Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear) 4- Pack

Reaction score
Received today in Spain from Hasbro Pulse EU.

The hats are very good, but the glasses, it is almost impossible to put them on correctly, the biggest advantage of having a normal head is that they are worth, for example, the gray caps that come with the Rebel Fleet Trooper and they seem technical

aircrew1.jpg

Reaction score
I want more white clones. BUT with a new clone buck coming, and this old one having issues, my instincts keep telling me to wait.
It's also tempting because I/we don't really know how the new sculpt is going to turn out, because as myself and a few others didn't immediately warm up to this sculpt when first released. Though it was way too skinny/lanky and more of an animated take.

Reaction score
I can easily see Hasbro making an Echo Base playset, and the pack-in figure would be the Echo Base Trooper with this head gear / overall appearance. Based on Hasbro's track record the past couple of years it seems like precisely the sort of thing that they might do.

1669662353174.png

Reaction score
At this point that would be overkill, if they ever even made an Echo base set that is, between the availability of the singe carded figure and this 4-pk I hope not to see it released again in the near future.

I'd rather they throw in K-3PO at the very least. Though I would prefer several other figure over that such as a new Rieekan which could be done via kitbash using Hoth Han's legs and tooling a new torso/lower jacket, arms and head. And in turn could be reused for Major Derlin later on either singe card or in a 4-pk with alternate heads for the other three. Granted there are a lot more "Deck Officers" running around than people wearing the same coat as Derlin.

Or there's the option of putting Toryn Farr in it if it includes her chair and console. Pretty safe bet they won't throw a Wampa in there! lol
Although I guess it really depends on what "scene" they go with when making a Hoth set, a basic hallway, command center, an area of the hangar bay, or the medical bay.

Reaction score
I could see an Echo Base diorama set happening eventually. That doesn't seem far fetched. Actually, not at all really. Probably the war room with some seats, consoles, those view screens (old deluxe POTJ Rieekan came with one), sliding door, etc, but I could also see them doing it like the Tantive where if you buy two and connect them it'll make those snow-tunnel hallways with that matte grated floor things on the ground. I'm with Masterfett here, enough Echo Base troopers for now. I say go with either a repack of Toryn or a new Rieekan. I'd absolutely buy two if they did something like that, one to fill with Rebels, complete the hallway, and the other room to fill with...(dun dun duuuuun)...one or two Wampa's. I'd even make a little "warning" sticker to put on the door. Hah! If you know, you know. I suppose they also could do the medbay with the Bacta tank (though it's already been done...many, many moons ago) and a new 2-1B. I guess my point is, I'd be all in on Echo base at the same price point as Jabba's Palace (carbonite wall), Carbon Freezing Chamber, Tantive IV hallway, and Nevarro bar.

Reaction score
Still no hoth 4 pk on shopD, but they extended thier cyber monday sale....coincidence?

Reaction score
Hey Strobeone, did you post a pic breakdown of this hoth trooper? I was thinking of repainting one and wondered if it's an easy fig to break down and rebuild once parts are repainted.
No I haven’t. But I HAVE disassembled them completely several times when I did some dye work with them. The entire figure uses the softer plastic, so they come apart pretty easily using the boil & pop method. As for repainting, depending on what color you had in mind, it may be easier to dye. The arms & legs take color very well, & the vest (torso) takes darker colors pretty well. I have done several & here are a couple of them…

8B1595E1-A370-43C6-BC5D-7A72AF8F06F1.jpeg

In addition to dyeing them, I also did some shading detail with a dark grey wash.

Reaction score
Those customs highlight how some deco differences (outside of a scarf) would have resulted in so much more variety for a diorama. We know some will be screen accurate, but the others, that never appeared in the movie, could have been painted differently. That's the main reason I skipped this set - they're too similar, and not attention grabbing.

Reaction score
No I haven’t. But I HAVE disassembled them completely several times when I did some dye work with them. The entire figure uses the softer plastic, so they come apart pretty easily using the boil & pop method. As for repainting, depending on what color you had in mind, it may be easier to dye. The arms & legs take color very well, & the vest (torso) takes darker colors pretty well. I have done several & here are a couple of them…

View attachment 443939

In addition to dyeing them, I also did some shading detail with a dark grey wash.
Those look really nice. I may have to try this as well. Can the hats that came with this 4 pack fit on any of the previous hoth trooper heads?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
^ cool. Thanks for reply. I was thinking of making this guy out of one of them when I get the set.
View attachment 443940
That should be really easy. The 4 pack version appears to have lighter color arms & legs than the carded figure which
means they should take the dye much better. To achieve the color of the un-produced figure would take using the following colors…
ADCE3B8C-3540-4FE9-A070-1A7B6B71309E.jpeg

RIT (Synthetic Line) Sand Stone & Chocolate Brown. My guess would be a mix of 80/20 (80 SS & 20 CB) for just the parts highlighted..

388C7277-5BCF-43EF-B0D5-F49F2C7FE7EB.jpeg

The upper boot section is part of the lower leg, but if they use the same deco method as the carded figure,
the black upper boot section is painted. Painted areas (especially black) are resistant to dye. So the boot section
would stay black.

Reaction score
Those look really nice. I may have to try this as well. Can the hats that came with this 4 pack fit on any of the previous hoth trooper heads?
Thanks in advance.
Thank you.

I imagine the hats fit the Hoth Rebel Soldier heads, but not the carded Echo Base Trooper since the hat is part of that figure’s head sculpt.

Reaction score
Cool customs, and I really like what you did with their helmets adding a visor!
^ cool. Thanks for reply. I was thinking of making this guy out of one of them when I get the set.
View attachment 443940
But doesn't this 4-pk already come with a figure that resembles this character? Third one in from the left, although I guess his mustache is a bit on the gray side.
1653776542740-jpeg.423362

I suppose they also could do the medbay with the Bacta tank (though it's already been done...many, many moons ago) and a new 2-1B. I guess my point is, I'd be all in on Echo base at the same price point as Jabba's Palace (carbonite wall), Carbon Freezing Chamber, Tantive IV hallway, and Nevarro bar.
I wouldn't exactly call that old Bacta Tank a medbay, I think Hasbro could do better today and was thinking something similar to the Lego version. But doing it in a way to combine both the Bacta tank and the bed in one set. Even using Tantive IV as a base I can see everything fitting into that L space. I would also be in favor of two other sets, a basic hallway and of course C&C, though perhaps the command area would be best done similar to BOBF Throne room.

Reaction score
But doesn't this 4-pk already come with a figure that resembles this character? Third one in from the left, although I guess his mustache is a bit on the gray side.
I'm talking the uniform colors. Usually these 4pks have 1 painted differently to represent a C.O. see color difference below
That should be really easy. The 4 pack version appears to have lighter color arms & legs than the carded figure which
means they should take the dye much better. To achieve the color of the un-produced figure would take using the following colors…
View attachment 443948

RIT (Synthetic Line) Sand Stone & Chocolate Brown. My guess would be a mix of 80/20 (80 SS & 20 CB) for just the parts highlighted..

View attachment 443949

The upper boot section is part of the lower leg, but if they use the same deco method as the carded figure,
the black upper boot section is painted. Painted areas (especially black) are resistant to dye. So the boot section
would stay black.
Thanks for the tip. But would you dilute the dye or not? And just let the part/s soak in the sol'n?

Reaction score
Nice hats, look much better than the originals. So I wouldn't mind a Hoth Soldier 4-pk with those new hats and head sculpts!
And for one of them they can paint the coat and boots brown like the Vintage version mistake. lol
vinthothsoldierloose-m.jpg

Reaction score
Reaction score
Do we know for sure if shopD wil offer this? The last 2 4pks hasbro did not mention shopD as an excl partner, but shopD listed them anyways. So it would seem shopD would have them as well.

Both the death trooper and clone trooper sets were 4days after pulse arrival/processing preorders. But now it's been a week, grant it the extended holiday weekend and sales easily slowed things up but still, I have a shopD g.c. to use up. Lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These caps are a bit too big but they are still better than the older hoth trooper caps. This is a nice way to add diversity to the rebel forces.

Attachments

• 20221201_040437.jpg
    20221201_040437.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
Reaction score
my 4 pack arrived today. the goggles seem to be way to large for the heads as due the hats, but the new headsculpts look great. wish they use both versions of the Hoth Trooper so that you could have had 2 deck officer and 2 trooper designs.

Reaction score
Got my set today and I liked how they turned out. The headsculpts feel a bit off in regards to the body, but the actual sculpts look nice. Another good 4-pack set from Hasbro.

Reaction score
I think the best part with this and the RFT pack is the fact that they are all unique troopers. Now someone might say "Well, duh!", but it's important to appreciate this is a better form of army building than just buying ten of one guy off the pegs because you're getting the same yet different every time and it keeps everything fresh.

Reaction score
I got my pack today, but who are the other 5 dudes on there? Is there 9 different heads and we all get just 4 from this assortment? Are all 4 the same? Im checking now.

Reaction score
I got my pack today, but who are the other 5 dudes on there? Is there 9 different heads and we all get just 4 from this assortment? Are all 4 the same? Im checking now.
They ran when the Imperial Walkers came rolling in. Turn the package around for a more truthful image of the fighting 4 that were left.

(In other words, no, the heads are not randomized and there are 4 different in a pack but the same 4 between packs.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m surprised Hasbro hasn’t decided to do variation sets to the rebel troop builders. A different set of headsculpts could encourage more sales. Oh well, maybe it’s a logistics thing.

Reaction score
Lol, hasbro should've done that w/ the red and yellow clones for the recent clone 4pk. It's not like fans been asking and waiting for yellow and red variants for about a decade

Reaction score
I’m surprised Hasbro hasn’t decided to do variation sets to the rebel troop builders. A different set of headsculpts could encourage more sales. Oh well, maybe it’s a logistics thing.
It's called a budget. And getting these four packs of variants is certainly better than the days of one carded variant to have to hunt down so I think we should be thankful we're even getting this one release. And I think a second set would essentially mean no to another potential 4-pk, at least in that same fiscal year, perhaps if it's popular enough they could do another a second variant set in a couple years.

I feel there are so many left that could be done that variant sets just feel unnecessary/overkill.

Reaction score
I was ambivalent towards this pack, feeling like I had my fill of Hoth Rebels, but ordered it because it's never a bad thing to have some new faces in the mix. Upon getting it, though, it won me over---pretty pleased with it!

20221202_133927 2.jpg

Reaction score
After seeing that pic I wish that we did have a Hoth playset!

If I was hard core into customizing like I used to I'd get a second set to use the head from the bearded black trooper to use on a BSG, it looks very close to the one guy in the background on Cloud City.

Reaction score
After seeing that pic I wish that we did have a Hoth playset!

If I was hard core into customizing like I used to I'd get a second set to use the head from the bearded black trooper to use on a BSG, it looks very close to the one guy in the background on Cloud City.
I love using the old Kenner Imperial Attack Base as a playset for Hoth. It was an awesome piece with great play features at the time and worked well as both an Imperial and Rebel Base. I've also used it as a forward command center for Starkiller Base and The First Order and made custom Tatoonie and Endor bases with it as well.

Reaction score
It's called a budget. And getting these four packs of variants is certainly better than the days of one carded variant to have to hunt down so I think we should be thankful we're even getting this one release. And I think a second set would essentially mean no to another potential 4-pk, at least in that same fiscal year, perhaps if it's popular enough they could do another a second variant set in a couple years.

I feel there are so many left that could be done that variant sets just feel unnecessary/overkill.
I’m not knocking down the benefit in having 4 unique headsculpts. It’s just funny we see 9 different faces on the package and even someone in this thread was wondering if there were variants.

I couldn’t even say for certain a variant pack would take away the budget from another set or something else. The Deathtrooper set was pretty low effort and in hindsight the Stormtrooper set didn’t add much to the pre-existing figures, so I’m not really sure how they budget these things.

Reaction score
I think all the 4pk boxes, except cantina band, do. That'll be hasbros loophole out if it

The clone officers would make a good uniform variant set. But if all figs had same size neck pegs, hasbro could release a set of a dozen heads only then one could mix up their armies at will.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the heads are swappable on these and the Rebel Fleet Troopers? I’m out of town, so can’t check. Thanks!!