Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear) 4- Pack

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH REBEL SOLDIER (ECHO BASE BATTLE GEAR) Figure 4- Pack

1653776542740.jpeg

1653776557195.jpeg
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $44.99/Available: Spring 2023)
Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation, as well as original Kenner branding, these collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH REBEL SOLDIER (ECHO BASE BATTLE GEAR) figures are inspired by characters in STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKE BACK. Drawn from many homeworlds and species, Rebel troopers were the Alliance's front-line soldiers in the war against the Empire.
Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes 4 figures and 14 accessories.

Available for pre-order 6/1 at 1PM ET at Hasbro Pulse.

Anyone army building this pack?

Reaction score
I'm probably down for at least one set, mostly because I already have several of the previous version and don't really need anymore. But I like the head sculpts enough to warrant the purchase, if it turns out that the headgear is removable I may splurge for another set. The only drawback is the yearlong wait to find out. lol

At first I thought this an odd choice considering the recent reissue of the figure thus no one was really in need of it any more like they were from 2012 to 2021. I'd have thought since ROTJ's 40th is next year we might have seen an Endor Soldier 4-pk considering we haven't seen any of those guys since 2011. So I'm assuming they no longer have access to said mold, or they're simply not strategizing that well or don't care about that aspect.

Reaction score
I heard that Emily named them but I can't find an excerpt, and no one bothered to mention the names.

According to Bantha Skull the guy on the far left with the mustache could be Tigran Jamiro, I don't know if the one on the far right is Cal Alder, Shawn Valdez, or Tamizander Rey. Since the original release was simply called Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear) it literally could be any of them while not doubling upon character, though I thought it was expressed back in 12 that that release was supposed to represent Cal Alder.

The two in the middle appear to be made up.

Reaction score
should have been a four pack of the basic trooper, not the deck officer. still in for one. wonder if you can swap the heads with the fleet troopers?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Repost from General Discussion

Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear) 4-Pack.

Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $44.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday June 1st at 1pm ET.

Press Release

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation, as well as original Kenner branding, these collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH REBEL SOLDIER (ECHO BASE BATTLE GEAR) figures are inspired by characters in STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKE BACK. Drawn from many homeworlds and species, Rebel troopers were the Alliance's front-line soldiers in the war against the Empire.
Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes 4 figures and 14 accessories.

Press Images

TVC-Rebel-Soldier-Echo-Base-Battle-Gear-4-Pack-TESB-Video-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg

TVC-Rebel-Soldier-Echo-Base-Battle-Gear-4-Pack-TESB-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
TVC-Rebel-Soldier-Echo-Base-Battle-Gear-4-Pack-TESB-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

TVC-Rebel-Soldier-Echo-Base-Battle-Gear-4-Pack-TESB-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
TVC-Rebel-Soldier-Echo-Base-Battle-Gear-4-Pack-TESB-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
TVC-Rebel-Soldier-Echo-Base-Battle-Gear-4-Pack-TESB-Loose-1.jpg

Reaction score
These look good so I'm down for a set. I too would have rather seen a basic trooper with the new "hats" that appear to be removable. The heads underneath are probably bald or very short hair.
Definitely want to see an updated hoth han and luke with these hats.

Reaction score
I'd rather just buy an extra set and do it myself instead of seeing Hoth Luke take up a TVC slot yet again for a simple hat upgrade.

Frankly they could just do another 4-pk with Hoth Han, Luke and a couple HRT's with updated heads. It's very clear TVC basic cannot fit everything as it is.

Reaction score
The hoth luke and han are both severely outdated so the only way I'd consider them wasif everything on the figure was new. A four pack with han and luke plus Troopers is probably unlikely due to these sets being army builders and the fact that a newly tooled han and luke would get a single pack release but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Reaction score
The thing is I don't see them making all new Hoth figures as there's simply too much to cover these days, sure their Iconic main outfits for ANH eventually but all the side outfits seem along shot.

And TBH it's fine with me because those figures are fine, plus I don't see the new BH hips working well on Hoth Han with that long coat anyway. My hope is that with Classic Vintage Bubbles ending we'll move onto more releases of current media and less dependence o 40 year old character that many of us already have several iterations. Not every figure pre 2014 need today's articulation upgrade.

bac

Reaction score
Han Hoth seems like he could end up in the Walmart "Finish the 96" waves, assuming they continue, with a new head and this new headgear.

Reaction score
I wish they had used the other bodies as well and repainted one to be Rieekan, but I’ll still get a set.

Reaction score
I really want to like this, because the RFT set was great, and I enjoyed it - but these seem lackluster in comparison. A bit more color variation beyond the scarf would have helped, especially considering that they're making up some characters, they might as well do more interesting repaints instead of making them look nearly identical. Simply changing the color of the pants, gloves, vests, etc might have pushed me to buy this, but as-is, it just seems too boring, even though I'm all for more Rebel figures.

Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):cool::D:giggle:

I'll get this for sure.

Reaction score
Since they have the removable hats I'll be getting one of these sets to do some head swaps with the Rebel Fleet Trooper set. Wish I hadn't bought a bunch of the re-issued single carded one now, but ah well!

Reaction score
I know what you mean I actually thought about getting a few extras in a sale but decided to hold off at the time for other things and now this happened so I'm thankful I waited.

Was it confirmed the hats are removable or is it simply an Endor Luke situation?

Reaction score
I like this set, because it does seem to follow the pattern of the Rebel Fleet Trooper packs with four unique faces to create a legitimate mini-army.

Reaction score
Any word of this set being available on shopdisney or is this a pulse only item?

Reaction score
I thought I heard in a video from maybe bosskbounty that it would be offered through both. Not sure of the accuracy of that.

Reaction score
Was it confirmed the hats are removable or is it simply an Endor Luke situation?

Emily mentions it during the live stream from Celebration, and it seems to match with the accessory count in the press release. Hopefully they'll share some additional photos of them without their hats when the pre-orders go up.

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm hoping for an Endor Commando one or *crosses fingers* Rebel pilots.
This one seems like a no brainer for next year! Although I guess if it's revealed next year it may not be on shelves until 24?

I am curious though since it is a TLC mold if it's even still accessible to Hasbro, or will they need to sculpt a new one entirely? Because we haven't seen it in a long time and you'd think we would have by now as much as they love repacks, particularly since it would have fit right in with Endor Luke, Leia and AT-ST Driver.

An Endor Solder 4-pk is possibly the set I'd be looking forward to the most as I was only able to secure a few of these back in the day, and I'd love to see them make a short jacket variant so I can ditch the old Saga statue!

Reaction score
Agreed, that an Endor Soldier 4-pack makes all the sense in the world. I never did track down both TVC variants. And Hasbro could take the same approach as with the RFTs and apply four different head sculpts/facial tones to make them four truly unique figures. Here's hoping!

Reaction score
based on what we have seen with these 4 packs, I would say 99.9% these are here to stay and will feature everything imaginable except for droids, most likely. the droids are a semi disney park/online exclusives.

Reaction score
Could the mustachioed one be an updated Major Bren Derlin?
No, not technically. Unless he changed into that outfit off screen while roaming inside the base, but I tend to think of this outfit for technician or regular base personal while the HRT was infantry and Derlin, Rieekan were Officers. So I hope that they don't plan to "update" Derlin using this mold the way they used the RFT to update Antilles.

Major Bren Derlin _____________________ General Rieekan _____________________ Deck Officer/Cal Alder
TSC008derlinloose-m.jpg
TSC012rieekanloose-m.jpg
TVC-1842-m.jpg

Reaction score
Cause it's Hasbro Pulse, it's not enticing enough for me. Shipping just kills it for me. If it were an Endor set, then yeah, I'd jump on it, but just not willing to do it for these guys.

Reaction score
I believe it's supposed to be Tamizander Rey, the officer who comes up to Han before he sets out on his Tauntaun.

Going by the names on Bantha Skull's guide to unproduced characters from echo base, it looks like the mustached one is Tigran Jamiro and the clean shaven one is Tamizander Rey or Shawn Valdez. I think it leans closer to Valdez because of the scarf color.

Reaction score
I believe someone here said that Emily mentioned them by name. Does anyone have confirmation on that?

Reaction score
should have been a four pack of the basic trooper, not the deck officer. still in for one. wonder if you can swap the heads with the fleet troopers?
I know the Hoth soldiers can swap heads with the RFT's, but I'm not sure about these. I guess I wasn't aware the hats are now removable, because they are fixed on the VC 68

As far as buying, I'll probably get one set. It will be fun to mix them in with the other Hoth troopers.

Reaction score
No, not technically. Unless he changed into that outfit off screen while roaming inside the base, but I tend to think of this outfit for technician or regular base personal while the HRT was infantry and Derlin, Rieekan were Officers. So I hope that they don't plan to "update" Derlin using this mold the way they used the RFT to update Antilles.

Major Bren Derlin _____________________ General Rieekan _____________________ Deck Officer/Cal Alder
TSC008derlinloose-m.jpg
TSC012rieekanloose-m.jpg
TVC-1842-m.jpg

Rieekan And Derlin would look great in a vintage card back. Give them the face print and you can have a figure of Cliff Klavin.

Reaction score
Rieekan And Derlin would look great in a vintage card back. Give them the face print and you can have a figure of Cliff Klavin.
That's exactly why I want a single-carded Derlin, lmao. He shall be a Rebel Courier!

Reaction score
i'm still gonna get this 4pk, but i wish there was a generic C.O. in there. Nothing wrong w/ a mild repaint (or in this case a retro-paint going back to original figure look before the TVC68 re-use/re-paint of non-released sculpt)...and no need to name it by orig. name of Major Derlin either, just a generic commanding officer. Would I want the below figure re-released as TVC "Rebel Commander"? maybe but i'd personally prefer and all new scupt based on the alternate Hoth gear Leia as a new "Commander" for TVC. The old Kenner Rebel Commander card image could use a bit tweeting anyways, too grainy
20220528_115721.jpg