Rebel Commander Rifle v Survival kit version

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware that the survival kit Rebel Commander rifle was unique and different to the one that came with the actual figure. It is apparently very flexible whereas the version that comes with the figure is much harder.

I’ve just had a figure rejected but AFA due to this. I don’t know enough about weapons variations to dispute it.

Can anyone confirm that the figure only comes with the hard version and not the flexible one.

Reaction score
According to the Imperial Gunnery website, there appears to be six variants of this rifle.

You can view each of them here.

Seems the Hoth Survival rifle (ver. 6) has a rubbery quality that is not present in the other versions.

I need to check mine. I had the Survival Kit as a child and I’m sure the rifles got mixed and matched.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Yeah I think it says v 6 came as rubbery or hard version. I’m wondering if the rubbery version is exclusive to the Survival kit and didn’t come with any carded or baggie figures.

Reaction score
That can cause a mess for sure. There are 3 different weapons/accessories baggies. If the parts are not the same, I'm sure they have been mixed in with original.

I have noticed that the straps of the soldier blaster are often broken in a sealed baggie.

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware that the survival kit Rebel Commander rifle was unique and different to the one that came with the actual figure. It is apparently very flexible whereas the version that comes with the figure is much harder.

I checked a sealed S.Kit and it comes with an IG V1 Hoth Rebel Rifle, not the V6 rubbery one.

So not all S.Kit's came with the V6 rubbery version.
The S.Kit I checked also comes with the less detailed version of the Jedi Training Backpack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok that’s very interesting to know that the hard version came in the survival kit too. So I wonder how anyone could confirm that the carded versions are all v6 rubbery and not v6 hard?