Rebel Pilot Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
One of my favorite threads on Rebelscum is the Astromech Focus Collectors. Its great having a one stop spot for all the new astro stuff. Personally my biggest focus is Rebel Pilots and their ships. Anyone else interested in getting a pilot/starfighter focus thread going in a similar manner? I'm hoping with Rogue One we'll be getting a bunch of new pilot stuff.

Reaction score
I collect Pilots too, but generally because they have droid companion. And I think I need to complete the set. I prefer Droids over Pilots though, has they have a more unique deco. I wouldn't collect them if they all were the same color as R2. And that's how I feel about Pilots. Whether it's an X-Wing, Y-Wing or B-Wing etc. Once you have one, you have the rest. lol So it is nice to have removable helmets, to see that it is actually a different character. It alos wouldn't be so bad if Hasbro didn't reuse the same 3 sculpt for everyone.

Reaction score
I collect Pilots too, but generally because they have droid companion. And I think I need to complete the set. I prefer Droids over Pilots though, has they have a more unique deco. I wouldn't collect them if they all were the same color as R2. And that's how I feel about Pilots. Whether it's an X-Wing, Y-Wing or B-Wing etc. Once you have one, you have the rest. lol So it is nice to have removable helmets, to see that it is actually a different character. It alos wouldn't be so bad if Hasbro didn't reuse the same 3 sculpt for everyone.
I love droids because of their attachment to the pilots, like Robin to Batman. For me its the helmet designs that make the pilots unique. I do wish we had a few different sculpts from Hasbro mostly for height reasons.

Reaction score
I have a collection of as many of the various pilots made,will take a pic and post it here when daylight.

Reaction score
I love droids because of their attachment to the pilots, like Robin to Batman. For me its the helmet designs that make the pilots unique. I do wish we had a few different sculpts from Hasbro mostly for height reasons.
An awesome set of collectibles would be a rebel pilot helmet collection in the titanium helmet series. As long as the line continues, an OTC XWing helmet is a given, so a box set of 5 or 6, same sculpt, different deco would be amazing.

Reaction score
An awesome set of collectibles would be a rebel pilot helmet collection in the titanium helmet series. As long as the line continues, an OTC XWing helmet is a given, so a box set of 5 or 6, same sculpt, different deco would be amazing.
I hope we get that lucky. I bought enough of the Tomy helmets a few years back to do a full set of the OT pilot helmets but I haven't had the time to get around to it. If they did it in the titanium series, it would save me a lot of work.

Reaction score
Never understood why Hasbro never released a two set of Rebel pilots and their respective droids. At least for A new hope anyway.

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I did toy with focusing on Red Five and her pilot, but the Falcon won out, in the end.

Anyone have any any photos of their Pilot collection?

Reaction score
The best part with Pilots, is that you can make several with only needing a new head for that specific character. Seems Hasbro has forgotten that concept...

Reaction score
The new Rogue One Visual Dictionary, as mentioned has a lot of great info and pics on the Rebel Pilots. And the coolest picture of all the helmet art.

Reaction score
Hope we get some titanium x-wing pilot helmets. Would love to see multi packs (3 or more helmets per) of red, gold and blue squadron. Don't have figures or ships displayed anymore but do have this pilot display still up. It's an old picture, sorry so crappy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hope we get some titanium x-wing pilot helmets. Would love to see multi packs (3 or more helmets per) of red, gold and blue squadron. Don't have figures or ships displayed anymore but do have this pilot display still up. It's an old picture, sorry so crappy.

Those helmets are BEAUTIFUL! Did you paint them? I have enough of the 1/6 Tomy helmets do do every OT helmet but someday I'd like to do them this size, or maybe even 1:1 if the funds are available. I definitely am hoping we get Red Leader, Gold Leader, and Blue Leader in the titanium line. Those are my favorite designs.

Reaction score
That pic also makes me wish Gentle Giant would get around to releasing Biggs, Red Leader, Gold Leader, and the ROTJ A-wing and Y-wing pilots although at this point it probably won't ever happen. My GG pilots are some of my favorite pieces.

Reaction score
Those helmets are BEAUTIFUL! Did you paint them? I have enough of the 1/6 Tomy helmets do do every OT helmet but someday I'd like to do them this size, or maybe even 1:1 if the funds are available. I definitely am hoping we get Red Leader, Gold Leader, and Blue Leader in the titanium line. Those are my favorite designs.
Yes, I painted them two years ago. The only ones that are "stock" are the Luke and Wedge. All the rest started out as a MR Luke helmet (except Porkins, that started out as a Riddell Luke helmet, need to have a chin strap that opened). I had a lot of fun making them. I have one left. I was thinking about doing Dak or Zev from ESB but now I'm leaning more towards Blue Leader or Red 5 that got shot down in R1.

Reaction score
That pic also makes me wish Gentle Giant would get around to releasing Biggs, Red Leader, Gold Leader, and the ROTJ A-wing and Y-wing pilots although at this point it probably won't ever happen. My GG pilots are some of my favorite pieces.
I'm right there with you. I still have my fingers crossed for a Biggs and Red Leader. It would be nice if the released Red and Gold Leader, seeing how they were in Rogue One.

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. I still have my fingers crossed for a Biggs and Red Leader. It would be nice if the released Red and Gold Leader, seeing how they were in Rogue One.
I've been trying to convince GG to do a pilot bust with swappable Red Leader/Gold Leader heads. That way they only have one release but I can get two and still have my two favorites.

Reaction score
Yes, I painted them two years ago. The only ones that are "stock" are the Luke and Wedge. All the rest started out as a MR Luke helmet (except Porkins, that started out as a Riddell Luke helmet, need to have a chin strap that opened). I had a lot of fun making them. I have one left. I was thinking about doing Dak or Zev from ESB but now I'm leaning more towards Blue Leader or Red 5 that got shot down in R1.
There's always Gold Leader (or Tiree or Pops)!

Reaction score
Huge fail on my part for being late to this thread.

I've always been a ship/vehicle fan more then anything, and have always collected pilots. I started collecting astromechs now, but I only collect ones if they are assigned to a pilot (gotta limit myself somehow). They go together so it made sense.

Here is what I got for my pilot collection.

I'm still working on getting more of the astromechs that were assigned to the pilots. I have every latest release of each pilot, minus the one from the Dagger Squadron B-wing pack-in. Some pilots and 2 astromechs are also customs.

Top row:
TFA pilots/astromechs, along with custom Wedge Antilles in TIE Pilot gear from Star Wars Rebels.

1st row: A-wing, B-wing and Y-wing pilots
2nd row: X-wing Red Squadron
3rd row: EU Legends Rogue Squadron and customs
4th row: Snowspeeder pilots and custom of myself

A lot of my customs are from video games. Dash Rendar in Snowspeeder gear (Rogue 12 in EU Legends), Kasan Moor from Rogue Squadron, Ace Azzameen and Olin Garn from X-wing Alliance, Rookie One from Rebel Assault, Gavin Darklighter from the Rogue Squadron comics. I also have a Blue Squadron Bothan Y-wing pilot from Shadows of the Empire somewhere. If you'd like to see a specific pilot let me know.

Reaction score
Can anyone help identifying these pilots from Rogue One?

This guy appears to be the same actor as Green 12 Wion Dillems, but he has a blue suit and darker 'tache

Is this guy the same actor as Blue Leader?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Such a shame this thread died. I've been recently getting back into collecting pilots. I've been caught up, but now I've been making customs using heads from GI Joe, Elite Forces, etc. Including customs, I have over 50+ pilots. I will post them soon, but for now here is my main setup. I'm actually looking into changing it soon, as now with my customs I'm running out of room. It's pretty much the same set up as before.

WdTKA4v.jpg

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. I do love a focus collection.

What made you choose the pilots?
I've always loved the vehicles, space battles, ship to ship combat etc. It's my favorite part in all of Star Wars.

Reaction score
I wanted to share with you the pilots I have so far, customs included. I'm sure I missed a pilot or 2 lol. I won't name every pilot, just the customs. The custom figures shown will have their helmets off so it'll be easier to tell.

A-wing pilots (the Sullestian is a custom from a deleted scene from ROTJ)

1.jpg

B-wing pilots

2.jpg

X-wing Red Squadron - Battle of Yavin

3.jpg

Y-wing Gold Squadron - Battle of Yavin

4.jpg

Rogue Squadron Snowspeeder pilots
Customs:
Hobbie (now super articulated)
Dash Rendar x2 (the flight suit custom was from I believe a trading card, and the one with just the helmet was from the N64 players guide)

5.jpg

X-wing Red Squadron - Battle of Endor
Custom:
Red 7 Keir Santage (the head I used was GI Joe Footloose from 2005)

6.jpg

Gray Squadron - Battle of Endor
Customs:
Gray Leader Hortan Salm (not sure which GI Joe head I used, it didn't say in the ebay listing)
Gray 2 Lt. Telsij (I used the mistakenly labeled Arvel Crynard figure from the POTF Rebel Pilots Cinema 3 pack)

7.jpg

Rogue Squadron
Customs:
Gavin Darklighter (back left - I used GI Joe Major Barrage)
Soontir Fel (back right - just a head swap)
Luke Skywalker (front - based his appearance from ROTJ, even though he was in his X-wing for 10 seconds
, just a head swap)
Wedge Antilles (front - head swap from the Wedge/Borsk Fey'lya 2 pack)
Tycho Celchu (front right - from the X-wing comics, just a head swap from A-wing Tycho)

8.jpg

Video Game pilots

Customs:
Keyan Farlander (head swap from B-wing Keyan - from the PC game X-wing)
Rookie One (head used was GI Joe Agent Mouse - from Rebel Assault 1 & 2)
Gold Leader Crix Madine (from Star Wars: Rogue Squadron's fifth mission Liberation of Gerrard V)
Zev Senesca (from Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - we got him as a Snowspeeder pilot but no head cap, so I made him into an X-wing pilot)
Kasen Moor (from Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - head used was the villain from the fourth? Indy movie)
Ace Azzameen (from X-wing Alliance - head used was from a Luke figure but it was one that didn't look like Luke really, went for a boyish look)
Olin Garn (from X-wing Alliance, friend and wingman of Ace - head used was from the Elite Forces line)

9.jpg

Misc. Pilots

Customs:
Commander Narra (head used was, according to an ebay listing, a cancelled GI Joe head)
Bothan Blue Squadron Y-wing pilot from Shadows of the Empire
Princess Leia (from one of the new comics -this was the only one I did not make, it was in a pilot fodder lot I got)
10.jpg

Reaction score
Got a few more group shots!

I just did this tonight. I wanted to see what the new TVC X-wing Luke figure looked like if I did a head swap onto a shorter pilot. Just to be safe I did boil and pop, then pulled out the double ball joint from the neck. I widened the neck hole just a bit with my dremel. Here's the result.

78136125_419954708896181_6898880636124135424_n.jpg

Sequel Pilots
Custom:
C'ai Threnalli (right - just a head swap, now super articulated)

78685619_1203984753120528_3459522154641489920_n.jpg

Lastly here is myself as an X-wing pilot! I did this a few years ago. I used the website thatsmyface.com. Unfortunately the head came in damaged. I contacted customer support, and a week or two later they sent me 2 heads. I have one with a helmet on and one without. Accessories for myself are a helmet, blaster and camcorder lol. I also put together my own astromech and named him R2-S5, after my favorite baseball team the Boston Red Sox. Kinda corny but you gotta have some fun right?

78388958_556869164876228_889671182234681344_n.jpg