Rebel Pilots Multipack

Reaction score
Re: Tiree & Nett - Rebel Pilots at Yavin - Rumor

I'm all for them but I can see these guys being part of a battlepack similiar to the upcoming Battle of Endor sets at TRU.

either way I'd get them

Reaction score

2E151 said:
Since1978 said:
are FAR more major than any of the four that were included in those upcoming sets!

'78
Agreed. If this turns out to be true, it'll be the best news for me this year. (Other than a new Y-wing)

I don't see them carded individually, considering Wedge hasn't even gotten his release as of this date. (Forthcoming, I know). I'm thinking another battlepack.

While we already have Nett's Astromech, correct me if I'm wrong but the Y-wings during the Trench Run didn't have Astromechs did they? If so it would be impossible to get a screen accurate Astromech for Tiree.
They did have astromechs, but I don't know that we can really tell what they looked like... Y-wing astromech sockets are set a lot farther behind the ****pit than on X-wings. We'd only see them on the models.

Would love to see Pops with an improved Y-wing as a Target Exclusive. Just don't try to shove a $60+ price tag on it...

Reaction score

It's true that there are some shots in which the Y-Wing models inexplicably lacked their astro droids, clearly sporting empty sockets, but there are also plenty of shots in the hangar and also when flying that show droids in Y-Wing sockets, so their absense in some shots is likely a mistake. I guess the easiest retcon is to assume some had them and some didn't.

A great website where you can read up and check out loads of pictures from various reference sources on this subject is Scummer Pod's Astromech Reference Site.

If they assign Tiree a droid and we can't necesarily see it in the film, then I'd hope they at least pull the design from one of the many unmade Rebel astromechs we see in the Yavin IV hangar, battle and briefing scenes so we can tick one more off the list. Better that then try and invent a colour scheme, which they seem to struggle with.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
If they assign Tiree a droid and we can't necesarily see it in the film, then I'd hope they at least pull the design from one of the many unmade Rebel astromechs we see in the Yavin IV hangar, battle and briefing scenes so we can tick one more off the list. Better that then try and invent a colour scheme, which they seem to struggle with.
Agree. It doesn't take too great a leap to say that some of the Astrodroids seen in the hanger where used in the fighters and where on their way to their fighter assignments.

Reaction score

I won't be happy until all of the pilots from the Batle of Yavin are released, so this puts me that much closer :)

As minor a character as he is, I kinda like Theron Nett. Seems like he's cool under pressure.

Reaction score

I'm totally down for Tiree and Theron Nett. If fact, I'm down for all the Yavin pilots, Endor pilots, and Rogues. Release 'em all, I say!

I also really like the idea of more pilot/dorid multipacks. The molds are already there, so it costs Hasbro very little to produce these. All they need to do is come up with new paint decos for the droids & helmets. Pretty simple!

And as far as Porkins goes, he should NOT be in a multipack. Porkins is one of the few pilots that deserves his own Vintage-style card.

Reaction score

I absolutely agree, if they'd drop the TIE pilot and replace it with a second Astromech, I think they'd have a winning combination. Imagine combining these two with a couple of further background Rebel pilots and then four Astromechs split over two sets - I'd be all over those.

While some will ask for an updated Red Leader, Biggs, Porkins and Pops, I think they all have destinies along a different path - and may be better as individual carded releases, or in the case of Pops the often discussed Target release.

As far as the Astromechs go, I ABSOLUTELY agree that instead of making up more paint schemes, they should just duplicate any number of the background droids that can be seen in the background in the Yavin seens.

And pod's site is indeed an excellent resource on that front, but where it tries to nail down specific astromechs to specific pilots, I'm nowhere near as concerned about that, as it's pretty clear there was NO thought given to continuity when they made the models, filmed the pilots in the ****pits, etc. They could never have known that 35 years later we'd be picking apart those differences.

Bottom line is, two rebel pilots, two astromechs, and it's a formula for gold as far as I'm concerned!

'78

Reaction score

Stan mentioned that Hasbro was waiting on a vendor... So I wonder if these two characters would then be coming with...

For Nett: A Red 10 X-Wing and Astromech. And would Hasbro rework the droid slot for the new droid body that the Jabba R2 used?

For Tiree: The large size Y-Wing we've heard rumored. Also with reworked astromech slot.

Really hating the new re-sized droid body...

Reaction score

This is some great new we need all the pilots of red and gold squadron.............One problem I put them both on my OT wishlist lol.............

hey '78 are we considering Tiree and Nett both done and everyone should change their picks or wait and see till after TF?

Reaction score

We've already gotten R2-X2- Red 10's droid twice. In the EE astro packs-black and in TLC-green.

I'd like Gold Leader to be updated too, along with Biggs and Red Leader.

Reaction score

We are NOT considering either to be done as far as the wishlist poll is concerned, until we get a photo, something from a retail system, or OVERT confirmation from Hasbro, they should be considered rumors only, and we need to continue to campaign for them!

Reaction score

Given Stan's prediction success rate of less than 25%, I'm expecting half a Tiree.

Reaction score

Hasbro has to be careful now with Rebel Pilots, it seems that they have made too many in the last 3-4 years

Reaction score

Actually I was thinking the other day that this would be a good opportunity for those Pilot w/Droids 2-pks concept.

Theron Nett & R2-X2
Tiree & ??-??
etc.

Reaction score

I'm going to have to agree with this. A couple of years ago, I was of the mind set of "it would be nice to have some new rebel pilots". Since then, seems like we've been pretty inundated with them, and I think I've got my fill. Between comic packs, evolutions, and battling over Endor, I wouldn't mind a bit of a break.

AaylaSecurasMan said:
Hasbro has to be careful now with Rebel Pilots, it seems that they have made too many in the last 3-4 years

Reaction score

BrettX209 said:
I'm going to have to agree with this. A couple of years ago, I was of the mind set of "it would be nice to have some new rebel pilots". Since then, seems like we've been pretty inundated with them, and I think I've got my fill. Between comic packs, evolutions, and battling over Endor, I wouldn't mind a bit of a break.

AaylaSecurasMan said:
Even though I'm reluctant to say so, seeing the TRU packs still in stock would mean that pilots don't seem to sell as well, but I do love those figures and want all the ones i can get. They're like droids to me. I have to be honest in that some might not be popular or sell well (see all the 4-LOM's pegwarming as an example), but I can never get tired of those kinds of figures. Pilots and droids both are also great for me for customs, so it's tough seeing them as troubled sales or prone to pegwarming. I do like Masterfett's point about two packs with a pilot and droid, again, might not be any better of a seller but I'd love 'em.

Reaction score

If the rebel pilot sets were priced reasonably they would have no problem selling through. TRU would be to blame if they don't sell of them.

Reaction score

[insert vanilla non-biased statement about wanting more star wars figures here]

I still got to pick up the Battle over Endor packs! I better hurry...

Reaction score

i'll keep getting pilots, it seems to be the ONLY way to get rebels without stupid goatees or beards.

let's not forget the whole TRU.com fiasco with the endor pilots and the ever increasing price-
$24.99 to $27.99 to $31.99

Reaction score

Lukanator said:
If the rebel pilot sets were priced reasonably they would have no problem selling through. TRU would be to blame if they don't sell of them.
Yup. Those sets should be $19.99 pack, at best. There's not enough new parts in those things to fill a space cruiser.

Reaction score

Lukanator said:
I agree as well. I think the price hurt the packs more than anything else.

On the other hand, Hasbro needs to be careful about going to the same well too many times. A round of pilot/droid 2 packs would be cool, especially if we could get some imp. pilots with droids that were on the Death Star(s) as well.

Reaction score

these would do well at a fair price. In the uk they are even worse £30!

Reaction score

Price is really the key with these sets. Sure, they had to make a couple of new pieces, but for the most part these are just repaints.

Personally, I wish they would focus on pilots from ANH.

Reaction score

Please Hasbro, no more rebel pilots!

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
Price is really the key with these sets. Sure, they had to make a couple of new pieces, but for the most part these are just repaints.

Personally, I wish they would focus on pilots from ANH.
Totally agree. Three packs and four packs at $31 makes it tougher to succeed saleswise. If three packs were $20 they would do much better, the proposed 2-packs would do well if they were sold for like 12 bucks. I think there's enough guys left that at least a couple runs could be done, even if they combined say a new Hope Pilot with an EU pilot. Which they kinda did with some three packs already. Hasbro might need to get creative and also consider that price point issue as the critical thing here. Lots of people would want to see various pilots and whether it's single carded or mutiple packs, how much they cost is the greatest issue.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:

This is about the tenth thread that hasn't had activity for months that you've bumped - makes me think there's news but when I click through it's just a random comment

Only one Endor set has hit in the UK and it's not exactly flying off the shelves, and the pilot evolution sets stuck around a while, but when they drop to a price that averages out £5 a figure, they start shifting. I'd love to complete Battle of Yavin pilots though.

Reaction score

UK Toys R Us computers now list this:

498769 - SW Trench Run Scene Pack - £129.99

No idea what it is - anyone got any ideas? Must be pretty big for £129.99?!

Wishful thinking to maybe think these guys are coming as part of that set?

Reaction score

Let's lay off the pilots for a while.

There are at least six packs of one of the Legacy sets at Toys R Us, Walmart had Legacy sets in their clearance aisle, and the Battle Over Endor sets are taking up plenty of space at Toys R Us.

They don't seem to be as popular as this forum makes them seem. I'd rather get a pack of Endor Rebel soldiers or something.

Reaction score

TheRealDub said:
Lukanator said:
Yup. Those sets should be $19.99 pack, at best. There's not enough new parts in those things to fill a space cruiser.
I agree. At that price, and with today's sale, I would've picked them both up without a second thought. As it stands, I did give it a second thought, and passed even with the "sale."

Reaction score

pohatu771 said:

There are at least six packs of one of the Legacy sets at Toys R Us, Walmart had Legacy sets in their clearance aisle, and the Battle Over Endor sets are taking up plenty of space at Toys R Us.

They don't seem to be as popular as this forum makes them seem. I'd rather get a pack of Endor Rebel soldiers or something.
surely its cos of the price, as many are suggesting. This set should have been cheaper, all are repaints. At $20 these would have been great sellers. In the UK these are $45 each!

Reaction score

I want Theron Nett, Tiree, a new Porkins, a new Dutch and Pops before Hasbro stops.

Hasbro, keep making some more Rebel Pilots!!

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
I want Theron Nett, Tiree, a new Porkins, a new Dutch and Pops before Hasbro stops.
me too!!!

I agree, Hasbro needs to keep pumping out more and more pilots, I'll keep buying 'em as long they're making 'em.

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:

Hasbro, keep making some more Rebel Pilots!!
agreed! although for my Dutch isnt a priority, anytime we have the helmet you just buy a Luke X-Wing and switch helmets!

Reaction score

pohatu771 said:

Agreed. Although Rebel Pilots are great, too many have been released lately. Let's see some aliens!

Reaction score

I'd go for a new Porkins, but a new Dutch isn't necessary just swap his head and helmet to John D, or Nrin Vakil if more articulation is needed.

Definitely gotta have Nett and Pops before the end though!

This is how they should do Pilots going forward.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
I'd go for a new Porkins, but a new Dutch isn't necessary just swap his head and helmet to John D, or Nrin Vakil if more articulation is needed.

I agree with this idea, I think if Hasbro were to start a sub-line that consisted of two packs like this, there could be a lot of potential for figures that would otherwise not find a way out without their specific vehicle.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
Let's see some aliens!
Absolutely! Those require all-new figures for the dollars we spend. Not a new head and helmet on an old body. A pack of all those lesser know pilot's heads with a couple of pilot bodies would be good for pilot collectors and troop builders alike. Build-A-Pilot!

Reaction score

Masterfett said:

I could definitely see this, we've had the Order 66 Target exclusive 2-packs and the Droid Factory Wal-Mart 2-pack exclusives. Could be something we'd see and likely as a vendor exclusive. Pricing is the key though as many have mentioned with stuff like this, I'm sure we won't see them for this cheap, but they'd be great at $10.99 or $11.99.

Reaction score

Masterjedi4612 said:
Masterfett said:

I agree with this idea, I think if Hasbro were to start a sub-line that consisted of two packs like this, there could be a lot of potential for figures that would otherwise not find a way out without their specific vehicle.
I'd love to see that as well. I hate it when we get a pilot, but not his droid or vice versa. Or when they release a pilot then years later release his droid but put it in a exclusive pack someplace.

Reaction score

i saw pictures and thought we had something here