Rebel Pilots Multipack

Reaction score
Re: Tiree & Nett - Rebel Pilots at Yavin - Rumor

yodashizzle said:
Pricing is the key though as many have mentioned with stuff like this, I'm sure we won't see them for this cheap, but they'd be great at $10.99 or $11.99.
Well since these would likely all be easy repaints, besides a new head sculpt, $10 is all they should cost especially if they use BAD's.

But then again if Hasbro just released these as singles in the basic line they'd make more money, so who knows if they would be keen on even doing something like this.

Reaction score

Pilots and a droid to me seem like a no brainer. They should have them permanently in production? As long as they dont over do it, they are practically limitless. The costing would be really low too, they are 100% repaints other than a new head..... Surely they would be a much better idea than the ones they have been doing, Order 66, Geonosis etc etc. But what do I know.

Reaction score

y-wings coming, its a no-brainer.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Pilots and a droid to me seem like a no brainer. They should have them permanently in production? As long as they dont over do it, they are practically limitless. The costing would be really low too, they are 100% repaints other than a new head..... Surely they would be a much better idea than the ones they have been doing, Order 66, Geonosis etc etc. But what do I know.
I agree. Some pilots are really obscure and even though Hasbro could make more if they were on single cards, I think pilot/droid 2 Packs would be a great way to go as long as the price is in the $12 range and not over $15.

I reallyliked the idea of the Order 66 and Geo 2 packs, but most of the figures were not interesting to me so I skipped almost all of them. Pilot/droid packs would be different though. I would also hope for BAD droids because then we could mix and match as well.

As for rebel pilots, since they're basically just easy repaints with a new head, it's cheap for Hasbro to do these, so I'm sure we'll keep seeing rebel pilots. That's fine by me, but I really hope the price makes them worthwhile.

Reaction score

Like most everyone else, I'm totally down with the idea of the pilot/droid two-packs. There's three pilots left that have speaking parts in ANH, and those three - at minimum need to get done: Theron Nett, Tiree & Pops - all could be done off existing tooling, just new heads and new helmet paint apps.

Beyond those, I want updates to Red Leader, Biggs, Dutch (Gold Leader) & Porkins. The other more obscure pilots - those that got named by Decipher - and didn't have any part other than seeing them in the briefing scene, or putting on their helmet in the boarding sequence - those bore even me! The helmets were the same through the boarding sequence (blue rebel symbol) where the speaking pilots got unique head gear.

There are still a few generic, but different pilots that I want to see from the Home One sequences, but those are a lower priority.

Would love the pilot and Astromech sets akin to the droid factory sets or the Geonosis arena sets, and would snap those up.

And for those that doubt the current Endor pilot packs at TRU - I firmly believe those are hanging around as a function of price. TRU's pricing has gotten wayyyyy out of control, and outside of sales, I don't buy there at all.

This Trench Run scene pack that's being rumored sounds interesting, the only thing that scares me about it is the possibility that I end up having to pay $100+ for ONE newish figure. I really hope they're smarter than that - see my thoughts on what I see as "smarter" in that thread.

'78

Reaction score

Even if the Pilot was obscure, having the Droid with him would be an immediate seller just for the Droid alone.

It seem everyone likes Droids and it would be easier to buy them in a 2-pk then the EE multipack, I'm sure lots of people missed out on those because of the format and availability.

GNT

Reaction score
A multipack of Rebel pilots will be on it's way out including Jek Porkins who's on a diet.

View the box back image here

Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to this one!

I don't think porkins is much too small...

Last edited:

Dom

Reaction score
They have cleraly "porked out" Porkins compared to the standard pilot mold. These multipacks are the best things I have seen in ages

Reaction score
And I just made R5-D8. Oh well, I like mine FAR better. Still might get the set.

Reaction score
This was a nice surprise out of left field, definitely getting it!
Porkins does look a bit slender though, maybe they couldn't budget a larger figure in the set.

Davish, Tiree, and R5-D8 are a nice addition too, though how do they decide which Droid to go with.

Personally I would have preferred Theron Net to Davish since I already have his Droid, but maybe we'll get some more in another set down the road.

Reaction score
As a Rebel Pilot fan I'm loving this set. However I think Davish should have the same body as Porkins. They were both heftier guys.

Though no Theron Nett?

I really wanted to finish Red Squadron. Damn!

(Except maybe Red 12)

Hoping they have good likenesses.

Reaction score
I would love to add this to my collection!

As there were 2 Endor Pilot sets, I'm really hoping for a second Yavin one to include the remaining pilots!

Reaction score
As there were 2 Endor Pilot sets, I'm really hoping for a second Yavin one to include the remaining pilots!
Please Hasbro!

If you're going to give us another useless TIE Pilot and near useless Astro in this pack instead of Theron Nett at least make another pack.

But I have a feeling the Ewok Pack will ship with this one. :(

Reaction score
These sets are amazing. I love that they sculpted an open chin strap for a bit of variation. Wasnt expecting to see a new Porkins, the old figure looks terrible with the new pilots so am really pleased about that.

Reaction score
This set looks amazing! Porkins looks a little too thin to me though haha. Still hoping for Red 10. Nice to see more Gold Squadron pilots.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This set is definitely a must buy for me. I just hope we learn more soon, since it seems that the pics and original post about these have vanished. The only thing that bugs me is that they could have given us Theron Nett instead of another tie pilot that we don't need. Oh well. I'm just glad we're getting an upgraded porkins (who looks fine to me, don't we actually want him to fit in an x-wing this time around?), plus finally getting pops and Tiree is a plus. The droid is just a bonus.

Reaction score
Love me some rebel pilots and astromechs - really like this (and the ewok pack)

Reaction score
Kewl - finally we see the hinted sequel set to last year's Battle of Endor packs. And it looks great. I'm in for at least one for sure. Keep 'em coming hasbro. This is a winning formula.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed, these sets are awesome news. I love the new Porkins and I love how they didnt make him too fat like they did last time.

Reaction score
I totally think these are legit. I have never seen something make it to completion and get prepared as a slide show file and not come out. My guess is that it is the new multipack for TRU this year along with the Ewoks. Especially since we haven't seen anything else that is fill that hole yet. THe images got yanked because Hasbro probably had an arrangement with TRU to get exclusive revealing rights.

Reaction score
I'm definitely down for one o' these sets! Never miss a Rebel/Imperial Pilots set!

Last edited:
Reaction score
A definite buy! Love this and the ewoks set. I hope they are a Target exclusive. And I hope they come out sooner then later. :D

Reaction score
In TVC News and Rumour Thread, Stan said Yavin Packs (Plural) and in brackets (Theron Nett)

Yay! :)

Reaction score
Finally a new Porkins! Instant buy for me.

Ditto. I've been saying for years the fat guy needed some love.
I'm all over this pack, I'm only hoping it's not a TRU exclusive. Although, given their recent history of pilot packs, and my bad luck, it probably will be theirs and will cost around $40, because TRU is horrible.

Reaction score
Ditto. I've been saying for years the fat guy needed some love.
I'm all over this pack, I'm only hoping it's not a TRU exclusive. Although, given their recent history of pilot packs, and my bad luck, it probably will be theirs and will cost around $40, because TRU is horrible.
I agree on all points. I've had the same thing with the bad luck. TRU is getting REALLY expensive. Especially up here in Canada. Plus they are so hit and miss with distribution. One thing in my favor is there used to be a toy store in a mall right across the street from TRU and the bastiches would cross the street buy up the exclusives, bring them back to their own store and jack the price up 100%. Thankfully they priced themselves right out of business so us average guys have a better chance at getting an exclusive without getting hosed.

Reaction score
I totally think these are legit. I have never seen something make it to completion and get prepared as a slide show file and not come out.
The Target exclusive Naboo Battle Pack. :\ Not that I wanted that, just that even if it's on a slide it's not completely safe from being axed.
That better not be the case with this pack though 'cause this is an instant buy for me!

Reaction score
The Target exclusive Naboo Battle Pack. :\ Not that I wanted that, just that even if it's on a slide it's not completely safe from being axed.
That better not be the case with this pack though 'cause this is an instant buy for me!
true but these sets require new tooling whereas the target naboo set was all repacks so that could've been partly target's motivation to drop the naboo set, so having new tooling costs, hasbro will be more anxiuos to get them out somewhere/somehow and i believe some of the ewoks at least had been tooled. look at the cancelled kenobi/mini shuttle dlx set, kenobi looked to be repack while the mini-shuttle was new tooled, so a year later, the mini shuttleis seeing a release, granted repainted and now w/ an anakin fig instead. the fett/bike set...i think no new tooling w/ that set, so no real loss or rush to get released

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm only hoping it's not a TRU exclusive. Although, given their recent history of pilot packs, and my bad luck, it probably will be theirs and will cost around $40, because TRU is horrible.
I would LOVE for this to be a TRU exclusive. They're easy to find and I'll get it for free, thanks to the TRU Mastercard.

Reaction score
true but these sets require new tooling whereas the target naboo set was all repacks so that could've been partly target's motivation to drop the naboo set, so having new tooling costs, hasbro will be more anxiuos to get them out somewhere/somehow and i believe some of the ewoks at least had been tooled. look at the cancelled kenobi/mini shuttle dlx set, kenobi looked to be repack while the mini-shuttle was new tooled, so a year later, the mini shuttleis seeing a release, granted repainted and now w/ an anakin fig instead. the fett/bike set...i think no new tooling w/ that set, so no real loss or rush to get released
Hope you're right! (about Hasbro wanting to release them).

Reaction score
I would LOVE for this to be a TRU exclusive. They're easy to find and I'll get it for free, thanks to the TRU Mastercard.
Yeah, but that would mean I actually have to go to a TRU, which I hate.
Not to mention I'll have to pay $40 for it instead of the $25 Target or Walmart would charge.

Reaction score
Not to mention I'll have to pay $40 for it instead of the $25 Target or Walmart would charge.
$40 for 5 figures wouldn't be that bad at all. Even though Target and WM are significantly less expensive, $25 sounds like wishful thinking.

Reaction score
And I hate going to Wal-Mart. The entire store is littered with trashy shoppers and stupid employees. I'd rather pay a little more at TRU then have to fight my way through the aisles at Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And I hate going to Wal-Mart. The entire store is littered with trashy shoppers and stupid employees. I'd rather pay a little more at TRU then have to fight my way through the aisles at Wal-Mart.
But ordering online and getting free shipping site to store beats driving around for three weeks hoping to get lucky and find a set.

Reaction score
TRU whole raise the price right before a sale is pretty annoying i.e. pod racer pack last week. Jan 30th release: $26.99. A week later on sale: reg price $29.99.