Rebel Vanguard Trooper - #53

Reaction score
Yeah, I also think RFT's got a better shot at a great figure than the Vanguard. Heck, the Battlefront guys probably just wanted to make the Vanguard a bit more 'battle-ready' while still lookin like an RFT, hence the Endor-style outfit. Or they were just going totally Endor with the troops (Soldier & Marksman) but decided to change it late in the game for some helmet variety for the heavy-artillery guy, and swapped colors too. Or they just wanted everyone in the ROTJ-style uniforms, no matter what color or helmets. Whatever
As cheap a repaint/part-swap as this guy is, he was just as cheap a repaint in the game! If we EVER got a 'new' Vanguard, I'd want the geared-up Yavin Hangar Guy from BF2. He'd be pretty dull as JUST the hangar guy, but if his chest gear were removable he'd probably fit in just fine. The sticklers could just swap his cargo-pants legs with extra Honor Guards if they had to

Reaction score
Yup was just about to post that my proto source had a carded sample with the bazooka packaged with him.

Reaction score
That's great - I was worried for a bit. I'm definitely picking him up.

Reaction score
I like the bazooka and the coin, but I am still passing, I will see if I can get the bazooka and the coin bu the figure no thank you.

Reaction score
Sweet! He comes with the right weapon!
I'm pretty excited about this figure!!

GAR

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Sweet! He comes with the right weapon!
I'm pretty excited about this figure!!
Yeah, I am too. Though I'm really hoping this is the last tour of duty for that lame torso sculpt.

Reaction score
<font color="blue">I love this figure, yeah it's a "cheapy" repaint and not the best body but i LOVE the battlefront rebel forces designs.

For now tho' since we don't have any other battlefront rebels yet I'm gonna stick these guys in my ROTJ briefing room rebels. IMO it really looks like a rebel design that'd be in the movie, thats one of the things i really liked about the battlefront rebels.

</font>

Reaction score
So glad they included the rocket launcher. I'll definately get this! Let's hope they make a rebel pack to finish the other troops!

Reaction score
I was hesitant about this wave at first, but now there are a few that I want, this figure being on the top of the list.

Reaction score
Now I can find a reason to skip the Doids Battlefront pack. But why does the bubble seems so different now? Rocket and Pistol both appeared on carded shots - I fear the worst

Reaction score
You know, I had no interest whatsoever in this figure until I saw that it's gonna come with a giant gun.

Reaction score

Ummm... Whoa

well, whatever that carded sample we saw pictures of early this week [that sent me and Toonimator and a few others into rants
] was, I hope that it's rightfully been sent to Hell...

If not, this guy's gonna disintegrate that hugely empty space and it's paperboard bed with that HUGE muthafkn' weapon now! Seriously nice work by the game designers for coming up with that cannon and even nicer work by Hasbro for making it a toy!
Holyyyyyy crap, that's AWESOME!!!

I'm buying 2 of these b-s--rds!

Curto, man, sorry for doubting your assurance on 8/22 about that monster weapon's inclusion, even in light of the now-obviously-preliminary carded pic discrediting your info!!
Sometimes being wrong's okay for me and this is DEFINITELY one of them. Not letting any other news site cast a shadow over Dan's word again...

GAR said:

Reaction score
The weapon really makes this figure much better, its just too bad that Hasbro didnt take the time to sculpt a new head...they should never give us "clones" of generic soldiers that have already been released, same goes for the even less appealing Naboo soldier version 2.0

Reaction score
you can probably put on an endor style trooper hat and use this as another endor variant also.

Reaction score
Wookie_inked said:
Curto, man, sorry for doubting your assurance on 8/22 about that monster weapon's inclusion, even in light of the now-obviously-preliminary carded pic discrediting your info!!
Sometimes being wrong's okay for me and this is DEFINITELY one of them. Not letting any other news site cast a shadow over Dan's word again...
It's cool...I know that seeing is believing and all...I kept pushing for the rocket launcher, and I was told that it would be included in this wave.

I said at one point this figure was planned to have a black Endor vest, but I think the reason it was changed is due to the fact that he can't move his arms and hold the cannon properly.

And to think I was going to make this custom!

Reaction score
My that's a big gun. For some reason I didn't expect the grip to fit in the hand well, so it's a nice surprise to see it look natural in firing position.

Reaction score
I was expecting a repack of the launcher that came with RotS Gree. Never thought it would be a new design. May give him a beard or something so that he'll look a bit different from the Endor trooper.

Reaction score
CommandoScorch said:
Wow, that carded shot looks great. Good to see it won't be coming with a firing missle.
Good thing too; otherwise, it would have passed off for a GI Joe Battle Corp figure accessory.

Imagine if these weapons were carried aboard the Tantive IV by every rebel blockade trooper....it would have possibly made Vader think twice about capturing the DS plans.

Reaction score
iambob13 said:
What I'm trying to say is that the coin isn't even done so a rocket launcher may still be in the works. They still have time.
See? A little patience shows off. Nice accessory Hasbro.

Reaction score
If you look closely you can see the stand has the BF II logo on it. It will be a pack in for wave 1 next year. Click for a bigger pic.

Reaction score
Nice catch, Battlefield. I'm suddenly interested in this re-pack.

I wonder why "Battlefront" gets it's own stand, and not "Clone Wars" or any other sub-line.

I took a closer look at the other stands from the front page. The Hawkbat clone says EU, but the Anakin says AOTC. The Destroyer droid has no stand (not surprising), and I can't make out the Ewoks.

I wonder if the Anakin is a mock up, and if the final stand will be EU or maybe a new "Clone Wars" stand.

EDIT - upon even closer inspection, the carded pics have the Anakin and Hawkbat clone stands swapped. The loose pics look correct. Although I would think the Hawkbat clone should be EU. And the loose pajama clone has Anakin's stand. This guy should be AOTC.

Reaction score
The BF II stands are also coming with the BF II droid set too. But they have no names on them so you can use them for the clone pack if you wanted. Im not sure If the clone pack has them. I will see later this week probely on sat. when I get the set from the local comic shop. Back to topic. I think the stand is awesome and I will pick a few up with them!

Reaction score
At least the launcher doesn't have firing missile action..

Reaction score
CommandoScorch said:
Now I'm stuck. I don't know which variation to pick up. Which one will you guys be getting?
You lookin to complete the coin album? If so, the coin. If not, the stand, as it's a better pack-in (serves a functional purpose). Or just get both! There's usually more than one Vanguard in every Battlefront match, after all
Do a head-swap with another figure (paint the necks to match, of course) and there you have it!

Reaction score
MasterBENbro said:
Do all of the figures in the Photo Archives go into your personal collection?
I'd love to see pics with your Gree in your collection...