Read Five Designs – Star Wars Toy Guide Volume One

Reaction score
Hello All,

We just wanted to make people aware of our new upcoming Kickstarter campaign which should launch 5th November.

We have just had approval for the campaign and you can visit the KICKSTARTER preview at this link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... -1977-1985

Attachments

Reaction score
We have already been interviewed by Bossk's Bounty -
and also the Paliboys -

Worth a listen for further information but if there are any questions here please feel free to ask and we will endeavour to answer them.Thanks

Reaction score
Hi, like the page layouts! In terms of contents though, looking at the Luke Skywalker page example I noticed this references the yellow and brown hair, but does it go into detail to reference the orange (pumpkin) and light brown versions as well, and what card backs these are located on? I'm just using this as an example to understand the depth of what this will show in the book throughout.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi, like the page layouts! In terms of contents though, looking at the Luke Skywalker page example I noticed this references the yellow and brown hair, but does it go into detail to reference the orange (pumpkin) and light brown versions as well, and what card backs these are located on? I'm just using this as an example to understand the depth of what this will show in the book throughout.

Thanks
Brody_Walker, Yes, we will be covering those as well as the cards and possible cards they appear on. Luke (and possibly Obi-Wan) may be the only figure to appear on two spreads. Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys and the backing! and thanks to @KlaatuBaradaNikt for giving people the info, much appreciated!

We have some interesting announcement to make next week which we hope will excite you even more. Continue to spread the word and make this happen!

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Brody_Walker, Yes, we will be covering those as well as the cards and possible cards they appear on. Luke (and possibly Obi-Wan) may be the only figure to appear on two spreads. Thanks
Thanks for the response! Will there be in any content on foreign or pre-production items? Sorry if I missed this in the write-up

Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Will there be in any content on foreign or pre-production items? Sorry if I missed this in the write-up
There is no foreign cards like Tri-Logos or Palitoys etc. We looked at that initially and realised it would be too much to do in one books as well as have access to all those items for photography. We do have proof cards though from POTF and Revenge, thanks.

Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
Wondering how complete it will be, too. Power Droid does not show 'short V' variation.

Reaction score
comicalUser we are working our way through the variations and spreads will be updated before we go to print. The image shown are early proof stages. Thanks
Very good, thanks! I have sincere interest in this, but wanted to know if all major variants would be covered. This would up my interest.

Reaction score
Just a little extra insight into the depth of this book. We originally thought the variations for each figure could go on its page with the figure spreads but soon realised we need this to be a separate chapter...

SW-Kenner-Book_Wave-A_Variations.jpg
Design may differ from final product.

Reaction score
that's very interesting. How did you determine the order? for example your 20MC-S2 has the secret figure offer (which we know now is Bossk) shouldn't that be the last chronologically? Also I've never seen that sticker applied to the bottom of the card, I've only seen the top covering the fett offer for example http://www.12back.com/features/cardbacks/20Kback.jpg which Kellerman calls the 20-K where as the fett offer stickers are D through I. I guess it's possible for that sticker to be on the bottom? I don't really follow cardbacks too much but it does seem silly to cover the other figures you can get and have 2 offers , one of which was no longer a promotion

Reaction score
that's very interesting. How did you determine the order? for example your 20MC-S2 has the secret figure offer (which we know now is Bossk) shouldn't that be the last chronologically? Also I've never seen that sticker applied to the bottom of the card, I've only seen the top covering the fett offer for example http://www.12back.com/features/cardbacks/20Kback.jpg which Kellerman calls the 20-K where as the fett offer stickers are D through I. I guess it's possible for that sticker to be on the bottom? I don't really follow cardbacks too much but it does seem silly to cover the other figures you can get and have 2 offers , one of which was no longer a promotion
@porkinsred6 we had the wrong video uploaded. We initially had the sticker you mentioned at to the left of the flowchart because when we first looked into its appearance there is a 12 back (C) with the sticker added but we soon realised this must have been some old stock or something at the time (guessing) for it to carry the sticker and didn't fit in with the timeline of the offer necessarily. This has since been correct and the correct video upload. The offer date generally dictates chronology. Thanks

Reaction score
All backers of the book will now receive a set of sticker sheet which contain the predicted cards fronts and backs (printed in the book as tinted images). The stickers will be printed full strength so that if these cards ever come to light, you will be able to keep the book up-to-date thus future proofing it somewhat!

Attachments