem. The problem is...there's no high quality rogue one classic xwing alternative.
No, this is not a problem for anyone except entitled collectors.

Reaction score
We'll see, when this thing shelfwarms and goes to $5 clearance! Just how popular it is...

I agree, it's nice to have something for the lower budget people. But is really too much to ask for one in the Collector line? Honestly, I've had my fill of X-Wings and Pilots. So I don't plan to buy one either way. But I suspect that any kid would be disappointed when you cannot put the pilot inside.
TBH, there are plenty other avenues for smaller ships. I see them all the time, all the way up from micro scale.

Though with the trend these days, I'm surprised they're even wasting the energy on them. It seems most of this stuff just ends up on Clearance, I'm surprised if they make any money anymore.

Reaction score
Wanting there to be items for collectors to spend their money on makes you an entitled collector.

Reaction score
Wanting there to be items for collectors to spend their money on makes you an entitled collector.
No--- complaining about a toy being released that someone else (likely someone less fortunate) may get to buy and enjoy simply because you're not getting what YOU want makes you an entitled collector.

Reaction score
No--- complaining about a toy being released that someone else (likely someone less fortunate) may get to buy and enjoy simply because you're not getting what YOU want makes you an entitled collector.

youre not an entitled collector though right?

Reaction score
If the sculpt on this thing is up to par, I will grab it simply to apply a custom paint job. I grabbed the Hero Falcon, put the time in to apply a proper paint job, cut styrene panels to apply where the decals would have gone, built custom sidewalls and applied a good weathering to it and actually ended up with a very nice Falcon to display.

I don't think the sculpt is gonna be up to par on this X-wing, but I actually hope it is.

Reaction score
And how..........................:(. It makes no sense for a film in this era to come out and there isn't an X-Wing in the 3.75" line.
I hope that Hasbro is holding back and waiting to surprise us with a classic X-Wing and classic TIE Fighter later in the Fall/Winter. It's not like they would even need new tooling for either one. Reissue Bigg's X-Wing from a few years ago in Rogue One colors and the slightly older big wing TIE Fighter.

Reaction score
I hope that Hasbro is holding back and waiting to surprise us with a classic X-Wing and classic TIE Fighter later in the Fall/Winter. It's not like they would even need new tooling for either one. Reissue Bigg's X-Wing from a few years ago in Rogue One colors and the slightly older big wing TIE Fighter.
It would be cool, but I think Hasbro seems pretty clear that what we've seen so far, is pretty much it for the RO line.

Reaction score
this is one more reason why I'm glad I have the Biggs X-Wing, Luke X-Wing and other versions of the X-Wing dating back to my original Kenner versions as a kid.

Reaction score
Yeah! but knowing our luck they will have the hideous Nerf feature or be the shrunken down incarnations ...

Reaction score
You're all entitled collectors for discussing the fact that you'd like a rogue one x wing. This is a star wars action figure collecting discussion forum. You don't come here and complain and voice your opinion about varies products. The only complaining that's allowed is complaining about entitled collectors complaining!

Reaction score
I really wish we could have something to be entitled about...

Hasbro not only screwed the pooch with the FA line but now seems to be desecrating the corpse with the RO line. Their strategy is to release a few characters and vehicles (packed with non selling repacks like the speeders), then sporadically release a few things before Episode 8. It will be like the FA figures, huge demand at first, a fall off in interest due to no new products, everything ends up in clearance, rile everyone up for episode 8, repeat...

no no way to sell product year round and very short sighted and stunted business model.

Reaction score
Im not surprised but I am curious about a few things. #1-Why a value line now? Its been obvious since TFA line that we are getting crappier toys at a higher price bc yes, its all about money, but why now? Why a value line to begin with? So we can separate into the Haves and the Have Nots? Why not just make decent toys at an affordable price? Who the heck wants to buy a $50 Xwing that has QA issues like bent guns and can barely seat the Poe pilot? Now we have a value X wing that probably doesn't open the cockpit and probably stuck in X position. I don't know if its Hasbro or Disney, but this SW line, this evergreen property, is really just starting to suck the fun out of everything. How about making the vehicles for 30$ with a figure. If you have a vehicle, you will want to buy a figure or perhaps a droid to go in the back. That's how its done. Now here we have a value line that is aimed at those less fortunate, if you think having a Poor line is going to work, you are sadly mistaken. Why not just make decent toys for a decent price. Ever hear of layaway? Do you really think kids are not going to know this is from a VALUE/Poe folks line? So now this will invite more criticism from those more fortunate. One line to rule them all. If someone's kid really wants it, a parent or parents will find a way. But jacking up prices to make up profits--seriously a 300$ At-Act with an app?? Is that even necessary? Not to mention grossly underscaled. How did we go from the BMF and BAT-AT to this in less than 3 years...oh yeah....Disney. Im sure it will have the despicable Nerf accessory. Im more than sure it will not have a pilot or the ability to take a pilot. The HERO X WING would have been perfect for the 6 inch Black line, but not all of us can customize, but that would have been amazing. Again, Hasbro/Disney, missing the mark. Why make a giant Xwing and not be able to put a figure in it or open the wings, yet you make a giant TIE fighter???

Reaction score
Now we have a value line for those that cant afford your overpriced toys, did I mention Target has been clearancing out your TFA stuff, TIE figher is 15$. Again, Hasbro/Disney, you miss the mark, get rid of the Nerf and the extraneous crap and get back to good sculpts, affordable prices and better designed vehicles. There is so much potential with this line its not even funny. The molds are there, new and better paint apps can be used and should be used. And for the love of St Peter, can someone please check and make sure the figures fit into the vehicle before you approve production. Thank you so much.

Reaction score
I don't think it qualifies as an economic alternative to the main vehicle line, because of lack of figure compatibility. These are inexpensive just models.

If only they cut the cockpit, molded a hinge on it and glued a hollow rectangle inside, then it would be an interesting alternative to the mainline.

But then, who would buy those overpriced under scaled crates full of features nobody wants?

An econo, figure compatible vehicle line would mean very few people would buy the "full" vehicles, Hasbro would literally cannibalizing their line.

The box art is amazing, though.

Reaction score
At least the wings are open on this one. :awesome:

Now it just remains to be seen if this is really value for money after we see the price tag. If it's a decent price I'm not opposed to what they're trying to do here. Does seem strange they're making this at all though. Technically if it doesn't fit any figures in it then it shouldn't really be considered as part of the figure line and be discussed in a different part of the forum. At least the earlier class 2 vehicles etc could still fit figures in even though they were undersized.

Reaction score
The last two posts, very well said.

Btw I just want to point out, as strange as it may seem, the Hero Series x wing is nearly perfectly scaled for the 3.75 inch figures, and not the 6" line. This is most easily observed by looking at the size of the R2 in the back. Also photos of mark Hamil near the x wing in the film. While we tend to think of the x wing as a "small one man fighter", it's only small compared to the giant ships in the Star Wars universe. It's still an interstellar space craft of considerable size. The 6" line is compatible with the hero series x wing in the same way the 3.75 " figures are compatible with the Kenner X wing. It works, it's just not exactly accurate. The hero series xwing is a fantastic sculpt and I really wish hasbro would add some mobility to it and turn it into something more.

Reaction score
I don't think it qualifies as an economic alternative to the main vehicle line, because of lack of figure compatibility. These are inexpensive just models.
Yes, just like those old MPC model kits were inexpensive alternatives to the vintage Kenner line back in the 1980s. I know this because those kits were what my brother and I got when we were kids. By 1985, the largest 3.75" vehicle that I owned was the Ewok hang glider.

Reaction score
I really wish we could have something to be entitled about...
I'm not sure if you really understand what the word "entitled" means. Being entitled doesn't mean that you simply want something, it is the idea that you deserve it for whatever reason.

Merely wanting Hasbro to make something is not entitlement. Acting likes Hasbro owes you something, because you've been buying their product for years and they would be nothing without you (or some similar reason), is most definitely entitlement.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you really understand what the word "entitled" means. Being entitled doesn't mean that you simply want something, it is the idea that you deserve it for whatever reason.

Merely wanting Hasbro to make something is not entitlement. Acting likes Hasbro owes you something, because you've been buying their product for years and they would be nothing without you (or some similar reason), is most definitely entitlement.
I meant there have been no new product at all for 3.75 inch collectors for months.