Re: Local Area Reports #14 : Long Island

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
I'm not too big into autographs.

Lynch, do you attend autograph signings?
Sorry - I missed that reply!

Yes, I attend when I can. My wife and I work a lot, trying to save for a house so I can have a place for my collection . . . um, I mean, a place to raise a family.

I go to a lot of cons (which is why my signature is what it is) and do a ton of through the mail autos also. It gets very addicting once you get a couple of autos back. I also go in a lot for the Wattographs private signings.

Oh, and nothing new at all at Setauket Target & Centereach Wally.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
AnthonyP said:

Yes, I attend when I can. My wife and I work a lot, trying to save for a house so I can have a place for my collection . . . um, I mean, a place to raise a family.

I go to a lot of cons (which is why my signature is what it is) and do a ton of through the mail autos also. It gets very addicting once you get a couple of autos back. I also go in a lot for the Wattographs private signings.

That's pretty cool, Lynch!

Found two Snowtroopers today at TRU and Target in Riverhead.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
AnthonyP said:

autographs can get addicting. I have most of my cds autographed but it helps workin in the music industy to feed that addiction in music. the star wars autographs i dont go all crazy for. I just wait till then show up at the big apple con so i get them in one, big shot.

Reaction score

Actually, the Big Apple Con was how I really got hooked.

My 1st SW auto was at I-Con many, many years ago (Stony Brook Univ.) - I was there when I found out that a last minute guest had been added - Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma). I raced home for something to have her sign, and all I could find was my action figure.

A year later I went to Big Apple Con - they had Bulloch, Prowse, Baker & Mayhew all in a row! I got 10 autographs that day, and that was it. Now I have more than 100 autographed SW action figures, plus a few random pics. I also have some Farscape figures signed, and a ton of Trek stuff, plus some stuff from other sci-fi shows. I've even gotten my wife involved & into auto collecting. When one of my boxes comes back, she is just as excited as I am to open it.

Okay Flo - what do you do in the music business that you get your CDs signed?

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:

My 1st SW auto was at I-Con many, many years ago (Stony Brook Univ.) - I was there when I found out that a last minute guest had been added - Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma). I raced home for something to have her sign, and all I could find was my action figure.

A year later I went to Big Apple Con - they had Bulloch, Prowse, Baker & Mayhew all in a row! I got 10 autographs that day, and that was it. Now I have more than 100 autographed SW action figures, plus a few random pics. I also have some Farscape figures signed, and a ton of Trek stuff, plus some stuff from other sci-fi shows. I've even gotten my wife involved & into auto collecting. When one of my boxes comes back, she is just as excited as I am to open it.

I work for a music company in new york that also allows me to work with several radio stations in the country. I meet all types of musicians. the worst part is that I meet new artists when they are "up and coming" and I dont bother getting autographs but I end up regretting it when they blow up and you cant get near them much any longer!

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
Darth_Lynch said:

I work for a music company in new york that also allows me to work with several radio stations in the country. I meet all types of musicians. the worst part is that I meet new artists when they are "up and coming" and I dont bother getting autographs but I end up regretting it when they blow up and you cant get near them much any longer!
Sounds great!

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
The new Titanium wave has hit: Hound's Tooth, Sebulba's Podracer & Clone Wars Y-wing... I need one of each of these, if y'all can help me. Also looking for the Transformers Animated Activators Cliffjumper.
Start searching Atreyu! Target Medford had 1 of each which I got for myself + a Booster Gold to complete my DC Classics wave 7. I also got the Magnaguard fighter & Droid fighter from Walmart in Setauket. They only had 1 of each though. Nice haul today.

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
Dude - you gotta get me hooked up with Rush man! Haha... they're are my favorite band, but while I have met all the other bands I dig, I have never had the opportunity to meet them.

OK - fanboy rant & wishing done. I have found nothing over the past week. Still looking for new Titaniums.

Reaction score

got the Rancor pulled from out of the back room this morning!! 087-06-2066. 39.99 but its sweet!

Reaction score

Medford Target had a few of the new BPs - Jabba & Yavin - and the new Titaniums as of 1PM.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
Medford Target had a few of the new BPs - Jabba & Yavin - and the new Titaniums as of 1PM.
im sure the yavin one will be gone first, as in the case of most stores, leaving the jabba ones behind.

Reaction score

doubledown said:
got the Rancor pulled from out of the back room this morning!! 087-06-2066. 39.99 but its sweet!
Thanks again pal!

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up on the Titaniums. I went to LG TRU, Commack North, South, Setauket & Medford Targets, Commack & Centereach Walmart... but I only found the Hound's Tooth.

I need 2 Sebulba Podracers, a Clone Wars Y-wing & a Red IV X-wing. Oh sh*t, I also need a Anakin JSF w/hyperspace ring (ep3) and a Red I X-wing if anyone see's those still floating around. Please STASH all & PM me... LOL

Reaction score

By the way, I went to Middle Island Walmart yesterday and they had a whole bunch of the Scramble on Yavin battlepacks. They must have put out like three boxes.

Reaction score

Man, I went out again today hitting like 6 stores and found nothing.

Buff (or anyone else
) - keep your eyes peeled for an Animated Activators Cliffjumper for me. Looking almost desperately. Stash or pick it up & PM me. Thanks guys!!!

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
I have yet to spot a single ESB figure around here.
you have to hit the stores at opening. thats pretty much the only way youll find them for now.

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
I have yet to spot a single ESB figure around here.
you have to hit the stores at opening. thats pretty much the only way youll find them for now.
Any particular stores that are hot right now?
target and walmart.
Which ones!

Went to Holbrook TRU today and they had nothing.

Reaction score

Setauket Target had nothing new. Centerach Wally had a bunch of the ANH wave, doubles of everything except Wioslea. And plenty of CW Anakins.

Still searching for CW Jar Jar (and close to going through an online store) and the Ugnaught & Hoth Trooper from the ESB wave.

Reaction score

Darth Lynch check Central Islip Target for Jar Jar. I saw some there a few days ago. Everytime I go there they seem to have him.

Reaction score

jedichicken said:
Darth Lynch check Central Islip Target for Jar Jar. I saw some there a few days ago. Everytime I go there they seem to have him.
CENTRAL ISLIP! YIKES!!!

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
doubledown said:
*ahem* ya
forget to thank someone!
you're right, where are my manners??
thanks for helping me convince that stockgirl to pull the case out of the stockroom for us SithDarthRage!!

Reaction score

doubledown said:
FlorenceBeach said:
doubledown said:
*ahem* ya
forget to thank someone!
you're right, where are my manners??
thanks for helping me convince that stockgirl to pull the case out of the stockroom for us SithDarthRage!!
Was there a party at Target!?

Reaction score

jedichicken said:
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to make it out there today. If anyone hits CI Target before 330 today, lmk if Jar Jar is still there.