Rebel Vanguard Trooper - #53

GNT

Reaction score
Looks good to me in that new picture, it's a good way to bulk up the rebel forces.

Reaction score
i just don't understand why this fig got such a bad arms articulation

i agree with you guys, a non sucking RFT (SA please) would be awesome

Reaction score
GNT said:
Looks good to me in that new picture, it's a good way to bulk up the rebel forces.
Does this mean Hasbro will come up with a way to release him with different head variations?

GNT

Reaction score
Most likely in the near future, everyone knows Hasbro likes to make as much money as possible

Reaction score
Where's the Rocket Launcher and the coin?...yeah, yeah I know 'thanks cpt. obvious!'

Reaction score
Looks like there could be a place for something beside him in the bubble, maybe it's just missing like the coin?

Reaction score
Bummer. However, this MAY be just an early sample.

As I posted previously, I've been told by Hasbro that this figure WILL have the rifle included with it. I know this wave wasn't originally planned, but I hope he does come with the weapon he actually uses in the game.

Reaction score
None, he's from the STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT video game.

Collectors have been asking for figure from this game, and I thought this would be an easy figure for Hasbro to put create.

Reaction score
If he's the Rebel Vanguard, he better have the rocket launcher for me to buy him...otherwise, think I'll pass.

Reaction score
Are there plans for a white head varient, if not i'll probably pass on this one.

Reaction score
I'll buy him for the diversity.

..I meant so my collection doesn't end up as majority clones as its looking this year.

Sev

Reaction score
From the looks of it, there's a spot on the far right for something. A rocket launcher perhaps??

Reaction score
Sev said:
From the looks of it, there's a spot on the far right for something. A rocket launcher perhaps??
Oh no, if you trace it on photoshop - you'd realise that it's just the coin. Now, who shout at my face about it having a rocket laucher? Visual over Verbal as always

Reaction score
Easily the best figure in this lackluster wave, and certainly not a bad figure in his own right. I might get him, but I want a proper SA rebel fleet trooper more.

GNT

Reaction score
Looks good to me, it's just another trooper for an endor scene so cant complain at all about that.

Reaction score
So much potential wasted. Maybe this is the proverbial figure that comes before the SA version. I think this might be a taste of what to expect in 2008. We have the battlefront clones and droids. Now we need the rebel boxset for battlefront. SA all around. It would have been better if this figure had the rocket launcher. It would kind of make up for the arms. I promised myself I would buy the complete TAC collection so I will buy for that reason alone.

Reaction score
Jediprime said:
So much potential wasted. Maybe this is the proverbial figure that comes before the SA version. I think this might be a taste of what to expect in 2008. We have the battlefront clones and droids. Now we need the rebel boxset for battlefront. SA all around. It would have been better if this figure had the rocket launcher. It would kind of make up for the arms. I promised myself I would buy the complete TAC collection so I will buy for that reason alone.
Personally IF they do a rebel set. Knowing them - they'd reuse the older mold before the new one hits. Reason is simple enough - they love cash. This figure is practically the trooper in the Rebel set - Just the preview though

Reaction score
Despite Curto's reassurances that the figure would include the rocket launcher, I'm betting the green-light for this wave was so spur-of-the-moment that the extra accessory fell by the wayside at production. I had a bad feeling that the rush job would force a sacrifice like that.

Too bad too, it would have spiced this figure up just enough to sell it to the army-amassers (many will pass on it w/o the extra artillery now). Maybe I'll get this one, I dunno, the look of it is nice but I hate to support ANOTHER figure with those craptasic arms and movement-inhibiting smock [vest, natch].
Let's hope this IS a placeholder for a SA Rebel fleet/Vanguard trooper next year (with a heavy cannon as called-for).

GAR

Reaction score
This looks like the exact same head as the black Endor trooper from Saga.

Wookie_inked said:
I dunno, the look of it is nice but I hate to support ANOTHER figure with those craptasic arms and movement-inhibiting smock [vest, natch].
This uses the fleet trooper vest, as opposed to the Endor trooper jacket with sleeves, so I would think this one has better shoulder movement possible.

Wookie_inked said:
Let's hope this IS a placeholder for a SA Rebel fleet/Vanguard trooper next year (with a heavy cannon as called-for).
No doubt. I'm anxiously awaiting a good RFT.

Reaction score
GAR said:

Wookie_inked said:
I dunno, the look of it is nice but I hate to support ANOTHER figure with those craptasic arms and movement-inhibiting smock [vest, natch].
This uses the fleet trooper vest, as opposed to the Endor trooper jacket with sleeves, so I would think this one has better shoulder movement possible.
That's definitely the same head as the Endor soldier, yeah.

You're right on the vest though, I didn't notice that they DID switch the vests out (I was still remembering back to the early mock-up pictures in which they did use the Endor smock). Thanks for the correction, the vest is a big improvement at least, very cool. This still falls short but not as much.

Reaction score
GAR said:
We'll just say the same guy survived the ANH/ESB period long enough to make it to Endor.

GAR

Reaction score
BlackRook said:
GAR said:
We'll just say the same guy survived the ANH/ESB period long enough to make it to Endor.
Tell that to the man when he's standing next to himself in a diorama!

Reaction score
Wookie_inked said:
GAR said:

Wookie_inked said:

You're right on the vest though, I didn't notice that they DID switch the vests out (I was still remembering back to the early mock-up pictures in which they did use the Endor smock). Thanks for the correction, the vest is a big improvement at least, very cool. This still falls short but not as much.
This figure IS the same exact figure as Last year's Endor Trooper, just repainted and with a Fleet Trooper helmet. I thought I posted this before, but I can't find it...but the jacket/vest at one piont was thought to be the same Endor jacket, with those tiny sleeves which matches the game screen. But it was switched out for the Fleet Trooper vest, I guess to make it a little different. However, it was never shown with anything but the RFT vest, so that decision was made early on.

Again, I'm hoping this is just an early mock-up picture because I think this guy needs to have his rifle.

Possibly this will be one of those running changes....??

Reaction score
GAR said:
Tell that to the man when he's standing next to himself in a diorama!
The Rebels don't openly acknowledge it, but we all know they use clones. For shame.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Wookie_inked said:
GAR said:

Wookie_inked said:

This figure IS the same exact figure as Last year's Endor Trooper, just repainted and with a Fleet Trooper helmet. I thought I posted this before, but I can't find it...but the jacket/vest at one piont was thought to be the same Endor jacket, with those tiny sleeves which matches the game screen. But it was switched out for the Fleet Trooper vest, I guess to make it a little different. However, it was never shown with anything but the RFT vest, so that decision was made early on.
okay, then, chalk it up to I must be slipping in my old age!

Glad to have it cleared up now. I'm probably gonna buy this figure now, weaponry notwhithstanding.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Again, I'm hoping this is just an early mock-up picture because I think this guy needs to have his rifle.

Possibly this will be one of those running changes....??

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think so... but for a path-of-almost-least-resistance set of figures like this wave is, how likely is it?
I'll keep my finger crossed for a variation though.

Reaction score
GAR said:
Wookie_inked said:
Keep in mind, the Rebel Vanguard and the Rebel Fleet Trooper are two entirely different outfits. The BF1 Vanguard was basically an Endor Trooper with an RFT helmet and RFT coloring, but still with the short-sleeve jacket, big ol' cargo pants, and all that... even swapping the vest out like this one, he's no good as an RFT.

But I definitely DO want a new RFT, SA, no 'leaning' legs like the 'upgraded' Endor troops, the blaster this guy & the Endor boys have but with a holster that WORKS (great quality control on the Endor holsters... NOT!), same Antilles/TantiveIV/RV helmet, same vest. Oh, and did I mention SA? Well let's mention it again. SA. As in, ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, knees, and ankles. No faux-ball knees like Bail Organa or the Naboo Hangar Crew. Basically we need some Rebel troops--Hoth, RFT, and even Endor (plenty of varieties left, from long coat to Nik Sant)--that are the equivalent of the Evo ROTS Clone in articulation. Ball torso's not necessary IMO... it'd be best with the Endor guys, who skulk around more, but swivel waists will be fine.

It'd be REALLY nice to get all three Rebels in one year (we get tons of SA clones, after all, even some with new sculpts like the Marine this year, or next year's Gree and 41st Elite) but I'll be happy with getting TWO of them next year.

Anyhoo... since this photo's got no coin, I think it's just a sample. I don't think the rocket launcher would've fallen by the wayside due to the rapid greenlighting of this wave, I think they said "okay let's do this" and started the ball rolling, then said "Let's throw in a rocket launcher or fans'll be upset" but by that time they'd already started the sample process... not late enough to NOT make the change, but late enough to prevent it being added to photos with so much else going on.

I have a feeling we won't get HIS rocket launcher though, merely "a" rocket launcher, probably from the clone or droid in the BF2 sets.

Reaction score
Could this still be just a mock-up? I haven't followed any news on this fig, but there isn't even a coin in the package. I think in '08 they are supposed to switch back to stands, but the bubble is shaped for a coin. The package even says 'exclusive collector coin'. I took a look at it and the 'coin' part is covered so it may say stand, but it looks a lot like coin to me.

What I'm trying to say is that the coin isn't even done so a rocket launcher may still be in the works. They still have time.

I like how he's in a 'solidarity brotha'' pose.

GAR

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
It'd be REALLY nice to get all three Rebels in one year (we get tons of SA clones, after all, even some with new sculpts like the Marine this year, or next year's Gree and 41st Elite) but I'll be happy with getting TWO of them next year.
Exactly. If Hasbro is smart (ehhhhh...), they'll sight in on collectors like me and a legion of others that got sucked in for the clones, and are now setting our sights on other armies. I've got almost every clone I care to have, but now I'd love to build the Rebels, and the five lame-o Rebs I have now just aren't going to cut it.

iambob13 said:
I like how he's in a 'solidarity brotha'' pose.
<-giggle

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
GAR said:
Wookie_inked said:
Keep in mind, the Rebel Vanguard and the Rebel Fleet Trooper are two entirely different outfits. The BF1 Vanguard was basically an Endor Trooper with an RFT helmet and RFT coloring, but still with the short-sleeve jacket, big ol' cargo pants, and all that... even swapping the vest out like this one, he's no good as an RFT.
I'm not arguing, just thinking we're approaching the RFT - RVT differently: I think you're looking at it in terms of accuracy to the scree, that all the guys on the Tantive IV and running around the hangers on Yavin IV, were all "fleet troopers" and the Vanguard troops are wearing the same colors but the uniforms are more Endor-ish. I'm just seeing similar blue shirt, khaki pants, black vest, egg-shaped helmet, black boots whether covered or not... and armed totally differently (much more heavily in the BF game troops' case).

I'm not hung up on the details here. IF I were to ever expect Hasbro to make a 100% accurate figure if the two different trooper types as two seperate releases that each leave NO doubt as to which function they served and no doubt where they belonged, I'd nitpick too.

As it is, while I DO expect a screen-accurate SA RFT next year that matches the grunts lined up and shot down (or captured) in ANH's opening... I DON'T expect the Vanguard troopers to ever get that same shot at the spotlight. Maybe I'm wrong, and the Vanguards and their variations might get all new figures with great details to match the game exactly. I ain't holding my breath though.

So as it is, I'm looking at them as RFTs whose units are usually on the ground carrying big-[censored] guns, with slightly heavier uniforms for planet-side thermometer changes. And their ship/garrison base RFT buddies get basic weapons that they hope they won't need and dressed for a temperature-controlled battleship or cruiser. Like the military of the US: same basic uniforms but with different variations and thicknesses for circumstance changes and reassignments. Maybe that's the intention by the Vanguard designers, I dunno.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
But I definitely DO want a new RFT, SA, no 'leaning' legs like the 'upgraded' Endor troops, the blaster this guy & the Endor boys have but with a holster that WORKS (great quality control on the Endor holsters... NOT!), same Antilles/TantiveIV/RV helmet, same vest. Oh, and did I mention SA? Well let's mention it again. SA. As in, ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, knees, and ankles. No faux-ball knees like Bail Organa or the Naboo Hangar Crew. Basically we need some Rebel troops--Hoth, RFT, and even Endor (plenty of varieties left, from long coat to Nik Sant)--that are the equivalent of the Evo ROTS Clone in articulation. Ball torso's not necessary IMO... it'd be best with the Endor guys, who skulk around more, but swivel waists will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

YESSSSS!!!! Yes to all those points, that's exactly what I'm hoping for someday in figure form.