Rebel Vanguard Trooper - #53

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Rebel Vanguard Trooper

Yeah I know, fingers crossed.

Reaction score

I'm pleased they didn't just paint the Endor Rebel jacket black for him, even if the vest is a bit less accurate. At least this Rebel, 'cheap' as he is, can move his arms more than his Endor predecessors! It'd be a shame if they left out the rocket launcher in the final release, however. I'm sure several sites will send in Q&As about that in the next couple months

Reaction score

<font color="blue">I dig it, It gets the job done, i think it came out pretty cool. I love the Rebel forces designs from battlefront and all the stuff in the game pictured in this thread is high on my want list.

on the lack of his missle launcher thing, i dunno, i really want it, and it might still come packed with it. I really hope it does, but it won't be a deal breaker if he doesn't come with one. I'm sure i have something i could subsitute for one.

I'm bummed they didn't show the Battle front box sets that got leaked from ee a while back. I was hoping they'd show em here, oh well.

</font>

Reaction score

Yesterday I started working on a custom that was the rebel with a fleet trooper jacket and helmet, and then they make this guy. So I basically have this guy already, since Hasbro's probably too cheap to give the vanguard his rocket launcher. I'll pass since I think mine looks better anyway.

Reaction score

Can anyone verify that this guy has a different head than the endor soldier from last year? I'd be disappointed if they used the same face.

Reaction score

I'll get it, because I love troops... but Im really hoping they add in the bazooka for him.

Reaction score

I'm getting it because I'm trying to collect all the action figures this year.

Reaction score

Quick update on this figure...he is slated to come with his rocket launcher cannon weapon, as well as the pistol.

Multiple weapons are part of the game, so he should have multiple weapons on the figure, right?

GNT

Reaction score
Thats correct, as many weapons as Hasbro can pack in is welcomed
Not sure if I like the really big rocket launchers though

Reaction score
As long as the dang thing fits in his hands, not like that uber oversized "rocket launcher" the ATRT driver and Gree came with. If the dude can hold it properly I'm all for a BFG!

And he better not come with the same dinky [censored] little "pistol" gun the Battlepack Yavin IV Troopers came with. I want one that actually like LOOKS like a rifle not a tiny hand gun.

Reaction score
He's got the Endor Trooper mold, so he'll have the Dutch Vander-style blaster same as the TSC Troopers. It just won't fit properly in his holster cuz they didn't make the holster deep enough

Glad to hear he'll have the rocket launcher like in the game... I'm also hoping he'll actually be able to hold it! Even without the Endor jacket binding his arms, they're still not all that poseable.

Reaction score
I'll buy one, cause i love the rebel troops, but I'm not a fan of the arms. Seriously, it limits posability, play, and the desire to armybuild, and it could be such an easy fix!

Reaction score
They should have used this mold in the Tantive IV set. Those awful rebel troopers were an affront.

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
Y2Bogus said:
They should have used this mold in the Tantive IV set. Those awful rebel troopers were an affront.
Aren't they both?
Not entirely. I like the Endor Rebel mold. It's not perfect, but compared to the Tantive rebels it's a masterpiece of articulation. The arms are limited, but look at the ball neck, ball knees, and ball ankles. The Endor Rebel mold is just 2 ball joints away from excellent.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Quick update on this figure...he is slated to come with his rocket launcher cannon weapon, as well as the pistol.

Multiple weapons are part of the game, so he should have multiple weapons on the figure, right?
That's cool! It definately makes this figure more exciting.

Reaction score
Y2Bogus said:
Not entirely. I like the Endor Rebel mold. It's not perfect, but compared to the Tantive rebels it's a masterpiece of articulation. The arms are limited, but look at the ball neck, ball knees, and ball ankles. The Endor Rebel mold is just 2 ball joints away from excellent.
Not quite. I'm lookin at the swivel hips... and the fact they make the thighs at odd angles to the body, so while it's not as extreme as the Saga version of the trooper, it's skewed enough that they're ALWAYS in an 'action' pose, never even a wide-stance neutral like the Honor Guard gets. The Endor Rebel cannot be further improved via this mold... we need a new one. Preferably a Nik Sant, or one of the trenchcoat troopers, and above all NO MORE RESTRICTIVE COATS! If they're meant to wear the type of jacket previous Endor troops have, sculpt the body of the jacket separate, as a vest, and sculpt the shoulder-sleeves onto the arms themselves so we can get some ball-jointed shoulders in addition to ball elbows.

Rebel troops need a LOT of love. Imps & clones have SA figures all over, but the three primary 'infantry' troopers of the OT Rebels have yet to receive really great figures. Tantive IV trooper with new SA body & proper blaster, Antilles-helm reused; Hoth trooper, SA, with rifle & pistol (DH-17 ala RFTs or Ponda Baba blaster, new sculpt) with either a permanent hat on (goggles UP) or removable but with closed chinstrap; Endor Commando, SA, with rifle, maybe a couple grenades (detachable ala IG-88's) on a separate-sculpt bandolier (for use also on a Wooof/Palace-Klaatu figure), with a new Endor helmet with CLOSED chinstrap.

And for this Vanguard... well, he needs a BF2 upgrade to a Yavin Tech sculpt with a new helmet & a bunch of removable gear so you can strip him down & have a basic movie hangar dude or a decked-out video game warrior.

Reaction score
Looks great, Cant wait to army build with these guys.

Reaction score

So we still have not seen carded pics for this wave, have we?
I guess it has something to do with the fact these are repaint rush jobs to fill in for the Force Unleashed wave!

GAR

Reaction score

Warsaw_Wonder said:
So we still have not seen carded pics for this wave, have we?
I guess it has something to do with the fact these are repaint rush jobs to fill in for the Force Unleashed wave!
I guess so. Too bad too, I'm really looking forward to this one too. I'd love to see some better/closer pics.

I think EE's got the best pic so far...

GAR

Reaction score

Awesome! That's a great pic, thanks Rune.

Reaction score

Dear Hasbro,

This is the last time I'm buying this funky arm mold. 2008 should be the year you fix the rebel trooper. Don't pull this on me again.

xoxo

TerdVader

GAR

Reaction score

TerdVader said:
Dear Hasbro,

This is the last time I'm buying this funky arm mold. 2008 should be the year you fix the rebel trooper. Don't pull this on me again.

xoxo

TerdVader
Yeah, kind of a bummer to have the funky arms, but the Rebel Fleet Trooper is on pretty much every speculated 2008 list. Not sure if that's by some confirmation, or a lot of people's wishful thinking, but that's the rumor.

Reaction score

GAR said:
TerdVader said:
Dear Hasbro,

xoxo

TerdVader
Yeah, kind of a bummer to have the funky arms, but the Rebel Fleet Trooper is on pretty much every speculated 2008 list. Not sure if that's by some confirmation, or a lot of people's wishful thinking, but that's the rumor.
My rebel army looks like this

4 Potf2 Endor soldiers
3 03' saga Endor soldier
2 06' saga endor soldiers
1 rebel vanguard (when it comes out)

That means that 6 out of my 10 soldiers, not only have the same chest and arms, but that they look really funky standing next to each other. And looking cool in a group really is the delight in army building.

I do see this on the level of the ground troop, not the ship crew, since even though he wears the fleet helmet, who'd want someone firing a rocket launcher on a spacecraft?

GAR

Reaction score

TerdVader said:

4 Potf2 Endor soldiers
3 03' saga Endor soldier

That means that 6 out of my 10 soldiers, not only have the same chest and arms, but that they look really funky standing next to each other. And looking cool in a group really is the delight in army building.

I do see this on the level of the ground troop, not the ship crew, since even though he wears the fleet helmet, who'd want someone firing a rocket launcher on a spacecraft?
All good points.

I was looking at the vanguard as a quick and easy paint-the-pants paintjob away from being a better fleet trooper. Ditch the rocket launcher, I want a Tantive IV crew that doesn't suck.
well... sucks less anyway.

Reaction score

I'm a carded collector, so if the card photo/art is cool it may help me decide to get more than just 1 or 2 from this wave.
Didn't the TPM release R2-B1 have a chrome dome and not a silver painted one? That's another variation for you loose collectors!

Reaction score

GAR said:
TerdVader said:

4 Potf2 Endor soldiers
3 03' saga Endor soldier

All good points.

I was looking at the vanguard as a quick and easy paint-the-pants paintjob away from being a better fleet trooper. Ditch the rocket launcher, I want a Tantive IV crew that doesn't suck.
well... sucks less anyway.
Agreed! Even though I think he is the most well thought out figure in the wave, some of these parts need to be retired. Wasn't there a rumor that we will see a new Tantive IV Trooper next year or am I imagining that. I think the rebels really need their due.

GAR

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
Wasn't there a rumor that we will see a new Tantive IV Trooper next year or am I imagining that. I think the rebels really need their due.
Yup, found here: Rebel Fleet Trooper (SA)

Come on with "Drake Steele" (Pello Scrambas), the Neil Young trooper, hahah.

Reaction score

I'm very disappointed with this fig. I wanted it to be the rebel mechanic outfit. Now I just have more fleet troopers

Reaction score

Man, where are the final production pictures of this wave already? I want to see what he's coming with besides that lame standard blaster.

GAR

Reaction score

Edit: nevermind.

Sev

Reaction score

Well, at least they used the updated mold. I'm just gonna pass on this and hold out for an updated version.